Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Misuse of the US Air Force for Personal Gain

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Someone decided to land in Scotland. How come they did not refuel in the air? These transports fly a lot farther all the time. On a lighter note, did the air crew bring golf clubs? THAT would be a sign that they were landing there on purpose!

    Pruitt
    Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

    Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

    by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Nichols View Post

      You don't make a profit by charging under per diem in the hotel business. Trump lost money on this deal that has been going on since 2015. Service members and government people traveling on orders are usually given the per diem rate. Which is lower than the regular rate.

      Charging less than per diem is a loss for the hotel. The people traveling don't make money on it because the get paid what they were charged. If they pick a hotel that is over per diem, they have to pick up the additional cost, not the government.

      The only organization that fiscally made out on this was the government, it only paid what the people were charged. The service members had a chance to stay at a world class resort.

      What can possible be bad about the government being charged less than they established the rate to be?

      What can possibly be bad about servicemembders staying in a world class hotel without having to pay for it?

      From the left's perspective; what can possibly be bad about Trump losing money in his hotel?
      Depends on how booked you are. And how staffed up you are.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by craven View Post

        Depends on how booked you are. And how staffed up you are.
        I put too many questions in one post.......

        Which question are you answering?
        "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by inevtiab1e View Post
          You sure about that?
          Positive, DTS makes the reservations.

          "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by inevtiab1e View Post
            Common sense disagrees with you.
            Unfortunately, common sense is not a common virtue, especially among Trump supporters.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
              Someone decided to land in Scotland. How come they did not refuel in the air? These transports fly a lot farther all the time. On a lighter note, did the air crew bring golf clubs? THAT would be a sign that they were landing there on purpose!

              Pruitt

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Massena View Post

                Unfortunately, common sense is not a common virtue, especially among Trump supporters.
                Starting a thread 10 days after the 'breaking news' event, 9 days after the Air Force proved that it wasn't what the MSM reported......is a non story.

                Common sense is obviously not a "common virtue" when it deals with the MSM & TDS people.
                "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Nichols View Post

                  Starting a thread 10 days after the 'breaking news' event, 9 days after the Air Force proved that it wasn't what the MSM reported......is a non story.
                  Wait, what did the MSM report that was wrong? Show me a headline/source 10 days ago.

                  Common sense is obviously not a "common virtue" when it deals with the MSM & TDS people.
                  But the MSM is more accurate in reporting than Fox. And TDS is a fake disease.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by inevtiab1e View Post
                    Wait, what did the MSM report that was wrong? Show me a headline/source 10 days ago.
                    Read the title of this thread; Misuse of the US Air Force for Personal Gain

                    Now read what I posted and you quoted.

                    Originally posted by inevtiab1e View Post
                    But the MSM is more accurate in reporting than Fox.
                    Fox is part of the MSM, do you really think that it isn't?

                    Originally posted by inevtiab1e View Post
                    And TDS is a fake disease.
                    Keep telling yourself that.

                    "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Nichols View Post

                      Read the title of this thread; Misuse of the US Air Force for Personal Gain

                      Now read what I posted and you quoted.
                      But that's not the headline of any source or story. That's Messena's thread title that was chosen. You said you had a source showing how the MSM was wrong 10 days ago. Yet you haven't provided that.

                      Fox is part of the MSM, do you really think that it isn't?
                      Based on ratings, Fox is the most mainstream. I believe they are part of the MSM. Their viewers won't.
                      Keep telling yourself that.
                      Only interested in the facts.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by inevtiab1e View Post
                        But that's not the headline of any source or story. That's Messena's thread title that was chosen.
                        The OP is all over the place, various headlines in one post:

                        1. Air Force crew made an odd stop on a routine trip: Trump’s Scottish resort

                        2. House Judiciary panel preparing vote to define Trump impeachment probe

                        3. Air Force orders review of all international layover stays following bookings at Trump Scotland resort

                        4. House panel investigating military spending at Trump Turnberry

                        5. Trump's trip to his Turnberry resort cost the State Department at least $233K, review finds


                        6. Air Force orders review of all international layover stays following bookings at Trump Scotland resort

                        7. Trump tweets he had 'nothing' to do with Turnberry, Doonbeg visits

                        8. Trump denies asking Mulvaney to pressure federal agency on hurricane claims

                        Notice that articles 3 & 6 are the exact same article.

                        Originally posted by inevtiab1e View Post
                        You said you had a source showing how the MSM was wrong 10 days ago. Yet you haven't provided that.
                        Refresh me, where did I say I had a source?

                        Originally posted by inevtiab1e View Post
                        Based on ratings, Fox is the most mainstream.
                        I clearly stated that Fox is part of the MSM....what's your issue with that statement?
                        "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Nichols View Post

                          I put too many questions in one post.......

                          Which question are you answering?
                          I was just pointing out the hotel is more than likely still making money off of the govt rate. But a lot of things go into that statement.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by craven View Post

                            I was just pointing out the hotel is more than likely still making money off of the govt rate. But a lot of things go into that statement.
                            Could be but generally in the hotel business profits are razor thin when you start going below the standard rate.

                            The hotel my wife works at is a good example of this. 2 months ago they had more bookings but significantly less funds from the year before because they were giving out rooms at a much lower rate. The owners use this as a reason for not being able to higher additional staff.

                            Fewer staff, more rooms being used, less money being made.....
                            "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by Nichols View Post

                              Could be but generally in the hotel business profits are razor thin when you start going below the standard rate.

                              The hotel my wife works at is a good example of this. 2 months ago they had more bookings but significantly less funds from the year before because they were giving out rooms at a much lower rate. The owners use this as a reason for not being able to higher additional staff.

                              Fewer staff, more rooms being used, less money being made.....

                              In the hotel industry they are never making enough money.

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X