The Bobsey Twins...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Bobsey Twins...

...Lev and Igor-two that didn't get away...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartandhp

Two Soviet-born donors to a pro-Trump fundraising committee who helped Rudy Giuliani’s efforts to investigate Democrat Joe Biden were arrested late Wednesday on criminal charges stemming from their alleged efforts to funnel foreign money into U.S. elections and influence U.S. politics on behalf of at least one Ukrainian politician.

Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman, two Florida businessmen, made a brief appearance in federal court in Virginia Thursday, dressed in T-shirts. Both men are U.S. citizens born in former Soviet republics. They were arrested at Dulles Airport on Wednesday while awaiting an international flight with one-way tickets, according to people familiar with the matter, a day before one of them was scheduled to testify before House committees.
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
    Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
    To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

President Trump says that he doesn't know the two business associates of his personal attorney Rudy Giuliani who were arrested on campaign finance charges but acknowledged he may have been photographed with them at some point.

I suppose that discretion may be the better option to valor, but valor has never been a Trump attribute.
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts

Comment

Two businessmen who are associates of President Donald Trump’s lawyer Rudy Giuliani have been arrested on campaign finance violations. Is there a connection to the Trump-Ukraine scandal that has entangled the controversial, divisive president in impeachment proceedings by the House?

Comment

Well, so much for any testimony from them worth a nickel...

As far as it goes otherwise, meh. If the Awan family can skate, then this is an even bigger nothing burger.

Comment

The untouchables

191010154229-trump-giuliani-associates-file-exlarge-169.jpg

From the indictment

https://www.washingtonpost.com/conte...-b6221ee48876/

1. At and around the same time PARNAS and FRUMAN committed to raising those funds for Congressman - PARNAS met with Congressman- 1 and sought Congressman - ' s assistance in causing the U . S . Government to remove or recall the then- U . . Ambassador to Ukraine (the " Ambassador " ) .

My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
            Soviet-born
            Is msn suddenly unable to say "Ukrainians"?
            Should we start calling Zelensky "the Soviet-born" president of Ukraine?

Comment

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...st/3866159002/

No surprise that s*** attracts flies

27888b17-2ac8-470a-b7e4-cda705e6a1c4-lev_parnas_and_igor_fruman.JPG?width=540&height=&fit=bounds&auto=webp.jpg

My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

This has been a day for old school pop culture references. This evening some of my friends and I were making Yul Brynner references that were sailing past the 20somethings and Mass comes in with a Bobsy Twins reference. My Mom read those books and so did my grandmother.

It's been a pop culture filled day for me.
                A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateship1982 View Post
                  This has been a day for old school pop culture references. This evening some of my friends and I were making Yul Brynner references that were sailing past the 20somethings and Mass comes in with a Bobsy Twins reference. My Mom read those books and so did my grandmother.

It's been a pop culture filled day for me.
                  Perhaps I should have used 'Tweedledum and Tweedledumber' instead. Whatever the nomenclature, the plot sickens and the administration is looking worse every day. Giuliani's two cutthroats and two others have been arrested and charged by the SDNY and the investigation is still ongoing. And Junior is involved-what a shock.

Comment

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/11/polit...-10/index.html
                    Bombshell of the day: Feds scrutinizing Giuliani business ties to indicted Ukrainians

Two of Rudy Giuliani's Ukraine contacts were arrested on charges of violating campaign finance laws. Now the feds are looking at Giuliani's financial dealings with the men, Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman. They introduced President Donald Trump's personal lawyer to Ukrainian officials who pushed unfounded theories about corruption involving former Vice President Joe Biden and his son Hunter, report CNN's Shimon Prokupecz and Evan Perez.

Trump, on his way to a rally in Minneapolis, told reporters
                    he had no knowledge of the situation and hadn't spoken to Giuliani about it. "I don't know them," he said. "I don't know about them, I don't know what they do. But, I don't know, maybe they were clients of Rudy. You'd have to ask Rudy. I just don't know.

Let's back it up: What happened Wednesday night? This story is wild

Parnas and Fruman were arrested at Dulles airport outside Washington late Wednesday.

They had one-way tickets to Frankfurt.

Now they're being held in Virginia.

The Soviet-born, Florida- and New York-dwelling, US citizens are accused of breaking finance law along with a Ukrainian-born American and a US-born American. A Russian investor is also involved, but wasn't indicted.

The lawyers negotiating their $1 million bail deals represented Paul Manafort, Trump's former campaign chairman, who's now in federal prison after being convicted of tax fraud.

They paraded their access to Trump. There are pictures of them with the President all over social media. Trump said today he doesn't know them.

They allegedly gave an illegal $325,000 contribution to Committee-1, which turns out to be a Trump-aligned super PAC whose staff includes Sean Spicer and other former White House officials. The super PAC, America First Action, says it hasn't spent the money and put it in a separate account.

Comment

Giuliani is as crooked as a shepherd's walking stick:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/11/polit...ent/index.html

Rudy Giuliani is supposed to be extricating Donald Trump from his career-threatening mess over Ukraine, but now his own foreign freelancing seems to have seriously undercut the President's core impeachment defense.

Corruption indictments filed Thursday against two Giuliani fixers who investigated Joe Biden do not just introduce the first criminal jeopardy into the cast of characters in the wider Ukraine intrigue. They also present a new moment of political peril for Trump, and raise new questions about the ethics and credibility of the company that he keeps.

The President was quick to distance himself from the two men, Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman, two late walk-on players in the endless scandals swirling around his presidency.

"I don't know those gentlemen. Now it's possible I have a picture with them because I have a picture with everybody," the President told reporters at the White House.
                      "I don't know them. I don't know about them. I don't know what they do but I don't know, maybe they were clients of Rudy. You'd have to ask Rudy, I just don't know."
                      A new scandal engulfing the President's outer orbit involving two men who are key to the Democratic investigation is the last thing the White House needed as polls show that public support for his impeachment and removal is growing.

Comment

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/10/polit...ted/index.html

Rudy Giuliani was planning to fly to Vienna, Austria, Thursday night, the same city where his two associates were headed to before they were arrested the night before, according to interviews he gave to The Atlantic and The Wall Street Journal.

Giuliani, President Donald Trump's personal attorney, shared his travel plans with Elaina Plott of The Atlantic the day before an indictment unsealed on Thursday revealing that two of his associates, Igor Fruman and Lev Parnas, were detained at Dulles International Airport on Wednesday evening. The men -- both central to the impeachment inquiry in the House -- were arrested and indicted on criminal charges for allegedly funneling foreign money into US elections.

Fruman and Parnas were booked on a flight to Frankfurt, Germany, to connect to another flight, according to a law enforcement source. Giuliani told The Wall Street Journal on Thursday the men were heading to Vienna and that he wasn't scheduled to meet the two until they returned to Washington -- meaning, by Giuliani's account, the three of them would've been in the same city at the same time but would not be seeing one another.

The Atlantic reported that Giuliani said he "can't comment on it at this time" about the circumstances of his planned trip after multiple attempts to contact him Thursday.
                        Giuliani had lunch with Fruman and Parnas at the Trump International Hotel in Washington hours before the two were arrested, the Journal reported. Giuliani declined to comment to CNN on the report.
                        News of Giuliani's planned travel to Vienna comes amid escalating scrutiny of the former New York City mayor after a whistleblower complaint released last month labeled him as a central figure in Trump's efforts "to solicit interference" from Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky in the upcoming 2020 election.

Comment

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/10/opini...isi/index.html

The arrest on Thursday
                          of two associates of Rudy Giuliani on campaign finance charges has people asking the obvious question: what does this mean for the Trump impeachment investigation?

The Southern District of New York's 21-page indictment offers a few clues. The defendants, Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman, along with two others,
                          are accused of a straw-donor scheme to make money and advance the political interests of at least one Ukrainian government official
                          . Sound familiar?

Most gallingly, the indictment alleges that Parnas and Furman sought help from a sitting congressman to remove or recall the US ambassador to Ukraine, Marie Yovanovitch. While neither the indictment nor the US attorney who announced it, Geoffrey Berman, mentioned President Trump or Giuliani, his personal lawyer, it's hard to resist putting two and two together.
                          Yovanovitch was reportedly removed after complaints from Giuliani and others that she was thwarting his efforts to coax the Ukrainian government to investigate former Vice President Joe Biden and his son Hunter, according to the Wall Street Journal.

We are also learning more details daily about the now-infamous July phone call between Trump and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, in which Trump asked for a "favor" in the form of an investigation into his political rival, now the basis for a whistleblower complaint.

Comment

I find timing to be quite interesting. Seems fascinating that coincidentally when Guliani has something interesting on Joe Biden, at that precise moment two associates of Guliani just happen to get arrested for the same general type of offenses that are being looked into on......

Veery Interesting.....
                            Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
                              I find timing to be quite interesting. Seems fascinating that coincidentally when Guliani has something interesting on Joe Biden, at that precise moment two associates of Guliani just happen to get arrested for the same general type of offenses that are being looked into on......

Veery Interesting.....
                              RW talking point. Another conspiracy theory.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X