Should women be in the workforce?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should women be in the workforce?

I think yes women should be in the workforce. I have come across a number of female employers and they are just amazing. The ones I have Meant are very professional and they seem all American. I feel that the workplace setting in America is equal today. The real issue is that the jobs just don’t pay what they used to but as for equality in the workplace The United States is doing good certainly we are not on the level of the countries in the world where women are just simply not seen in the workplace.

Think of Frances Perkins when it comes to a historically strong female leader in our country, I think also of Eleanor Roosevelt. And historically speaking you have Catherine of Aragon one of the greatest English women have ever existed you also have Joan of arc one of the greatest French leaders in history. So yes I see history shows us that women can be respected and admired by men under their command just as Catherine of Aragon was when she led the English against the Scottish crown.

Do folks here think that women should be in the workplace or should women not be allowed to work? And hold nothing back my good friends please provide your honest feelings because what good is it for folk to not say how they truly feel.
    Last edited by Stonewall_Jack; 18 Sep 19, 14:19.
    Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
    Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

George S Patton

Of course they should be allowed to work and be part of the workforce. What I disagree with is that they should be incentivized and disproportionately encouraged to do so.
    The former is fair and equal. The later is the Left forcing a numerical fair and equal on society that they believe is necessary. Of course, the Left is wrong and screwing up society by their actions.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
      Of course they should be allowed to work and be part of the workforce. What I disagree with is that they should be incentivized and disproportionately encouraged to do so.
      The former is fair and equal. The later is the Left forcing a numerical fair and equal on society that they believe is necessary. Of course, the Left is wrong and screwing up society by their actions.
      Well I feel in United States that men and women have equal in the workplace.
      Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
      Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

George S Patton

Comment

My God Gilead is alive and well
        Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
        Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall_Jack View Post

Well I feel in United States that men and women have equal in the workplace.
          But they aren't equal. Legally, women are given advantages-- and some significant ones. They fall under affirmative action and are given hiring preferences. Woman owned businesses get government contractual priority over other businesses, as but two examples.

Comment

The question should be why shouldn't women be expected to contribute to the economy.

There is a sickness in society I call the princess syndrome.

There is a bit of folk wisdom in which you will hear men inculturated into a K strategy life style that goes something like this, women have half the money and all the vagina. This is a reflection of the traditional sex roles in which men provide security and women babies. These attitudes are rooted in biological reality.

The life history trajectory of the sexual market place value of men and women are polar, decreasing in women and increasing in men with age. To some extent this is compensated for by a legal system where women past their optimal reproductive age are guaranteed half the money disincentivising males from abandoning them for younger women. As an aside these systems break down when monogamy is not reinforced by social censure.

There is no denying the perennial popularity of being a princess in female children. Despite decades of promotion for an asexual culture biology still dominates. The question is what is a princess? If you strip away the cultural accoutrements a princess is a baby making machine in waiting. Someone who's every need is provided by drones in the form of servants. Their fertility is the critical factor in the political hierarchy. Despite the decay of the monarchy in a world where ever home is a castle the biological underpinnings of the values reflected in the monarchs remain. Those values include attitudes towards fertile young women.

Freedom is about responsibility. In a world where eggs are highly valued because of their temporal limits. Where female hierarchy is largely based on physical signs of fertility. Where mean girls still rule adolescent social structures. Where the most progressive countries have the highest level of sexual segregation in the workforce. Where the pay inequity between males and females has largely been discredited. Two questions come to mind. First why is the conversation still about female opportunity not female responsibility? Second when will sanity return to questions regarding the sexes that include biological reality.

We hunt the hunters

Comment

Who else is going to answer my phones and serve me coffee?
              ScenShare Guidelines:

1) Enjoy creating it
              2) Enjoy playing it
              3) Enjoy sharing it
              4) Enjoy helping others create them

The PlayersDB - The Harpoon Community's #1 Choice.

FAQ http://www.harplonkhq.com/Harpoon/Fr...dQuestions.htm

Comment

But they aren't equal. Legally, women are given advantages-- and some significant ones. They fall under affirmative action and are given hiring preferences. Woman owned businesses get government contractual priority over other businesses, as but two examples.
                Those with victim-hood mentality like to blame their shortcomings on everyone else, as opposed to being accountable and looking inward. Didn't get a contract? It's not because of anything you did wrong, it's because a woman received it due to AA. Add in prejudice and the thought that a woman may simply have been better than you, never crosses their mind. These are weak minded cowards.
                "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Over my time working I lost several good permanent jobs when they selected a double minority instead of me. I can't complain much, but one of those jobs would have been a blessing to my family over the years. If women want the extra help getting jobs they should also bear the burden of the Draft and no easy treatment in the Military. Once in the service they should give up voluntary pregnancies. If their ship or unit is deploying to a warzone they should be discharged after a jail term if they get pregnant to avoid shipment.

Pruitt
                  Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post

Those with victim-hood mentality like to blame their shortcomings on everyone else, as opposed to being accountable and looking inward. Didn't get a contract? It's not because of anything you did wrong, it's because a woman received it due to AA. Add in prejudice and the thought that a woman may simply have been better than you, never crosses their mind. These are weak minded cowards.
                    The things I listed are in law. Companies, often smaller ones, often list women as the majority owner (a typical ploy here is a couple lists the wife as the principle owner of the company) but they are in name only. That is, the real operator(s) are the husbands. I've worked at two companies just like that. Never saw the supposed women who were the majority owners in the building.
                    That's gaming the system because the system requires you game it.

In another case an unqualified female was given a position over my putting in for it (government job). For me it was a lateral to a position I was grossly over qualified for. The higher management, also a female, asked me if I might be interested in a second position if they opened it. I replied, that she obviously hadn't looked at my resume, or qualifications, that I was a veteran, and then stated that I was contemplating a lawsuit over the clear violations of hiring and promotion policy involved. I let it drop a few days later when it was made clear by the same management that I'd be basically left entirely alone to do whatever the hell I wanted where I was, including little or nothing if I let the issue go.

That's reality. I've seen horribly unqualified people promoted repeatedly because of their ethnicity, gender, or other politically correct traits. That isn't "victim mentality" when you can point to the measurable examples of this, especially when you have numerous ones to use.

Comment

In another case an unqualified female was given a position over my putting in for it (government job).

Bingo. Thanks for proving my point.
                      "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Where are you? off in the boonies of Afghanistan? Most of my bosses and/or managers are women

Comment

Bingo. Thanks for proving my point.
                          You want me to spell out the differences between who got the job and myself? I know full well what they are.

Comment

How about instead of asking "Why?" we ask the OP "why not"?
                            Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

You want me to spell out the differences between who got the job and myself? I know full well what they are.
                              Nope. Because there's no way to verify anything you're saying is true and isn't more of your bias. Based on what I know, I'd gamble that she works better with minorities and women than you do. Do you know her educational background and GPA? Probably not and those are additional factors. But, because you feel entitled, you'll ignore those things.
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X