Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whistleblower Number 3?

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/04/polit...int/index.html

A second intelligence official with concerns and more direct knowledge regarding President Donald Trump's dealings with Ukraine is considering filing a whistleblower complaint, The New York Times reported Friday.
    The Times' report, citing two people briefed on the matter, comes as House Democrats ratchet up their impeachment inquiry centered on Trump's July phone call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky by issuing a subpoena to the White House and a documents request to Vice President Mike Pence.

The second official is one of the people interviewed by Intelligence Community Inspector General Michael Atkinson in his efforts to confirm the initial complaint, one of the people told the Times. It is unclear whether Atkinson mentioned the second official's potential complaint in his closed-door briefing on Friday with lawmakers explaining how he corroborated the initial whistleblower's complaint, which alleged that Trump had pressured Zelensky to investigate former Vice President Joe Biden -- Trump's potential Democratic rival -- and Biden's son Hunter. There is no evidence of wrongdoing in Ukraine by Joe or Hunter Biden.

A more direct complaint could draw greater scrutiny to Trump's attacks discrediting the original complaint as composed of secondhand information. The President has said he wants to meet not only the whistleblower, "who presented SECOND & THIRD HAND INFORMATION, but also the person who illegally gave this information, which was largely incorrect, to the 'Whistleblower.' "
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
    Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
    To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Oops!.....the NYT did it again....

.......now someone is considering filing a whistle blower complaint...
    "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Hey, when can I blow a whistle? I heard from someone that told someone that Trump was going to buy the Brooklyn Bridge from the Port Authority of New York for five million dollars.
      “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

This is stupid as well as paranoid:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartandhp

President Donald Trump has ordered a substantial reduction in the staff of the National Security Council, according to five people familiar with the plans, as the White House confronts an impeachment inquiry touched off by a whistle-blower complaint related to the agency’s work.

Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
          This is stupid as well as paranoid:

President Donald Trump has ordered a substantial reduction in the staff of the National Security Council, according to five people familiar with the plans, as the White House confronts an impeachment inquiry touched off by a whistle-blower complaint related to the agency’s work.

Works for me. There's probably 3 or 4 times as many people as work as it is. A massive reduction in government bureaucrats is almost always a good thing.

Comment

I can't disagree with that opinion.

But, on the other hand, if those who made to leave are the competent ones who will 'tell truth to power' and all that's left are yes-men, which Trump prefers to competence, then there is a definite problem.

Comment

I can't disagree with that opinion.

But, on the other hand, if those who made to leave are the competent ones who will 'tell truth to power' and all that's left are yes-men, which Trump prefers to competence, then there is a definite problem.
              Given the laws governing firing / laying off of government workers, the most junior (and most likely hired by the Obama administration) are the first to go. After that, those who can retire will be targeted to do so, particularly those in ROAD status. Competence plays little role in this.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                Competence plays little role in this.
                And you know this how? Perhaps the general incompetence of the Trump administration is a guide. However, I would expect that the people targeted are national security professionals. And that is not a good idea especially with this president.

Comment

And you know this how? Perhaps the general incompetence of the Trump administration is a guide. However, I would expect that the people targeted are national security professionals. And that is not a good idea especially with this president.
                  Because that's the federal hiring regulations. Unless someone has been getting less than doing their job level reviews from their supervisor, you got nothing to go on there. RIF regulations are you start with the most junior people and work up. You also usually offer "early outs" in the form of early retirement. That's how it's done. Trump really can't change that.

Comment

Because that's the federal hiring regulations. Unless someone has been getting less than doing their job level reviews from their supervisor, you got nothing to go on there. RIF regulations are you start with the most junior people and work up. You also usually offer "early outs" in the form of early retirement. That's how it's done. Trump really can't change that.
                    This isn't a RIF. This is paranoia by the president over leaks. I know the federal hiring regulations as I have had civil servants work for me before. This isn't it.

Comment

This isn't a RIF. This is paranoia by the president over leaks. I know the federal hiring regulations as I have had civil servants work for me before. This isn't it.
                      I don't care what his motives are. If he's doing it because he wants to retaliate and eliminate future possible whistle-blowers in that agency, so be it. All he has to do is follow the layoff / RIF rules doing it and that's that.
                      You can hand wring all you want about his motives. I doubt that that, or any other, agency doesn't have a considerable amount of fat to trim so I really don't care that he's cutting jobs in government. A micro "drain the swamp" is okay by me.

Comment

I don't care what his motives are.
                        That statement neatly sums up the Trumpers 'evaluation' of Trump. Trumpers don't care what he does or how he does it or, more importantly, if it hurts the country.

Comment

That statement neatly sums up the Trumpers 'evaluation' of Trump. Trumpers don't care what he does or how he does it or, more importantly, if it hurts the country.
                          That was in relationship to this specific case, not some general statement about my position on everything Trump does.

Comment

I am personally waiting for Whistleblower # 15. he'll be the charm.
                            Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Mark Zaid, the attorney representing the whistleblower who sounded the alarm on President Donald Trump's dealings with Ukraine and triggered an impeachment inquiry, tells ABC News that he is now representing a second whistleblower who has spoken with the inspector general.

Zaid tells ABC News' Chief Anchor George Stephanopoulos that the second person -- also described as an intelligence official -- has first-hand knowledge of some of the allegations outlined in the original complaint and has been interviewed by the head of the intelligence community's internal watchdog office, Michael Atkinson.

The existence of a second whistleblower -- particularly one who can speak directly about events involving the president related to conversations involving Ukraine -- could undercut Trump's repeated insistence that the original complaint, released on Sept. 26, was "totally inaccurate."

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X