This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tlaib Wants Only Black Facial Recognition Analysts In Detroit

Detroit Police Chief James Craig said Thursday that it was appalling for Rep. Rashida Tlaib, D-Mich., to suggest that only black people should be hired as facial recognition analysts.

Tlaib's suggestion came Monday during a tour of the Detroit Police Department's Real Time Crime Center, where the department uses facial recognition technology to locate suspects. Craig was showing Tlaib how the software works, and how analysts use it to identify and locate individuals. The department had extended the invitation to Tlaib after she tweeted them, calling facial recognition technology "bulls---."

"Analysts need to be African-Americans, not people that are not," Tlaib said. "It's true, I think non-African-Americans think African-Americans all look the same!"
    https://www.foxnews.com/media/detroi...s-to-rep-tlaib
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Does Tlaib realize this would eliminate her from applying for a job there? Maybe she is saying that only Black People do crime in Detroit? Someone needs to tell her about White Boy Rick?

Pruitt
    Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
      Does Tlaib realize this would eliminate her from applying for a job there? Maybe she is saying that only Black People do crime in Detroit? Someone needs to tell her about White Boy Rick?

Pruitt
      She's far more racist and radical than that. She and AOC are prime advocates of making non-Muslim white males a servant class submissive to sharia law.

It gets harder and harder to understand how people who oppose the American laws and government can retain office.

Comment

That doesn't even make sense! And when something doesn't make sense it's probably not true! Using Fox as a source is the first red flag. I'll report back after investigating.

Comment

Originally posted by inevtiab1e View Post
          That doesn't even make sense! And when something doesn't make sense it's probably not true! Using Fox as a source is the first red flag. I'll report back after investigating.
          In that case, nothing that you post is ever true, since your comments never make any sense. Like your statement that "you'll investigate", which means you'll look for a Democratic source. Really want to investigate? Call the Detroit Chief of Police yourself, because that is who you are calling a liar, not Fox.

You're nothing if not totally predictable.

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post

Pruitt
            She would never exclude herself from anything, since she believes herself superior to all non-Muslims.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

In that case, nothing that you post is ever true, since your comments never make any sense. Like your statement that "you'll investigate", which means you'll look for a Democratic source.
              I use all sources and I just finished watching the video of the encounter.
              if you really want to investigate? Call the Detroit Chief of Police yourself, because that is who you are calling a liar, not Fox.
              I didn't claim that. I said something doesn't make sense here and as expected, Fox left out context. Now you have conservatives running all over the place thinking Tlaib said something racist.
              Nothing she said was racist. In their discussion, she knew that African-Americans had a 60% chance of being falsely identified with the computer system. Only AA's had that problem with the computer. She pointed out that many people that aren't black do have issues sometime identifying 2 different people.
              She used the example of the 2 black congressman that people continually mix up by their faces. (bald, etc).
              She pointed out that AA's don't have the difficulty of other races pointing out different faces in their population.
              Sounds like she was being a bit harsh and anxious the entire video, but the intentions were right.
              She was trying to improve the 60% misindentification rate of AA's.

Comment

Nothing she said was racist. In their discussion, she knew that African-Americans had a 60% chance of being falsely identified with the computer system. Only AA's had that problem with the computer. She pointed out that many people that aren't black do have issues sometime identifying 2 different people.
                She used the example of the 2 black congressman that people continually mix up by their faces. (bald, etc).
                She pointed out that AA's don't have the difficulty of other races pointing out different faces in their population.
                Sounds like she was being a bit harsh and anxious the entire video, but the intentions were right.
                I am one of these cases of people who struggle to recognize people of a particular race. Only in my case, the problem is with Asians. It does not mean that I have a problem with every Asian. But I have caught myself many times in an awkward moment because I am not sure if the guy I see in the market is my neighbor or not.

Once, I read about it to see why it is happening. I recall an answer based on biological explanation based on the fact that life experience and contact with other races do not help the brain develop the recognition capability for people of those races. Of course, there is a also a correlation between racism and this lack of recognition since racists are more likely to avoid contact with people of other races.
                My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

In that case, nothing that you post is ever true, since your comments never make any sense. Like your statement that "you'll investigate", which means you'll look for a Democratic source. Really want to investigate? Call the Detroit Chief of Police yourself, because that is who you are calling a liar, not Fox.

Woaw. everybody.
                  Face recognition is even worse when you re talking to crows....
                  The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

She is also having to walk the fine line. the crime rate is higher among Blacks in Detroit. Can she say that? NO.

DO THE Detroit POLICE WANT TO HAVE CLEAR IDENTIFICATION OF SUSPECTS? OF COURSE. THIS ISN'T THE DETROIT FORCE OF 1967.

GEEZ, PEOPLE ,I've E ONLY SEEN The CITY from ONTARIO, and it is still trying to struggle upwards. Cut some slack.

Comment

She would never exclude herself from anything, since she believes herself superior to all non-Muslims.
                      That has NOTHING to do with the topic, MM...calm down.
                      Jump to search

An abandoned house in the Delray neighborhood of Detroit

The city of Detroit, in the U.S. state of Michigan, has gone through a major economic and demographic decline in recent decades. The population of the city has fallen from a high of 1,850,000 in 1950 to 680,000 in 2015, kicking it off the top 20 of US cities by population for the first time since 1850.[1] However, the city has a combined statistical area of 5,318,744 people, which currently ranks 12th in the United States. Local crime rates are among the highest in the United States (despite this, the overall crime rate in the city has seen a decline during the 21st century[2]), and vast areas of the city are in a state of severe urban decay. In 2013, Detroit filed the largest municipal bankruptcy case in U.S. history, which it successfully exited on December 10, 2014. Poverty, crime, shootings, drugs and urban blight in Detroit are ongoing problems.
                      As of 2017 median household income is rising,[3] criminal activity is decreasing by 5% annually as of 2017,[4] and the city's blight removal project is making progress in ridding the city of all abandoned homes that cannot be rehabilitated.

Cut them some slack.

Last edited by marktwain; 03 Oct 19, 17:11.

Comment

She's far more racist and radical than that. She and AOC are prime advocates of making non-Muslim white males a servant class submissive to sharia law.

It gets harder and harder to understand how people who oppose the American laws and government can retain office.
                        |Well, MM , perhaps you should fund a 'go fund me' for the City of Detroit for systems upgrades...

I'M NOT AMERICAN=and I still have a lot of sympathy for the people that run the place .

Comment

The Detroit News reporter followed up Tlaib's assertion that only black people should be hired to use the software, asking: "Are you saying white people are not qualified to--?"

And Tlaib cut him off: "No, I think there's actually been studies out that it's hard for, you know, like African-Americans would identify African-Americans, similar, Latino same thing."
                          FoX newwws …...

Her statement was ambiguous, not racist....

GEEEZUZ....

Comment

US government tests find even top-performing facial recognition systems misidentify blacks at rates 5 to 10 times higher than they do whites.

Comment

I am not a programmer, but my intuition is that this may be related to some extend to the fact that in a black face there is less contrast which ca be used to identify things like the shape of eye-brows, a beard, lips, etc.
                              Last edited by pamak; 03 Oct 19, 18:50.
                              My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X