Clear All

• Investigating A Cabinet Official

Moscow Mitch cannot be happy about this one:

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...newday-vpx.cnn

CNN...... nuff said.

Comment

The Associated Press:

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/tr...est-2019-09-16

The House Oversight Committee said Monday it is investigating whether Transportation Secretary Elaine Chao acted improperly to benefit herself or her family’s shipping company.

Two Democratic leaders sent Chao a letter asking her to turn over documents and communications related to the New York-based company, Foremost Group. Chao’s father and sisters own the company, which transports material to and from China.

“Federal regulations prohibit federal employees from using their public offices for ‘the private gain of friends, relatives or persons with whom the employee is affiliated in a non-governmental capacity,’ “ the lawmakers wrote in a seven-page letter to Chao.

Newsweek:

https://www.newsweek.com/who-elaine-...-mitch-1459516

The House Oversight and Reform Committee on Monday launched an investigation into U.S. Secretary of Transportation Elaine Chao over whether she has taken any action that amounts to a conflict of interest.

The probes comes after media reports accused Chao of using her position in the Trump administration to benefit herself and her family's business. According to the reports, Chao may have used her role to boost Foremost Group, a shipping company owned by James Chao, her father.

Chao, whose husband is Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, was confirmed as a Cabinet secretary for the president's administration in January 2017.

In a letter to Chao, House Oversight and Reform Committee Chairman Elijah Cummings and Oversight and Reform Subcommittee on Economic and Consumer Policy Chairman Raja Krishnamoorthi requested communication documents between Chao, her father and her sister, Angela Chao, who serves as Foremost Group's chief executive. The lawmakers also requested other documents pertaining to their investigation.

Courier-Journal:

https://www.courier-journal.com/stor...ts/2348009001/

The House Oversight Committee said Monday it is investigating whether Transportation Secretary Elaine Chao acted improperly to benefit herself or her family's shipping company.

Two Democratic leaders sent Chao a letter asking her to turn over documents and communications related to the New York-based company, Foremost Group. Chao's father and sisters own the company, which transports material to and from China.

"Federal regulations prohibit federal employees from using their public offices for 'the private gain of friends, relatives or persons with whom the employee is affiliated in a non-governmental capacity,' " the lawmakers wrote in a seven-page letter to Chao.

The New York Times and Politico have reported that Chao may have used her Cabinet position to benefit the company and increase its influence and status with the Chinese government. China has extended hundreds of millions of dollars in low-interest loans to the company for the purchase of foreign-flagged ships.

Chao has denied wrongdoing.

Would you like to see more?

Comment

Pull out all of your left leaning MSM sources.

Comment

The Hill:

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4...tion-into-chao

The House Oversight and Reform Committee on Monday launched an investigation into Transportation Secretary Elaine Chao over whether she is using her office to benefit herself and her family.

The investigation follows a series of reports alleging that Chao used her role in the Trump administration to boost Foremost Group, a shipping company founded by her father, and initially didn't divest from stock in a major construction company.

“The Committee is examining your misstatements of fact, your actions that may have benefitted the company in which you continued to hold shares, and your compliance with ethics and financial disclosure requirements,” Oversight and Reform Committee Chairman Elijah Cummings (D-Md.) and Rep. Raja Krishnamoorthi (D-Ill.), chairman of the Oversight and Reform Subcommittee on Economic and Consumer Policy, wrote in a letter to Chao requesting documents.

What's the matter? Do you not believe that she should be investigated or that she should not be investigated no matter what? The Trump administration and those who work for it have been repeatedly shown to be corrupt. Congress is fulfilling their oversight duties, or do you disagree with that also?

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
            What's the matter? Do you not believe that she should be investigated or that she should not be investigated no matter what? The Trump administration and those who work for it have been repeatedly shown to be corrupt. Congress is fulfilling their oversight duties, or do you disagree with that also?
            Your loyalty to your party is noted.

She will be investigated and nothing will come of it just like the Clinton Foundation. It's politics in the swamp Messena.

The Trump administration hasn't "repeated shown to be corrupt" But your party demands that the duly elected president must go!

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post

Your loyalty to your party is noted.

She will be investigated and nothing will come of it just like the Clinton Foundation. It's politics in the swamp Messena.

The Trump administration hasn't "repeated shown to be corrupt" But your party demands that the duly elected president must go!
              I don't have a party. I'm registered in North Carolina as 'non-affiliated' which is read as 'independent.' So you are wrong once again. And I've posted that information before.

Comment

I don't have a party. I'm registered in North Carolina as 'non-affiliated' which is read as 'independent.' So you are wrong once again. And I've posted that information before.
                It is noted that once again you claim to be "non-affiliated"

It is also noted that you did not address the post that you quoted.....could it be because I called out both parties?

Who knows but please keep on claiming that you aren't a democrat...... I'm sure someone might believe you.

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post
                  CNN...... nuff said.
                  Agreed, I know which side they are on!
                  Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

I don't have a party.
                    So you say.

Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Then by your 'reasoning' if I don't support Trump or McConnell, then I must be a Democrat? That is not only illogical it is ludicrous.

Furthermore, it is once again an outstanding example of choosing party over country. I reregistered as an independent with no party affiliation because of the idiocy and corruption of the Trump administration, along with the constant support for Trump's administration and the constant 'judging' of people by their opposition to Trump and his policies by some on this forum.

Judging people by political party is both disingenuous and ridiculous. It is also against what is best for the United States-and Trump is definitely not what is best for the country. If someone supports corruption, what does that make them?
                      Last edited by Massena; 19 Sep 19, 06:14.

Comment

It must be euphoric being able to dismiss any information in the world based on the source. No fact checking, no curiosity, nothing.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X