Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temper, Temper...

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/30/polit...ion/index.html

Lawyers for a whistleblower who accused Donald Trump of pressuring Ukraine to intervene in the 2020 election warn that the President's threats pose a grave risk to their client's safety.
    Trump meanwhile escalated his attacks on the whistleblower -- demanding to meet his "accuser" face to face during a day of rage-filled tweets about the Democratic attempt to impeach him.The President's anger spilled over during a day of rage-filled tweets Sunday in which he selectively quoted a supporter who said he was afraid of a "Civil War-like fracture" in the country if Trump is forced from office.

The extraordinary spectacle of the President -- the titular head of the US legal system -- threatening a potential witness in a case against him risks being seen as an attempt to obstruct the investigation. It also cuts against the principle that whistleblowers deserve anonymity and protection, representing another dark twist in an administration that has constantly tested the boundaries of political propriety.
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
    Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
    To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

CNN should read the Constitution instead of posting this type of garbage.
    "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Please state where the Constitution should be referenced here? And if you can find it, please state where it is in the document.
      Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts

Comment

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/29/polit...oll/index.html
        A majority of Americans say they think Congress opening an impeachment inquiry into President Donald Trump is necessary, according to a CBS News poll released Sunday.
        The poll, conducted by YouGov, shows 55% of Americans think the newly-opened probe necessary, while 45% of Americans think it unnecessary.

On Tuesday, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi announced a formal impeachment inquiry into the President after a transcript of a July call with Ukranian President Volodymyr Zelensky revealed he pushed Zelensky to investigate former Vice President Joe Biden -- his potential 2020 political rival -- and his son, Hunter. There has been no evidence of wrongdoing by either Joe or Hunter Biden.

A separate whistleblower complaint also alleges Trump abused his official powers "to solicit interference" from Ukraine in the upcoming 2020 election, and that the White House took steps to cover it up. Trump has denied doing anything improper.

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
          Please state where the Constitution should be referenced here? And if you can find it, please state where it is in the document.
          6th Amendment.....
          "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/29/polit...oll/index.html
            A majority of Americans say they think Congress opening an impeachment inquiry into President Donald Trump is necessary, according to a CBS News poll released Sunday.
            The poll, conducted by YouGov, shows 55% of Americans think the newly-opened probe necessary, while 45% of Americans think it unnecessary.
            Great, now you are using CNN's use of CBS, the network that was called out by the whistleblower's lawyers for lying.

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post

6th Amendment.....
              Impeachment is not a criminal trial. The 6th Amendment covers criminal trials. Impeachment is a political act intended to remove a public official from office.

Nice try.

Comment

Impeachment is not a criminal trial. The 6th Amendment covers criminal trials. Impeachment is a political act intended to remove a public official from office.

Nice try.
                Are you claiming that Trump has not done a 'criminal act'?

If he hasn't broken a law, why is the left Trying to impeach him?

Comment

Are you claiming that Trump has not done a 'criminal act'?

If he hasn't broken a law, why is the left Trying to impeach him?
                  Impeachment is covered in Article I, Section 3. And it isn't a criminal trial, it is a political one.

Perhaps you should take a quick course in the US Constitution, or at least read it more than once, if you have even read it at all. The Federalist Papers are also enlightening and I highly recommend them.

Comment

Impeachment is covered in Article I, Section 3. And it isn't a criminal trial, it is a political one.

Perhaps you should take a quick course in the US Constitution, or at least read it more than once, if you have even read it at all. The Federalist Papers are also enlightening and I highly recommend them.
                    Did he break a law?

I have read the Constitution and the Federalist Papers multiple times throughout my life. No need for you to imply that I haven't.

Comment

There is evidence enough that he might have which is why there is an impeachment inquiry presently.

Comment

There is evidence enough that he might have which is why there is an impeachment inquiry presently.
                        That he "might have" what?

Comment

Did he break a law?
                          Mueller made it quite clear that he was instructed by AG Barr that a sitting president can't be indicted so therefore cant be charged.

Comment

Originally posted by Canuckster View Post

Mueller made it quite clear that he was instructed by AG Barr that a sitting president can't be indicted so therefore cant be charged.
                            That didn't answer the question.

Again what law did he break?

Comment

Originally posted by Canuckster View Post

Since you brought up this misdirection; when did AG Barr instruct Mueller that a sitting president can't be indicted?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X