Growing Threat to Free Speech on College Campuses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Massena View Post

And that proves what? That you can label people with a pejorative comment because you don't agree with them? Well done.
    Please look in the mirror with regards to pejorative comments used by anti-Trumpers towards alleged "Trumpsters" ~
    hint, hint,
    TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
    “War is merely the continuation of politics by other means” - von Clausewitz
    Present Current Events are the Future's History

Comment

Originally posted by marktwain View Post

It's important, Massena, to keep in mind who you are responding to. Sometimes, "whatever' is an appropriate response...
      You are absolutely correct. Well done.
      We are not now that strength which in old days
      Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
      Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
      To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

More right wing hate:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/19/us/ne...ear/index.html
        As the rock was smashed into his face, the attacker's words hit Rabbi Avraham Gopin almost as hard. "He said 'Jew, Jew'," Gopin recalled in an interview with WCBS, a CNN affiliate. "It was hate," the rabbi added. The attack broke his nose and knocked out two teeth.
        Gopin, 63, had gone out to get some fresh air in a park in the Crown Heights neighborhood of Brooklyn, New York, late last month, when someone came up and began punching him. When Gopin tried to defend himself, the attacker hit him in the face with a rock.

A 26-year-old man was arrested and charged with assault as a hate crime, as well as criminal possession of a weapon.

Gopin's ordeal was one of a growing number of anti-Semitic hate crimes reported across the country. In New York City this year, anti-Semitic hate crimes are already up 63% compared with 2018, the city's police department said. Nationally, anti-Semitic incidents in 2018 were at near-historic levels, according to the Anti-Defamation League (ADL).Last year had the third-highest totals for assault, harassment and vandalism against Jews, since the ADL started tracking in 1979.
        While most of the reported anti-Semitic crimes in New York are acts of vandalism -- such as swastikas scrawled on synagogues -- many in the Orthodox Jewish community are worried about more violent personal attacks.

Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts

Comment

More white supremacist hate:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/21/us/wh...soh/index.html

When the torrent of hate first hit, Taylor Dumpson curled into a fetal position and rocked herself, unable to speak.
          Next, she made sure she was never alone in case the people who'd hung bananas in nooses and berated her online decided to attack her in person.

"I was terrified. I didn't know who these people were. I didn't know where they were. I didn't know if they were coming to find me," Dumpson told CNN in an exclusive television interview.

And finally, she decided to fight back.
          Not with threats of her own or joining in the vitriol, but suing for justice. Her quest to challenge the anonymous trolls led to something no one predicted: A personal apology.

Comment

Originally posted by marktwain View Post

It's important, Massena, to keep in mind who you are responding to. Sometimes, "whatever' is an appropriate response...
            Summed up my post in one word there, didn't you?

I'll take that as a lesson on how to post here.

Comment

Originally posted by Phaing View Post

Summed up my post in one word there, didn't you?

I'll take that as a lesson on how to post here.
              Nope
              Odder feller
              The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X