Homelessness in California

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jutland View Post
    Would you rather get exposed to a plastic syringe that's only been used by one junkie or get exposed to a glass one that's been used by six?......
    Why do I or anyone else that doesn't use the syringes have to be exposed to one or numerous syringes?
    "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

The glass one used by six. Hopefully that will thin the herd far more quickly.
      Oh look a guy posting behind an anime picture is trying to be edgy on the internet..

Shocker that....

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post

Why do I or anyone else that doesn't use the syringes have to be exposed to one or numerous syringes?
        Ideally you shouldn't, but we don't live in an ideal world so answer the question.

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
          So if just a handful of these people can be saved from contracting a possibly deadly infection, might not a needle exchange be worth our otherwise self-indulgent sense of righteous indignation?

And if you think a needle exchange is expensive, try treating someone with HIV/AIDS: one year's worth of antiretralvirals runs what, $30,000?
          ...and the people that are not related to the person addicted?

Little 8 year old Johnnie and Suzy innocently playing in the park get jab by a used exchange needle and contact hepatitis or HIV.....

If this exchange program worked the way it was planned, the needles would be turned in to get a new needle.

It isn't working that way.

Thousands of used 'government' supplied needles are littering the streets which exposes multiple people that have no relationship to the people using the needles.

This isn't about a "self-indulgent sense of righteous indignation" or the expense of the program. The program isn't working, there are thousands on people being exposed that have no connection to the people using the needles.

"I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

...and the people that are not related to the person addicted?

Little 8 year old Johnnie and Suzy innocently playing in the park get jab by a used exchange needle and contact hepatitis or HIV.....
            I grew up in such an environment. I can say without fear of exaggeration, that it never happened. One was many, many times more likely to pick up a pile of dog sh*t than they were to get stuck by a needle discarded in a public place.

But if this is about public health, surely it doesn't take an MD to know that fermenting dog sh*t breeds bacteria, and if little Johnnie and Suzy get it on their hands, and then -- the way eight year olds are known to do -- they put their hands in their mouths, then there's a more than fair chance that they'll get sick, possibly quite seriously. So I can rest assured that I'll have your vote for banning dogs?

If this exchange program worked the way it was planned, the needles would be turned in to get a new needle.
            No one ever claimed that drug addicts were uniformly responsible individuals. In the policy sphere, the best that one can do is to play the odds. Crafting policies with the intent of achieving 100% compliance is a fool's errand, hence the political cliché "don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good."

This isn't about a "self-indulgent sense of righteous indignation" or the expense of the program. The program isn't working, there are thousands on people being exposed that have no connection to the people using the needles.
            If it's about the greater good, then why don't we ban tobacco, ban alcohol, ban gambling, etc, etc, etc? Not a one of those substances/activities serves any private or public good -- yet we not only tolerate them, we profit by them financially. No sir, this isn't about "little Johnnie" in the park: little Johnnie doesn't play in the park anyways -- 'cause it's loaded to the gills with junkies, so both he and his parents are scared sh*tless of the park. No, this is about promoting further suffering among addicts and their relations. As another ACG so eloquently put it, "The glass [syringe] used by six. Hopefully that will thin the herd far more quickly. " Of course, I generally fail to find humor from human death -- but hey, that's just me.
            I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
              No, this is about promoting further suffering among addicts and their relations.
              That may or may not be your take on this, it is definitely not my take.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X