This is Obstruction of Congress and that is an Impeachable Offense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is Obstruction of Congress and that is an Impeachable Offense

If the White House has nothing to hide, there is no reason not to comply with the Congressional subpoenas. Refusing to 'allow' people to testify only makes them look guilty.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartandhp

The White House all but declared war on the House impeachment inquiry on Tuesday, intervening for the first time to block the testimony of a key witness as President Trump signaled his administration would try to starve investigators of more witnesses and documents.

The decision to block Gordon D. Sondland, the United States ambassador to the European Union, from speaking with investigators for three House committees came just hours before he was to appear on Capitol Hill, provoking an immediate conflict with potentially profound consequences for the inquiry and for the president himself.

Mr. Trump, defiant as investigators dig further into his efforts to pressure Ukraine to find dirt on his political rivals, declared the inquiry illegitimate in a signal that he plans to stonewall Congress, an act that could itself build the case for charging him in an impeachment proceeding with obstruction.

A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
      If the White House has nothing to hide, there is no reason not to comply with the Congressional subpoenas. Refusing to 'allow' people to testify only makes them look guilty.
      The simple answer is that the house needs to vote on impeachment.

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post

The simple answer is that the house needs to vote on impeachment.
        The House can vote on it when they are ready to. They don't answer to the White House. And presently it is an inquiry, which means they are investigating the issue before they take a vote on impeachment. All Trump is doing is adding to the probable articles of impeachment by refusing either the congressional requests or the subpoenas. And that refusal supports the idea that Trump and the administration are hiding something.

Comment

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/08/opini...nig/index.html

Congress threw down the gauntlet Friday when it subpoenaed the White House for a broad set of documents relating to President Donald Trump's efforts to pressure Ukraine to investigate Joe Biden.
          And today the Trump administration blocked a US ambassador from testifying to Congress in the Ukraine probe. The parties now are careening towards a Supreme Court showdown that could redefine the balance of power between the legislative and executive branches of government. And the outcome could rival in historical significance the 1974 decision that led to the resignation of President Richard Nixon.

The new House subpoena calls for essentially every White House document relating to Trump's July 25 call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, during which Trump laid it on the table: "I would like you to do us a favor though..." And the subpoena requires production of some documents stored on a highly sensitive electronic system where the transcript of that July 25 call was kept "lock[ed] down."

This reportedly includes similar conversations with other foreign leaders. Watergate reporter Carl Bernstein compared these documents to the infamous White House tapes that led to Nixon's resignation.
          Do not expect the White House to comply with the subpoena. Ever since Trump announced his "we're fighting all the subpoenas" strategy, his administration has held the line and defied congressional subpoenas. If anything, expect the White House to dig in even deeper now that its own most sensitive -- and potentially damaging -- information is at stake.

Comment

If Congress had committee chairmen who were acting honestly and in the best interests of the nation, maybe the WH would. But, people like Schiff and Nadler are just looking for a crime to fit their verdict. Two parts Kafka, one part Stalin.
            I'd say the WH is perfectly correct to stonewall those bloviating blowhards acting as minions of the forces of ignorance.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

If Congress had committee chairmen who were acting honestly and in the best interests of the nation, maybe the WH would. But, people like Schiff and Nadler are just looking for a crime to fit their verdict. Two parts Kafka, one part Stalin.
              I'd say the WH is perfectly correct to stonewall those bloviating blowhards acting as minions of the forces of ignorance.
              Does not matter the congress has the right. You need to get out of Trump supporter mode and think about how this will play out in the future especially if someone who a dem breaks the law. Do you want them to be able to do exactly what Trump is doing.

and as I have said abuse of office is a high crime and Trump freely admits he did it.

Comment

The Democrats are all crooks like the Clinton's and Biden's. It's an illegitimate congress ran by the mafia boss Pelosi and California cartel of crooks.
                We hunt the hunters

Comment

Originally posted by craven View Post

Does not matter the congress has the right. You need to get out of Trump supporter mode and think about how this will play out in the future especially if someone who a dem breaks the law. Do you want them to be able to do exactly what Trump is doing.

and as I have said abuse of office is a high crime and Trump freely admits he did it.
                  Congress has some right. They can't just wholesale demand the Executive branch turn over anything and everything. Executive privilege plays a role here. The Obama administration, and every administration before that used that to deny Congress material they wanted. That's not new.
                  What's different this time is that the MSM and Congress... well at least the Democrats... are saying that Trump's a liar, covering up, whatever, is all illegal when it isn't.

And, if the White House has "all but declared war on the House..." I see that as them just returning the favor. The House did that on the Trump administration the second Democrats got control.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
                    The Democrats are all crooks like the Clinton's and Biden's. It's an illegitimate congress ran by the mafia boss Pelosi and California cartel of crooks.
                    Feel free to break the laws enacted by this Congress, and see how it is going to play out .

Meanwhile, there is no suspicion of corruption when a shoe designer who could not even get security clearance without the intervention of her dad plays the diplomat . Same with her husband. Same with Trump's hidden tax returns or the management of his business by his kids. it is Bidden's son who is suspected of corruption because he is a member of the Board of Directors of an Ukrainian Company. And his dad is also guilty by family association.
                    My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

Congress has some right. They can't just wholesale demand the Executive branch turn over anything and everything. Executive privilege plays a role here. The Obama administration, and every administration before that used that to deny Congress material they wanted. That's not new.
                      What's different this time is that the MSM and Congress... well at least the Democrats... are saying that Trump's a liar, covering up, whatever, is all illegal when it isn't.

And, if the White House has "all but declared war on the House..." I see that as them just returning the favor. The House did that on the Trump administration the second Democrats got control.
                      Actually anything in the cabinet sphere they can. more or less.

No what is different is under Obama YOU said this was wrong. Now your saying it is fine. YOUR candidate has not lived up to the standards YOU set for Obama. I find it all funny .

Comment

Originally posted by pamak View Post

Feel free to break the laws enacted by this Congress, and see how it is going to play out .

Meanwhile, there is no suspicion of corruption when a shoe designer who could not even get security clearance without the intervention of her dad plays the diplomat . Same with her husband. Same with Trump's hidden tax returns or the management of his business by his kids. it is Bidden's son who is suspected of corruption because he is a member of the Board of Directors of an Ukrainian Company. And his dad is also guilty by family association.
                        Wait you left out Someone getting a few copyrights or patents in China. Wait I think there was a few loans to someone. But those were all about hard work and had nothing to do with the guy who sitting in the White House

Comment

Originally posted by craven View Post

Wait you left out Someone getting a few copyrights or patents in China. Wait I think there was a few loans to someone. But those were all about hard work and had nothing to do with the guy who sitting in the White House
                          Yes!

The shoe designer...

I think the next AG appointed by the Democrats should investigate Ivanka and ask from the Chinese authorities to deliver everything they have while there is a trade negotiation between the US and China. Same with Kushner, Trump Jr, and Trump himself. After all, Mueller was clear that a former president can be indicted. Only then you will make conservatives start caring again about the constitution.
                          My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

And that refusal supports the idea that Trump and the administration are hiding something.
                            The only thing supported so far is that this appears to be a witch hunt based off of democrat lies.

The supposed 'whistleblower' consulted with Schiff's people before the complaint was written. Schiff said there was no contact with the person before the complaint was submitted.

Why did Schiff lie about that?

The 'whistleblower' didn't check the box about consulting with someone before submitting the complaint.

Why would the whistleblower lie about that?

Pelosi started the impeachment inquiry before the text was submitted. Later on CBS she admitted that she already knew what was in the letter before it was released, then she walked her statement back.

Why would she lie about that?

Schiff read a made up version of the conversation and read it at the opening of the impeachment inquiry. The document was already out.

Why would he read a misleading document and pass it off as the actual document?

If the dems want to impeach, follow the same traditions that have always been used;

Vote to impeach.

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post

The only thing supported so far is that this appears to be a witch hunt based off of democrat lies.

The supposed 'whistleblower' consulted with Schiff's people before the complaint was written. Schiff said there was no contact with the person before the complaint was submitted.

Why did Schiff lie about that?

The 'whistleblower' didn't check the box about consulting with someone before submitting the complaint.

Why would the whistleblower lie about that?

Pelosi started the impeachment inquiry before the text was submitted. Later on CBS she admitted that she already knew what was in the letter before it was released, then she walked her statement back.

Why would she lie about that?

Schiff read a made up version of the conversation and read it at the opening of the impeachment inquiry. The document was already out.

Why would he read a misleading document and pass it off as the actual document?

If the dems want to impeach, follow the same traditions that have always been used;

Vote to impeach.
                              One phrase from the transcript immediately after Zelensky started talking about the missiles he wanted

"I need a favor though..."

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X