Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burisma paid Joe Biden $900,000 for lobbying – Ukrainian MP

Say it ain't so, Joe...
    Former U.S. Vice President Joe Biden received $900,000 for lobbying activities from Burisma Group, Ukraine's Verkhovna Rada member Andriy Derkach said citing investigation materials.

Derkach publicized documents which, as he said, "describe the mechanism of getting money by Biden Sr." at a press conference at Interfax-Ukraine's press center in Kyiv on Wednesday.

"This was the transfer of Burisma Group's funds for lobbying activities, as investigators believe, personally to Joe Biden through a lobbying company. Funds in the amount of $900,000 were transferred to the U.S.-based company Rosemont Seneca Partners, which according to open sources, in particular, the New York Times, is affiliated with Biden. The payment reference was payment for consultative services," Derkach said.
    https://en.interfax.com.ua/news/pres...ce/617936.html

Comment

Originally posted by Skoblin View Post
      Say it ain't so, Joe...

Former U.S. Vice President Joe Biden received $900,000 for lobbying activities from Burisma Group, Ukraine's Verkhovna Rada member Andriy Derkach said citing investigation materials.

Derkach publicized documents which, as he said, "describe the mechanism of getting money by Biden Sr." at a press conference at Interfax-Ukraine's press center in Kyiv on Wednesday.

"This was the transfer of Burisma Group's funds for lobbying activities, as investigators believe, personally to Joe Biden through a lobbying company. Funds in the amount of $900,000 were transferred to the U.S.-based company Rosemont Seneca Partners, which according to open sources, in particular, the New York Times, is affiliated with Biden. The payment reference was payment for consultative services," Derkach said.

https://en.interfax.com.ua/news/pres...ce/617936.html

The Rosemont Seneca Partners is affiliated to Joe's son!

And yes, companies usually place on the board of directors people who can help the company with lobbying.
      This is perfectly legal (for Biden's son).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BHR_Partners

advisory firms Rosemont Seneca Partners, co-founded by Hunter Biden, Christopher Heinz and Devon Archer,[2] and Thornton Group LLC.[3

There is no information in the article which ties Joe to the payment. And the deliberate vague attempt to associate Joe to Rosemont Seneca partners betrays the agenda behind such attempt to (mis)inform people.

My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Originally posted by pamak View Post

And yes, companies usually place on the board of directors people who can help the company with lobbying.

advisory firms Rosemont Seneca Partners, co-founded by Hunter Biden, Christopher Heinz and Devon Archer,[2] and Thornton Group LLC.[3

There is no information in the article which ties Joe to the payment. And the deliberate vague attempt to associate Joe to Rosemont Seneca partners betrays the agenda behind such attempt to (mis)inform people.

Hunter got the money because he is the son of Joe .In fact it was Joe who got the money .Hunter is stupid but the son of Joe . If he was not the son of Joe,he would have received not even a dime .

Comment

Originally posted by ljadw View Post

Hunter got the money because he is the son of Joe .In fact it was Joe who got the money .Hunter is stupid but the son of Joe . If he was not the son of Joe,he would have received not even a dime .
          The "in fact" is unsubstantiated.

I expect more of these stories coming forward as a distraction.
          Things are veryyy simple. If anybody has serious evidence that implicates Joe, he can and SHOULD contact the FBI. Talking to low lives like Guiliani is Trump's corrupt way of supposedly investigating corruption

My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Facts :
            1 Hunter is the son of Joe
            2 Joe is vicepresident
            3 Hunter operates in Ukraine
            4 Joe operates in Ukraine
            5 Hunter,who is a loser, receives $ 900000 for lobbying for an Ukrainian firm
            6 Ukraine is more corrupt than Belgium .
            Questions :
            1 Would Hunter receive $ 900000 if he was not the son of Joe who was vicepresident
            2 Would Hunter receive money if Joe did not operate in Ukraine ?
            3 Would Hunter receive money if he did not operate in Ukraine while Joe was operating in Ukraine ?
            4 Would Hunter receive money from an Ukrainian firm if he neither his father were operating in Ukraine ?
            5 Is Hunter listed as a lobbyist for a foreign firm ?
            6 Would the Chinese cooperate with Hunter if Hunter was not the son of the vicepresident ?
            Answers
            On 1 : no
            On 2 : no
            On 3 : no
            On 4 :no
            On 5 : unknown
            On 6 : no
            Conclusions
            1 the money Hunter received was tied to the fact that A he was the son of the vicepresident and B that both operated in Ukraine.
            2 this is sufficient to start an investigation
            3 the fact that the Democrats are trying to block this investigation,indicates that Joe has something to hide .
            4 maybe Joe wants to hide that his and Hunter's activities are related and that the money Hunter received was related to the work Joe was doing ?
            Or in plain English: as Joe could not receive directly % 900000, the tric was to give Hunter $ 900000 and as Hunter was only the son of Joe, the money was for Joe .
            Last edited by ljadw; 10 Oct 19, 04:45.

Comment

Facts :
              1 Hunter is the son of Joe
              2 Joe is vicepresident
              3 Hunter operates in Ukraine
              4 Joe operates in Ukraine
              5 Hunter,who is a loser, receives $ 900000 for lobbying for an Ukrainian firm
              6 Ukraine is more corrupt than Belgium .
              Questions :
              1 Would Hunter receive $ 900000 if he was not the son of Joe who was vicepresident
              2 Would Hunter receive money if Joe did not operate in Ukraine ?
              3 Would Hunter receive money if he did not operate in Ukraine while Joe was operating in Ukraine ?
              4 Would Hunter receive money from an Ukrainian firm if he neither his father were operating in Ukraine ?
              5 Is Hunter listed as a lobbyist for a foreign firm ?
              6 Would the Chinese cooperate with Hunter if Hunter was not the son of the vicepresident ?
              Answers
              On 1 : no
              On 2 : no
              On 3 : no
              On 4 :no
              On 5 : unknown
              On 6 : no
              Conclusions
              1 the money Hunter received was tied to the fact that A he was the son of the vicepresident and B that both operated in Ukraine.
              2 this is sufficient to start an investigation
              3 the fact that the Democrats are trying to block this investigation,indicates that Joe has something to hide .
              4 maybe Joe wants to hide that his and Hunter's activities are related and that the money Hunter received was related to the work Joe was done ?
              Or in plain English: as Joe could not receive directly % 900000, the tric was to give Hunter $ 900000 and as Hunter was only the son of Joe, the money was for Joe .
              What Hunter received for compensation is perfectly legal and it is not a reason for a criminal investigation.
              Yes, board members are used for providing access to government contracts. Here is one case

https://www.businessinsider.com/ther...-mattis-2019-3

How Elizabeth Holmes convinced powerful men like Henry Kissinger, James Mattis, and George Shultz to sit on the board of now disgraced blood-testing startup Theranos

Theranos has since shut down, with Holmes and Sunny Balwani, the company's former president, facing criminal charges of wire fraud.

Mattis had no connection to biotech (Theranos' field of business). His value to the company was his connections in the military.

If one wants to go after lobbying , I am all of it. Of course, such approach requires legislation which will overhaul the current US system. If somebody wants to play political games by targeting Hunter for a perfect legal activity which is common in the US capitalist system today, he is not going to BS me that this is all about corruption. Trump and his children raise much more serious suspicions about their business. It is ridiculous to hear Trump supporters talking about corruption and their suspicions when Joe has revealed voluntary his tax returns while Trump is given a pass and when Trump have had deals in the very corrupt Russia and with shady Russian oligarchs while Joe does NOT have any business deals in Ukraine (according to your no 4 answer)

Last edited by pamak; 10 Oct 19, 05:12.

Comment

Why can Hunter help the company with lobbying?

Comment

And why did they use Hiden ? And not Pamak? Or me ? Or another US lawyer ?
                  Maybe because my father and the father of Pamak are not vicepresident ?

Comment

Why can Hunter help the company with lobbying?
                    Probably, because he is an American with political connections.
                    Nothing illegal unless you want to start criminal investigations about every member in every board of directors who basically sells his influence and connections. You should also start a criminal investigation to find the answer about why foreigners want to have deals with Trump's kids who manage Trump's wealth as long as he is president. The same should be done with all those former cabinet members who serve in the board of directors of private companies. The same should happen with all retired military officers who help private companies with military contracts.

Last edited by pamak; 10 Oct 19, 04:55.

Comment

Originally posted by Skoblin View Post
                      While he was in office?
                      "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post

While he was in office?
                        This apparently covers the years when Hunter Biden was a member of the board of the Ukrainian energy company - 2014-2019. So, yes, it overlaps when Joe was Vice-President.

Comment

Probably, because he is an American with political connections.
                          Nothing illegal unless you want to start criminal investigations about every member in every board of directors who basically sells his influence and connections. You should also start a criminal investigation to find the answer about why foreigners want to have deals with Trump's kids who manage Trump's wealth as long as he is president. The same should be done with all those former cabinet members who serve in the board of directors of private companies. The same should happen with all retired military officers who help private companies with military contracts.
                          And,accidentally, his father was vicepresident and both were operating in Ukraine ?
                          Hunter knew less than I or you about Ukraine and gas,but still received each month $ 50000 from a company that was investigated ,because it was on the losing side.
                          And, very soon, after he received his monthly allowance, the company was no longer investigated, maybe that had something to do with the presence of his father in Ukraine ,who was giving orders to the natives ?

Would he continue to receive his monthly $50000 if the company was condemned ?
                          He received his money to save the company from a big fine,and Joe intervened so that Hunter could continue to receive his $ 50000 .
                          If the company was not in troubles, they would not buy a saviour,and if Joe was not vicepresident, Hunter would not get the job .
                          Hunter got the job because the wish of his father was the wil of God .Joe directed Ukraine . Thus they hired the son of Joe .
                          And why were they not condemned ? Because Hunter intervened,and the shadow of Joe was behind Hunter .If Hunter was not there (Hunter = Joe ) ,they would be condemned .
                          When Yanukovich was president, Hunter did not receive $ 50000.
                          They also hired Prince Albert of Monaco, not because his knowledge of gas and Ukraine .

Comment

And,accidentally, his father was vicepresident and both were operating in Ukraine ?
                            Hunter knew less than I or you about Ukraine and gas,but still received each month $ 50000 from a company that was investigated ,because it was on the losing side.
                            And, very soon, after he received his monthly allowance, the company was no longer investigated, maybe that had something to do with the presence of his father in Ukraine ,who was giving orders to the natives ?

Would he continue to receive his monthly $50000 if the company was condemned ?
                            He received his money to save the company from a big fine,and Joe intervened so that Hunter could continue to receive his $ 50000 .
                            If the company was not in troubles, they would not buy a saviour,and if Joe was not vicepresident, Hunter would not get the job .
                            Hunter got the job because the wish of his father was the wil of God .Joe directed Ukraine . Thus they hired the son of Joe .
                            And why were they not condemned ? Because Hunter intervened,and the shadow of Joe was behind Hunter .If Hunter was not there (Hunter = Joe ) ,they would be condemned .
                            When Yanukovich was president, Hunter did not receive $ 50000.
                            They also hired Prince Albert of Monaco, not because his knowledge of gas and Ukraine .
                            His father did not operate in Ukraine as a businessman. And as a politician he did not do anything that contradicted the official polices of the US, IMF and other countries with respect to Ukraine. So, his contact does not raise suspicion. By contrast, TRump's deals in Russia and his bizarre behavior towards Putin is wayyy more suspicious about a financial scandal related to Trump's economic activities in Russia.

Also the Ukrainian prosecutor was considered an obstacle against fighting corruption and this was a common belief among different western governments and organizations. In fact, it was THIS reluctance of investigating corruption which eventually led to Biden's involvement in Ukraine as a carrier of a US official policy.

The rest is just speculation from your part. Again, the fact that the son of a vice president will have political connections in general is not debated. The same is true with all of Trump's children, including idiots like Trump Jr who are also wayyy more heavily involved in politics and who engage in business deals all around the world.

p.s. Hunter is also a lawyer, and any company with plans to do business in the US may seek the service of a lawyer who is familiar with the US law
                            Last edited by pamak; 10 Oct 19, 06:59.

Comment

Proof that the company planned to do business in the US ?
                              We have a company in big troubles .
                              We have a son from a vicepresident,who is too stupid to have a decent job .
                              We have a vicepresident in charge of the ''Marshall plan " for Ukraine .
                              The company hires the son for $ 600000 a year ( his father gets 235000 a year ) .
                              Miraculously the investigation of the company is stopped.
                              No need to spell it out for you : the company hired the vice president ,the son was the intermediary .
                              Hunter knew very well that he was not worth $ 600000 a year and that they bought his father .
                              Joe knew it also,and he should have stopped his work in Ukraine . But the result would be that Hunter would be fired .
                              PS : intervention (directly/indirectly ) from Joe was even not needed : his presence sufficed .
                              The presence of Joe was a silent warning : my son has now finally a very well paid job, thus : do not bother his employer, or you will lose the $1 billion credit .

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X