Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Massena View Post

What are the correct figures then?

And they most certainly are relevant? What do you think caused Nixon to resign in 1974? It was public support for impeachment and the Republicans in Congress turning on him when it became obvious that he broke the law and with it his presidential oath.
    The figures you have given are not correct : 47 % of an unknown figure of people that participated on a poll executed at the order of and paid by the enemies of Trump,is not 47 % of the American people .
    Besides, the company who did the poll for CNN was wrong in 2016, thus there is no reason to believe that the company is not wrong today .
    The 34 GOP senators who will block impeachment will not be impressed by a poll done at the order of CNN by people who were wrong in 2016 .

Comment

Originally posted by ljadw View Post

The figures you have given are not correct : 47 % of an unknown figure of people that participated on a poll executed at the order of and paid by the enemies of Trump,is not 47 % of the American people .
      I am constantly amazed by the number of people who actually think that the figures and percentages quoted by these random "polls" actually constitute some sort of relevant data.
      ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
      IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Relevant or not, depending on one's point of view, there is a new poll out on impeachment:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/04/polit...ing/index.html

The poll numbers are in on impeachment, and it's not good news for President Donald Trump. A clear plurality of Americans approve of the House's impeachment inquiry into Trump, and they are split on whether they want to impeach and remove him from office.

Americans are more eager to impeach Trump now than they were at similar points in the impeachment sagas of Bill Clinton and Richard Nixon.

Impeachment actions usually start off as being unpopular with the American public. After the House voted to start an impeachment inquiry of Clinton in October 1998, a CBS News/New York Times poll found that 45% approved and 53% disapproved.

But with Trump, those numbers are reversed. In an average of polls taken since House Speaker Nancy Pelosi announced a formal inquiry last week, 51% support an impeachment inquiry. A minority, 44%, are against it.
        We are not now that strength which in old days
        Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
        Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
        To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/06/media...ent/index.html

A former Trump Organization executive says she thinks President Donald Trump may resign rather than face possible removal from office by impeachment.

"He does a lot of things to save face," Barbara Res, a former Trump Organization vice president, told CNN's Brian Stelter on Reliable Sources Sunday.

"It would be very, very, very bad for him to be impeached," Res said. "I don't know that he'll be found guilty but I don't know that he wants to be impeached. I think that's what this panic is about. And my gut [instinct] is that he'll leave office, he'll resign. Or make some kind of a deal, even, depending on what comes out."

Res said she was hesitant to share her opinion, because "I could very well be wrong."
          We are not now that strength which in old days
          Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
          Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
          To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
            https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/06/media...ent/index.html

A former Trump Organization executive says she thinks President Donald Trump may resign rather than face possible removal from office by impeachment.

"He does a lot of things to save face," Barbara Res, a former Trump Organization vice president, told CNN's Brian Stelter on Reliable Sources Sunday.

"It would be very, very, very bad for him to be impeached," Res said. "I don't know that he'll be found guilty but I don't know that he wants to be impeached. I think that's what this panic is about. And my gut [instinct] is that he'll leave office, he'll resign. Or make some kind of a deal, even, depending on what comes out."

Res said she was hesitant to share her opinion, because "I could very well be wrong."
            Says a woman who pretty much hates Trump, if her past articles and books (which you can look up) are any indication. She's been hating on Trump for over a decade. So, CNN (Crap News Nonsense that it is), found someone who used to work for Trump and really despises the guy to say she thinks he'll resign...

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

I seriously doubt it. First, Trump really hasn't done anything worth impeaching him for. Sure, he's a troll and a provocateur, but he really hasn't done any "high crimes or misdemeanors." Mostly what he's done is pi$$ the Left off. That's enough for them to impeach him, but it's also enough to ensure they get slammed in election after election for a decade afterwards at least-- something they won't grasp as it happens.

The second issue is, impeaching Trump over a triviality opens the door to the Republicans returning the favor in the future. That is an absolute certainty. Of course, again, the Left isn't looking past the next election so they'll wonder how and why it happened if and when it does.
              Liberals are some of the most self righteous and disrespectful people in the country. If you don't share in their views you must be censored, insulted and in this case even expelled from office.

I think they're too full of their selves to realize what they're doing is actually wrong. I honestly just don't think they see it.
              "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
              - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose50 View Post

I am constantly amazed by the number of people who actually think that the figures and percentages quoted by these random "polls" actually constitute some sort of relevant data.

Hey, they predicted President Hillary's election exactly right.
                Oh wait.
                Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post

Liberals are some of the most self righteous and disrespectful people in the country. If you don't share in their views you must be censored, insulted and in this case even expelled from office.

I think they're too full of their selves to realize what they're doing is actually wrong. I honestly just don't think they see it.
                  Is this account hacked? Given past posts this is something i would not expect
                  "Religion can never reform mankind because religion is slavery"
                  Robert G. Ingersoll 1833-1899

Comment

Originally posted by Johan Banér View Post
                    He was acquitted.

And at the root of the matter still for something other countries might consider poor taste, but little more.

At Mitterand's state funeral the casket was followed by the wife, the mistress, and the "natural daughter".

Understandably, there is some confusion about what happened.
                    Clinton was "impeached", but not removed from office. The Senate didn't go along with it.

He was held in contempt of court :

A Federal judge held President Clinton in contempt of court today, saying he had willfully provided false testimony under oath about his relationship with Monica S. Lewinsky in the sexual misconduct lawsuit filed by Paula Corbin Jones.

In a scathing 32-page ruling, Judge Susan Webber Wright said Mr. Clinton testified falsely in a Jan. 17, 1998, deposition that he had not had sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky.

https://www.nytimes.com/1999/04/13/u...s-lawsuit.html

The impeachment was not for having sex with Monica or harrassing Paula, it was for lying under oath about it.
                    Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

It's me. You have to adjust your opinions when presented with new information and that's what I've done. I've grown sick of liberals questioning my "blackness" or level of "wokeness" because I support a tough approach on gang violence. Tired of them telling me what I can't accomplish without more of their handouts. Screw em.

As it relates to Trump, it's very obvious they wanted him out from the start. So I have to call it how I see it.
                      "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                      - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post

I think on the whole it's a matter of competence. Those on the extremes of Right and Left being the least competent. As we move in towards the center it's far, far easier to be incompetent on the Left than Right. On the Right you have a fair degree of independence and an expectation of self-reliance in your life choices. There's a current that runs saying It's on you to do what needs doing and if you fail it's on you and nobody else.
                        On the Left, the reliance on groupthink, government, a heavy handed social-welfare state, brings with it mental laziness. You don't have to be self-reliant or competent. You can let someone else do it for you as you live your life with as little difficulty and as much simple pleasure as you can. It's almost as if you can stay in a child-like state your whole life, no competence required.

That's why the Left throws tantrums when they don't get their way. Or, why they can trot out insane, economically infeasible ideas one after another like the New Green Deal. It's why they can accept the "wisdom" of a 16 year-old like Greta Thunberg.
                        I would say it's why the Left prefers a dense urban lifestyle. Apartment / condo living means somebody else makes sure the lights stay on, the A/C works, the water comes out of the faucet. You have your friends and can go clubbing, or out to dinner (preferred as making your own is hard work), and not have a care in the world. Your dream job is one that pays well and doesn't require any sort of measurable output where you can go and socialize as much as 'work.' Retirement? That's for old people. Besides, the government will pay for that in any case...

On the Right you get an ownership society where you own your house, car, etc., and often have to fix these yourself. You work hard and achieve measurable results that give you money to pay your bills and maybe save for retirement. Going out to eat or for entertainment is an occasional treat, not a lifestyle. If you don't get your way, well life happens. Get over it, deal with it, and move on.

The two are completely foreign to one and other. But, the difference is those on the Right (not the crazy far Right) then to get the Left but disagree stoutly with their life choices. Those on the Left don't care or bother to understand the Right seeing them as "different" in ways they largely don't grasp.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X