Graham tells Pelosi GOP won't impeach Trump over Ukraine call

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Massena View Post
    Graham and his fellow Trump-excusers need to pull their head out of their fourth point of contact. If anyone is trying to destroy the nation, it is Trump.
    You can't be serious. He's been defending himself against the Democratic Party's lies, threats, slander and constant assaults since the day he was sworn in, and you blame him?

He's not trying to overthrow America - your people are.
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
      Do you not know the difference between an impeachment and a coup?
      We do...but you seem to be the one who clearly doesn't.
      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by pamak View Post

They will vote when the House rules say so and not when Trump says so. And yes, there will be a record of their vote for posterity both in the House and in the Senate.
        The House has yet to vote on an official inquiry let alone Impeachment. From what I can gather from what I hear and read from the "news" (so little of it; too much opinion) is that the Democrats are still around eight votes short of being able to pass even a vote on the inquiry. That is the reason for the Kangaroo Court like proceedings.

I personally do not think Pelosi is desirable of impeachment. She is an old school politician, and knows what that will lead to. However she has lost control of her party, and is being pushed by events. So while Graham was speaking at Pelosi, it was Schiff and the Never-Trumper crowd that he was speaking to.

The Democrats have really painted themselves into a corner.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuebor View Post

The House has yet to vote on an official inquiry let alone Impeachment. From what I can gather from what I hear and read from the "news" (so little of it; too much opinion) is that the Democrats are still around eight votes short of being able to pass even a vote on the inquiry. That is the reason for the Kangaroo Court like proceedings.

I personally do not think Pelosi is desirable of impeachment. She is an old school politician, and knows what that will lead to. However she has lost control of her party, and is being pushed by events. So while Graham was speaking at Pelosi, it was Schiff and the Never-Trumper crowd that he was speaking to.

The Democrats have really painted themselves into a corner.
          I know that slogans like "Kangaroo court" are popular among Trump supporters, but as usual, they have nothing to do with the truth. For start, the Senate is the "court" for convicting a president. The House is more like the prosecutor. And no, the prosecutors does not make decisions about the investigation based on what the relatives of the investigated person thing.

Also, there are no kangaroos. There are lemming though, such as Nunez, who did not have a problem as chairman of the House intelligence committee and without informing his colleagues to go and report to the subject of the investigation (Trump). Nope! Nunes, and those who tolerated his behavior should have as little to d with the impeachment inquiry as it is constitutionally possible

There is no rule that requires the whole House to have a vote for an inquiry. What you heard is wrong, but it does not matter. The speaker of the House made her mind, and the inquiry is for sure official The whole House will vote for an impeachment after the end of the inquiry and after there have been specific articles of impeachment. If Pelosi decides for strictly tactical political reasons to have an earlier unnecessary vote by the whole House, I am fine with it. If she decides to not have any such vote, I am also fine with it.

Old and new school people can see where all this thing will lead to. It leads to an authoritarian president who openly abuses his power while the mob applauds him. This should be enough to anybody to try to stop it. Pelosi made a decision and even the moderate Democrats are with her. This shows that for sure she as not lost control of any party. But even if she did, I thought that you would think that this is a good thing!

The democrats are certainly the ones who have cornered Trump. Even his supporters (including in this forum) as more silent than usual. Everybody can see it. Will this be enough for the Democrats to win the election? I do to know! But impeachment and the revelations from this process certainly harms Trump's chances. If he survives it, it will just show that he has build such a loyal base that it puts a person over the constitution. In such case, Trump will win with to without any impeachment. But this is still irrelevant. If a voter has to choose between being on the side of the winners in the next election or being on the right side of history, he should go with the latter.
          My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X