Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It looks like Trump's trade strategy is working

From CNBC:

The U.S. can hurt the Chinese economy more than they can hurt ours and President Donald Trump's cards are working in his favor, Jim Cramer says.

https://www.cnbc.com/video/2019/10/1...s-working.html

"I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Crickets from the left....figures.
    "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post
      Crickets from the left....figures.
      They're just waiting to come up with something to change the subject with.
      The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

When Trump cut taxes and started to remove government from the equation, the economy skyrocketed. When he expanded government's role in the economy, everything began to sink. The proof is in the numbers and the timeline. His tariffs have significantly hurt the growth he's responsible for and has put us on the brink of recession. In my book, that's not success.
        "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
        - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

I posted this yesterday morning:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/mark...ons/sl-AAIM15f

As part of a cease-fire deal on Friday, China agreed to buy up to $50 billion in US farm products, while the US said it would suspend a tariff increase on $250 billion worth of Chinese imports that was set to take effect Tuesday. – CBS News

Yet those agreements have not been put on paper by either side. Early Monday, Treasury Secretary Mnuchin confirmed the preliminary pact was "subject to documentation." The US could still slap additional import taxes on virtually all imports from China in December. – Business Insider

US stocks closed slightly lower Monday as investors worried the pact would not lead to significantly lower trade barriers or foster global economic growth in the near term. –

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/money/how-big-a-win-is-trump-s-trade-deal-with-china/ar-AAILqi7?ocid=msn360

President Donald Trump was quick to tout the U.S.'
          verbal agreement with China on trade
          as a major win, especially for American farmers. But a deal isn't over the line, while experts say the pact falls well short of a breakthrough in altering trade relations with the Chinese government.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/tops...y7?ocid=msn360

Wall Street loves details and numbers. And when Wall Street doesn’t get the nitty gritty from management teams and politicians, it will often loudly voice its displeasure — usually by dumping stocks.
          We are not now that strength which in old days
          Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
          Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
          To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

The catch is the Triffin dilemma.

Comment

Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post

Dangling Participle Alert!!! Dangling Participle Alert!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post

You already did that

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post
                  From CNBC:

The U.S. can hurt the Chinese economy more than they can hurt ours and President Donald Trump's cards are working in his favor, Jim Cramer says.

https://www.cnbc.com/video/2019/10/1...s-working.html
                  Trump is a business man whose philosophy is that the business of the US is to do business even with '' bad guys '',because the wealth of US is founded on trade with bad guys ( there are more bad guys than good guys ).
                  The philosophy of the liberals is that the mission of the US is to impose by force their values on the rest of the world and to remove bad guys by worse guys : better ISIS in Damascus and Tripoli than Assad and Gadafi .
                  The liberals forget that to remain a super power,US needs a healthy economy, which means : trade with Kim, with Assad, with Gadaffi ,with Erdogan, with Franco, with Ceausescu.
                  The average American does not care if his salary is indirectly paid by Erdogan or Kim or Duterte .

Comment

Meanwhile,

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-chi...ce-11571003495

By

The Editorial Board
                    Oct. 13, 2019 5:51 pm ET

President Trump on Friday announced a trade deal with China that he called “tremendous” or “tremendously” positive 15 times. The details look far more modest to us, but this truce in the trade war beats the alternative of escalating tariffs that have already caused a significant global economic slowdown.

My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

On the other hand, the strategy of misinformation by Trumps's advisers on the China issue has indeed worked for a long time

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/16/u...-ron-vara.html

Peter Navarro Invented an Expert for His Books, Based on Himself

President Trump’s trade adviser frequently cited Ron Vara, a fictional source who was a critic of China, in his writings.

This week, Washington learned about the mysterious anti-China voice that has long whispered in Mr. Navarro’s ear: Ron Vara.

In a statement to The Chronicle, Mr. Navarro likened Ron Vara to “Alfred Hitchcock appearing briefly in cameo in his movies” and said it was “refreshing” that someone finally figured out his joke.

You cannot make this stuff up
                      Last edited by pamak; 17 Oct 19, 18:18.
                      My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X