Trump and Iran...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump and Iran...

Trump is clearly demonstrating his ignorance of both foreign affairs and military matters stating glibly that 'going into Iran would be an 'easy decision.'' This is akin to Thomas Jefferson's remarks on taking Canada from the British in 1812 would be 'a mere matter of marching.' Both presidents clearly demonstrated their ignorance of warfare and interestingly, both were cowards-Trump dodging military service during the Vietnam War and Jefferson fleeing the British invasion of Virginia in 1780 as wartime governor of Virginia and then resigning his post leaving Virginia leaderless during the fighting.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...cid=spartandhp

President Trump said going into Iran would be a "very easy" decision, but he's showing restraint. Mr. Trump made the comments during a news conference alongside Australian prime minister Scott Morrison Friday, after announcing new sanctions leveled against Iran.

"We are by far the strongest military in the world," Mr. Trump said. "Going into Iran would be a very easy decision, as I've said before — would be very easy, the easiest thing. Most people thought I would go in within two seconds but plenty of time, plenty of time," the president said. "In the meantime, they have a lot of problems within Iran. Iran could be a great country, could be a rich country. But they are choosing to go a different way. There'll be a point at which they'll be very sorry for that choice. But I think I'm showing great restraint."

It would be a long insurgency as they’ve got 50000 suicide bombers already prepared.
    Americans will become uninterested after awhile and it’ll end like South Vietnam and Iraq did.
    Just bomb their nuclear weapons facilities but don’t stay.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
        Trump is clearly demonstrating his ignorance of both foreign affairs and military matters stating glibly that 'going into Iran would be an 'easy decision.'' This is akin to Thomas Jefferson's remarks on taking Canada from the British in 1812 would be 'a mere matter of marching.' Both presidents clearly demonstrated their ignorance of warfare and interestingly, both were cowards-Trump dodging military service during the Vietnam War and Jefferson fleeing the British invasion of Virginia in 1780 as wartime governor of Virginia and then resigning his post leaving Virginia leaderless during the fighting.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...cid=spartandhp

President Trump said going into Iran would be a "very easy" decision, but he's showing restraint. Mr. Trump made the comments during a news conference alongside Australian prime minister Scott Morrison Friday, after announcing new sanctions leveled against Iran.

"We are by far the strongest military in the world," Mr. Trump said. "Going into Iran would be a very easy decision, as I've said before — would be very easy, the easiest thing. Most people thought I would go in within two seconds but plenty of time, plenty of time," the president said. "In the meantime, they have a lot of problems within Iran. Iran could be a great country, could be a rich country. But they are choosing to go a different way. There'll be a point at which they'll be very sorry for that choice. But I think I'm showing great restraint."

Do try to get some facts correct. He said that it would be an easy decision he did not say that it would be an easy campaign.
        Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

The question is: does Trump know the difference? Based on his lack of experience and some of the nonsense that he talks about, he doesn't.

Comment

And now we have this:

https://edition.cnn.com/videos/polit...ot-tsr-vpx.cnn

Comment

The question is: does Trump know the difference? Based on his lack of experience and some of the nonsense that he talks about, he doesn't.
              Its a tough decision, and nobody's pure. the Houthis are, well, containing a lot of pond scum factions, and maybe this is one time to hold our noses and let the Saudis crush them.
              https://www.albawaba.com/loop/what-a...s-jews-1007724

the last Zaidi emir in \\Yemen who passed away in 1962, let the vast majority of |Yemen's Jews leave by air to Israel.
              The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

What would you do?
                Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
                Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

Comment

That is certainly your opinion and we all know what that’s worth.
                  Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

The current Iranian situation is of Trump's own doing as he cancelled/withdrew from the nuclear agreement and then imposed more sanctions. The situation has deteriorated ever since that rashly stupid act, undoubtedly done by Trump because the agreement was done under the Obama administration.

The damage to oil tankers in the Persian Gulf, the shooting down of a US drone, and the missile attack on the two Saudi Arabian oil refineries all happened after Trump unilaterally withdrew from the nuclear agreement without cause. By every account I have seen the Iranians were in compliance. Once again Trump has clearly demonstrated that he is not qualified to be president and is inept and incompetent-as well as a bully and a coward and dumber than dirt.

Comment

The current Iranian situation is of Trump's own doing as he cancelled/withdrew from the nuclear agreement and then imposed more sanctions. The situation has deteriorated ever since that rashly stupid act, undoubtedly done by Trump because the agreement was done under the Obama administration.

The damage to oil tankers in the Persian Gulf, the shooting down of a US drone, and the missile attack on the two Saudi Arabian oil refineries all happened after Trump unilaterally withdrew from the nuclear agreement without cause. By every account I have seen the Iranians were in compliance. Once again Trump has clearly demonstrated that he is not qualified to be president and is inept and incompetent-as well as a bully and a coward and dumber than dirt.
                      You’d prefer Iran be rich funding extremist groups throughout the region that Obama provided for them?
                      Country first it doesn’t matter who the leader is even if you despise them keeping Iran from influencing the region risking a larger war is what is needed and it’s working better then what Obama did.
                      Last edited by Snowshoveler; 21 Sep 19, 07:37.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowshoveler View Post

You’d prefer Iran be rich funding extremist groups throughout the region that Obama provided for them?
                        Country first it doesn’t matter who the leader is even if you despise them keeping Iran from influencing the region risking a larger war is what is needed and it’s working better then what Obama did.
                        I would prefer no such thing. However, I'm not overly fond of openly provoking Iran into hasty action. You back a country into a corner, as Trump has done, and as unstable as Iran is they resort to desperate acts.

Talking and not shooting is better than the alternative. Trump has been hasty, ill-informed, and is once again demonstrating his propensity for being a bully. In short, he is behaving stupidly.

Comment

I would prefer no such thing. However, I'm not overly fond of openly provoking Iran into hasty action. You back a country into a corner, as Trump has done, and as unstable as Iran is they resort to desperate acts.

Talking and not shooting is better than the alternative. Trump has been hasty, ill-informed, and is once again demonstrating his propensity for being a bully. In short, he is behaving stupidly.
                          Keeping the Shias and Sunnis from jeopardizing 20% of the world oil supply through a large war is vital and it’s bad enough that countries like Saudi Arabia provide funding for their extremists stopping Iran from doing the same is very important and it’s working they’re lashing out now means they’re broke and desperate.
                          It’s not easy the world should look to other sources of oil and getting out of Muslim countries business so unless that ever happens this is what needs to be done and Obama did a terrible job.

Comment

And the question should be why did the Iranians attack two Saudi oil facilities? I am not an Obama supporter and did not vote for him. He was also a below-average president. But Trump is worse by a long mile.

Comment

And the question should be why did the Iranians attack two Saudi oil facilities? I am not an Obama supporter and did not vote for him. He was also a below-average president. But Trump is worse by a long mile.
                              Not in this case he’s done a good job so far look at the big picture because that’s what he is doing unlike the last Administration.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X