This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marktwain View Post

That has NOTHING to do with the topic, MM...calm down.
    Jump to search

An abandoned house in the Delray neighborhood of Detroit

The city of Detroit, in the U.S. state of Michigan, has gone through a major economic and demographic decline in recent decades. The population of the city has fallen from a high of 1,850,000 in 1950 to 680,000 in 2015, kicking it off the top 20 of US cities by population for the first time since 1850.[1] However, the city has a combined statistical area of 5,318,744 people, which currently ranks 12th in the United States. Local crime rates are among the highest in the United States (despite this, the overall crime rate in the city has seen a decline during the 21st century[2]), and vast areas of the city are in a state of severe urban decay. In 2013, Detroit filed the largest municipal bankruptcy case in U.S. history, which it successfully exited on December 10, 2014. Poverty, crime, shootings, drugs and urban blight in Detroit are ongoing problems.
    As of 2017 median household income is rising,[3] criminal activity is decreasing by 5% annually as of 2017,[4] and the city's blight removal project is making progress in ridding the city of all abandoned homes that cannot be rehabilitated.

Cut them some slack.
    Being from Michigan and having had my state tax dollars go into the back pockets of city officials (because of the "Robin Hood Laws") you must be very careful about cutting them some slack.

BTW, Del Ray has been virtually wiped off the map with all the bulldozing. Now there is little left but large empty fields where the "trees" are signs of what were once streets. This all to build your (i.e. Canadian) bridge. Not sure if it has been officially renamed back to its original name of Spring Wells. Del Ray is in Tlaib's district.

Comment

Originally posted by pamak View Post

And I told you that this applies to ONE TYPE of group preference and that there is another type of group preference based on racism which is NOT biologically hardwired. So a racist British will avoid a black British even if they share the same culture, and he will prefer to be in the company of a white Polish even though that group has a different culture. And sorry, a white British is not biologically hardwired to enjoy the company of a white Pole.
      This post of yours clearly demonstrates how you twist things around to the point of getting completely lost.

You just brought up a group preference that is biologically hardwired, namely that an Englishman (and the English are white, Anglo-Saxons) would prefer to hang out with a Pole (Slavic, Slavs are white), both are members of the same race, albeit of different ethnicities and cultural backgrounds.

This has nothing to do with a belief of racial superiority.

Addendum
      British is a misnomer, it doesn't reveal whether the person is English, Scottish, Welsh, or Northern Irish. It's like saying European...ok.... so are you referring to Danes? Germans? Italians? Poles? Hungarians? Spaniards? etc
      Last edited by walle; 03 Oct 19, 19:48.

Comment

Originally posted by walle View Post

This post of yours clearly demonstrates how you twist things around to the point of getting completely lost.

You just brought up a group preference that is biologically hardwired, namely that an Englishman (and the English are white, Anglo-Saxons) would prefer to hang out with a Pole (Slavic, Slavs are white), both are members of the same race, albeit of different ethnicities.

This has nothing to do with a belief of racial superiority.

Addendum
        British is a misnomer, it doesn't reveal whether the person is English, Scottish, Welsh, or Northern Irish. It's like saying European...ok.... so are you referring to Danes? Germans? Italians? Poles? Hungarians? Spaniards? etc
        There is no biological hardwiring to prefer to be together with a person just because he is white and avoid the company of another person just because he is black. Racists believe such thing, but does not make it a fact. An English can be black too!

And yes, if a white English tells me that he is "biologically hardwired" to prefer to be with a white Pole than a black English, it is all about racism.

Last edited by pamak; 03 Oct 19, 19:58.

Comment

There is no biological hardwiring to prefer to be together with a person just because he is black and avoid the company of another person just because he is white. Racists believe such thing, but does not make it a fact. An English can be black too!
          See what I did there? You can insert any race.

It is a group preference that is biologically hardwired, yes. Now if you wanna call that racism, i.e based on a belief of racial superiority, because it makes you feel better. You are free to do thus.

You are however wrong.

An English can be black too!
          No he can't, the English are a white ethnic group, the Anglo-Saxons. You are now confusing ethnicity with citizenship, two distinctively different things.

However he can be British. So can a Pole, and a Scotsman, and a Welshman, and an Irishman. They can all hold British citizenship.

I suppose the next step for you would be to not recognize the English ethnicity, since according to you anyone can be English.

I could move to say Japan, and get a Japanese citizenship, but that would NOT make me Japanese.

Comment

See what I did there? You can insert any race.

It is a group preference that is biologically hardwired, yes. Now if you wanna call that racism, i.e based on a belief of racial superiority, because it makes you feel better. You are free to do thus.

You are however wrong.
            Your quote below proves me right

No he can't, the English are a white ethnic group, the Anglo-Saxons. You are now confusing ethnicity with citizenship, two distinctively different things.

However he can be British. So can a Pole, and a Scotsman, and a Welshman, and an Irishman. They can all hold British citizenship.
            Ohh yes, he can be English!

You are free to check how many black athletes represent ENGLAND in international sports!

Comment

Your quote below proves me right
              My posts all prove you wrong

You are free to see how many black athletes represent ENGLAND in international sports!
              That doesn't make them English thou, I have clearly explained why that is.

I suppose the next step for you would be to not recognize the English ethnicity, since according to you anyone can be English i.e Anglo-Saxon.

Well, following your logic then, anyone could then also be black, and or member of any other race and or ethnicity within it, if they made the choice to identify as such.
              Last edited by walle; 03 Oct 19, 20:12.

Comment

My posts all prove you wrong

That doesn't make them English, I have explained too you why that is.
                For racist sure!

For non-racists, it makes them English!

I suppose the next step for you would be to not recognize the English ethnicity, since according to you anyone can be English. If so anyone can also be black, and or member of any other race and or ethnicity that they chose to identify as.
                I state the simple fact that it is common experiences that can create a group preference and not the color of the skin. And yes, anybody can be an English if he shares common experiences with other English.

Comment

Thread closed.
                  Yet again certain members seem unable to debate without making it personal.
                  Address the post and not the poster. Simple.
                  Tit for tat sniping is not how this forum runs.
                  Be Better.
                  Thank you
                  ACG Staff

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X