Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Kasich to Republicans:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartandhp

Former Ohio Gov. John Kasich said his advice for fellow Republicans in Congress during the impeachment process was to "look in the mirror at how you want to be remembered."

Kasich, who was defeated by President Trump in the 2016 primary and has often criticized the president, said Republican's shouldn't be afraid of telling Trump their true feelings.

"Look in the mirror and figure out how you want to be remembered later and how you feel about yourself today," Kasich told CNN's Jake Tapper during an appearance on "State of the Union."

"There's nothing wrong with telling the truth and sharing your real feelings," he said.

Kasich said he believes Trump was "dead wrong" to press Ukraine's president to investigate former Vice President Joe Biden and his son, regardless of whether the president was withholding aid to that country to convince Ukraine leaders to begin the probe.

He did say that if a quid pro quo between the investigation and the aid is proven, GOP lawmakers may be less willing to defend the president.

Kasich said Democrats should hold a vote on launching an impeachment inquiry, a move the party's House leadership has said is not necessary.

"I don't understand why they won't do that," Kasich said.
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
    Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
    To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Kasich has not recovered from his defeat in the primaries at the hand of Trump. He's still a loser, don't believe he will have any influence.
    Leadership is the ability to rise above conventional wisdom.

Comment

Originally posted by R.N. Armstrong View Post
      Kasich has not recovered from his defeat in the primaries at the hand of Trump. He's still a loser, don't believe he will have any influence.
      But his point is still valid.

History will still judge today's republicans. And I doubt that Trump being a winner will save their reputation.
      My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Originally posted by R.N. Armstrong View Post
        A loser? He was a successful two-term governor of Ohio and also served in the House. He was the congressman that helped with the federal budget in 1994.
        Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts

Comment

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartandhp

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) denounced President Donald Trump’s call for China to investigate former Vice President Joe Biden and his son Hunter, becoming one of only a handful of Republican senators to openly criticize the brazen request for foreign interference in the 2020 election.

Comment

Ignorant buffoons tend to go for appearance over substance.
            We hunt the hunters

Comment

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
              Ignorant buffoons tend to go for appearance over substance.
              Ignorant buffoons tend to care more about securing their position in the Congress than securing their position in history
              My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post

A loser? He was a successful two-term governor of Ohio and also served in the House. He was the congressman that helped with the federal budget in 1994.
                How was he successful as governor of Ohio.
                Matthew 25:14-30. Jesus tells that it is not sufficient merely to maintain things as they are. Those who await should make good use of the gifts that God has provided them.

Comment

All Sour Grapes Losers coming out the woodworks now, please give me a break!
                  Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Kasich is one of the most astute politicians in the country. I guess, though, that you don't like him because he's not your 'type' of Republican. Yet, you support Trump who is a RINO and used to be a Democrat...

Comment

Originally posted by OJsDad View Post

How was he successful as governor of Ohio.
                      He won the governorship for two consecutive terms which is the term limit for Ohio This is enough according to some people.

Comment

Kasich is one of the most astute politicians in the country. I guess, though, that you don't like him because he's not your 'type' of Republican. Yet, you support Trump who is a RINO and used to be a Democrat...
                        I don't support Trump, I support Republican Policies and please don't tell me what I am about, you don't know, And I could give a Rats A$$ what Trump was in 1982, all I care about that he is not a democRat now!

Comment

I never voted for Trump, but did vote for Kasich twice for governor.

Now, instead of dodging the question, what did Kasich do as governor that was so successful.
                          Matthew 25:14-30. Jesus tells that it is not sufficient merely to maintain things as they are. Those who await should make good use of the gifts that God has provided them.

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post

I don't support Trump, I support Republican Policies and please don't tell me what I am about, you don't know, And I could give a Rats A$$ what Trump was in 1982, all I care about that he is not a democRat now!
                            So, who do you support as a republican challenger in the GOP primaries?

Comment

Originally posted by pamak View Post

So, who do you support as a republican challenger in the GOP primaries?
                              Any one that opposes democRats!
                              Last edited by Trung Si; 13 Oct 19, 21:54.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X