Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It Appears That 'The Stable Genius' is Losing It...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It Appears That 'The Stable Genius' is Losing It...

It appears that Trump cannot handle the pressure and his obnoxious behavior during the news conference with the President of Finland is indicative of his erratic behavior...

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/03/polit...iry/index.html
    President Donald Trump is hardly acting like a very stable genius.
    Instead, his unleashed fury, fact-bending rants and persecution complex are conjuring an image of someone seeing his presidency slipping through his hands. While current political conditions seem unlikely to lead to his ouster from office, Trump appears increasingly powerless to save himself from the historical scar of impeachment.

He has crushed just about every norm since descending his golden escalator to launch his 2016 presidential campaign. Now he's reinventing how presidents deal with an existential scandal. And it seems to be leading him deeper into the darkness.

Part of Trump's frustration may stem from the unusual nature of his current plight. Since taking office, Trump has kept Washington hopping, with his adversaries never knowing what wild gyration will rock the capital next. But in the week since House Speaker Nancy Pelosi formally initiated impeachment hearings, the President has seemed out of sorts. It is the Democrats who are doing all the running, and Trump can't catch up.
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
    Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
    To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Hasn’t this been said about him ever since he was elected? Yawn.

Comment

Trump's continued misinformation:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/02/polit...ipt/index.html

In a July 25 phone call between President Donald Trump and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, Trump asked his counterpart to look into debunked allegations of corruption by Joe Biden and his son, Hunter.

This is a fact. The Truth. How do we know? Because the White House released a rough transcript of the conversation last week in which Trump said this:

"There's a lot of talk about Biden's son, that Biden stopped the prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that so whatever you can do with the Attorney General would be great. Biden went around bragging that he stopped the prosecution so if you can look into it... It sounds horrible to me."

See, it's right there. In the transcript the White House released itself.

All of which makes this next fact absolutely mystifying and terrifying: In a new national Monmouth University poll just four in 10 self-identified Republicans believe that Trump mentioned Biden in his call with Zelensky.
      Are. You. Kidding. Me.
      It is right there in the transcript that the WHITE HOUSE released of the call!

Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts

Comment

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/02/opini...uri/index.html

Editor's note: Elizabeth A. Cobbs is the Melbern Glasscock Chair in American history at Texas A&M University and a senior fellow at Stanford University's Hoover Institution. Kyle Longley is the Snell Family Dean's distinguished professor of history and political science at Arizona State University. Kenneth Osgood is a professor of History at the Colorado School of Mines. Jeremi Suri holds the Mack Brown Distinguished Chair for Leadership in Global Affairs at the University of Texas at Austin. The views expressed here are theirs. Read more opinion on CNN.
        We are historians who have researched every president since George Washington, and we've never seen anything like this.

When Donald Trump got on the phone with the president of Ukraine, he had a "favor" to ask. It's not the first time he's reached out to a world leader for personal gain and he has made it clear he sees nothing at all wrong with it.

In fact, several transcripts of similar conversations have reached the public domain, including others from 2017 and some to which the White House sought to limit access. They reveal a striking pattern of a president who consistently uses the Oval Office to advance his explicit self-interest seemingly without regard to national interest.
        It is rare to get such a real-time look at presidential conversations with foreign leaders. As historians of US foreign relations, collectively we have read many thousands of similar documents from past presidents. We have also listened to audio tapes of conversations between presidents and their international counterparts. In our numerous books on presidents from George Washington to Barack Obama, we have examined how American leaders conduct US foreign policy — the good, bad, and ugly. Nothing really surprises us anymore.

Until now.

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
          debunked allegations of corruption by Joe Biden and his son, Hunter.
          When was this "debunked"?

"I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Trump calls whistleblower complaint "inaccurate" and his call to the Ukrainian President "perfect", both say the same thing. Very entertaining, at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post

When was this "debunked"?
              I guess when you get a prosecutor fired and the prosecutor of your choice says that there's nothing there, then it's debunked. Man......wish I had that sort of power.
              Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

The judiciary branch of the US government might look into that. The executive branch absolutely should not.

But right now it's been the executive doing all that, while claiming the judiciary is not acting because... conspiracy!

Somehow, on some level, even Trump's supporters should recognize that this is problematic?

Comment

Somehow, on some level, even Trump supporters should recognize that his mental state is problematic.

Comment

Trump supporters seemed to have gone quiet all of a sudden, could it be that Trump asking China to investigate Biden in front of TV cameras has taken them back a bit?

Comment

Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post

I guess when you get a prosecutor fired and the prosecutor of your choice says that there's nothing there, then it's debunked. Man......wish I had that sort of power.
                      Notice how the left is quiet about this fact..........
                      "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post

Notice how the left is quiet about this fact..........
                        Follow that particular bunny and you should arrive at the conclusion that it was the EU what did it!

Comment

I like how Trump fights back with the fake news and evil Democrats. He is doing a great job in spite of them. No other Republican candidate would have been able to withstand the onslaught he's endured the last 3 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikki View Post
                            I like how Trump fights back with the fake news and evil Democrats. He is doing a great job in spite of them. No other Republican candidate would have been able to withstand the onslaught he's endured the last 3 years.
                            No other Republcan candidate would have gotten themselves in the continuous mess through his own misconduct that Trump has.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikki View Post
                              That's what shamelessness will do for you.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X