X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nichols View Post

Childhood cancer.

Where do you come up with your 'facts'?
    He gets them mixed up like the Sandmann lawsuit against CNN with that of the Washington Post, a minor player in the libel suit.https://www.dailysignal.com/2019/03/...t-against-cnn/
    “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

Originally posted by inevtiab1e View Post
      https://www.forbes.com/sites/quora/2.../#147eff3c12ab
      https://www.christianforums.com/thre...t-all.8074272/

Sure, a grifter(Sandmann) filed a frivolous lawsuit that was dismissed. That's not proof of anything, lmao. I noticed you didn't mention the Washington Post suit being dismissed.

I never said it was Trump's idea. I don't care who's idea it was.

You can still rely on Fox without a TV. Some of the worst far right propaganda isn't on TV. You can't escape it.

Sandman is a 16 year old kid who did nothing and you are trying to attack him?
      The case was dismissed against the washington post and it appears that it is still pending. The fact that the WAPO has been dismissed doesn't address the suit against CNN.
      The Judge explained why he was dismissing the suit v. WAPO and it wasn't because WAPO told the truth.

I find it hilarious that you assume Fox is propaganda because the propaganda you read tells you so.
      If Fox is reporting falsehoods, then it would be pretty easy to point those out, but you don't.

CNN could also be dismissed, but not because it told the truth.
      Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post

Agreed, banning stuff is out ot the left's playbook not unique to trump.

Consider
        Large sodas.

Uber/Lyft
        Smoking
        Chik fil a (banned in chicago and san Antonio)
        Sorry for quoting myself, but I remembered a couple more ridiculous bans

Straws.
        Light bulbs.
        Goose liver (Chicago)
        US flag (See San Francisco school)
        Confederate flags. (See banning of the band "Confederate Railroad" from an Illinois State fair and a cancellation of an annual Civil war reenactment because of those flags)
        I'm sure I will think of more.

I could add the left's regulations that resulted in boys being allowed access to girl's locker rooms and bathrooms because they identified as females regardless of what biological girls wanted. I find that one hilarious. The party that claims to protect women quickly threw them under the bus in the interests of "diversity".

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Straws.
          Light bulbs.
          Goose liver (Chicago)
          Confederate flags. (See banning of the band "Confederate Railroad" from an Illinois State fair and a cancellation of an annual Civil war reenactment because of those flags)

I could add the left's regulations that resulted in boys being allowed access to girl's locker rooms and bathrooms because they identified as females regardless of what biological girls wanted. I find that one hilarious. The party that claims to protect women quickly threw them under the bus in the interests of "diversity".
          You think they are banning straws

Comment

Originally posted by Jutland View Post

You think they are banning straws
            plastic ones. The point remains the same.

San Francisco quickly followed suit and passed an ordinance that, once approved, will ban plastic straws beginning in July of 2019
            https://www.businessinsider.com/plas...so-many-2018-7

Comment

California bans all sorts of products other states don't. For example:

Beauty products containing cocamide (a saponifier) and micro-fine titanium dioxides, among others. This has had manufacturers pull those products from sale in California.

There's a bill about to go to Newsom's desk for signature outlawing natural fur.

All animal farming has to be cage free.

CBD oil (hemp oils) can be manufactured in California, but not sold there.

Foie gras (goose liver pate) is banned, including production.

Plastic one-use grocery bags.

Flamethrowers

San Francisco in specific bans:

Toys in Happy Meals. (Yes, the Grinch does exist apparently)
              Bottled water
              Smoking and tobacco products
              Sale of baby animals
              Soda and fruit drinks not containing real fruit juice from public buildings.
              Segways
              Arizona... Apparently, Arizona so upset the city council that all official travel there is banned.
              Sitting on a sidewalk or street between 7 am and 11 pm
              Firearms in advertising

It's probably easier to list what's not banned or otherwise regulated in California than what is....

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                San Francisco in specific bans:

Sitting on a sidewalk or street between 7 am and 11 pm
                Given the Bay Area's massive homeless population, how do they expect to enforce that ban? From what I saw when I visited there this past June, they're not enforcing it at all.

And neither are they enforcing a ban on the sale and consumption of tobacco.
                I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by Nikki View Post

There's already regulation for teens, it's illegal for teens to purchase alcohol.
                  It's illegal for teens to purchase e-cigs as well, yet Trump wants to ban it to protect people who are buying it illegally.
                  "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                  - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

If alcohol was invented yesterday, it'd be illegal too...
                    Because that's the type of pansy ass society we live in. Doesn't make it a good thing.
                    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Straws.
                      Light bulbs.
                      Goose liver (Chicago)

Why are bans the solution to everything in America now? What happened to freedom of choice? If the public has an issue with e-cig, then don't buy them. If children are getting their hands on them, then that's a parental issue, not a government issue. It's very concerning that everyone would rather have their hand held throughout life nowadays.
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post

Because that's the type of pansy ass society we live in. Doesn't make it a good thing.
                        That's incorrect. Prohibition shows the problem distinctly. Alcohol has been part of human society for millennia. It has become an ingrained part of society and is omni-present around the world. It's a vice that's been with us for so long, and it's so widely in use, it would be impossible to eradicate from society so it gets allowed but regulated.
                        As I said, Prohibition shows what happens when you try to ban it.

As for other recreational drugs:

My view is that some should be legalized, others need to remain strictly illegal. The best way to regulate them is through a combination of licensing / regulating and stigmatizing them. The campaign against tobacco has been relatively successful in doing just that. Eliminating it's use entirely is probably not ever going to happen.

So, my way of doing that is to license the growers / manufacturers of the various drugs allowed and do the same with the dealers. For use, you apply for a "Drug abuse" license at minimal cost. It's public information, can be used to deny you employment or health expenses related to your drug use. Basically, it fronts you off publicly as a drug abuser. That's the stigma part. The license also indicates that legally you know the consequences of your use and are libel for all expenses associated with that.
                        The licensing is done to ensure that the drugs are reasonably safe... say manufactured to veterinary standards so the cost remains relatively low making them accessible to people with limited means (eg., those that can't get a job due to their drug abuse). Present your abuse license to a dealer and you can be higher than a kite as much as you like and can afford.
                        Go outside the system and you get smacked down hard for years for illegal drug use on a first offense. That is, you get in the system or you go to prison for a decade or three and don't get to use drugs.

Marijuana is legalized but treated with the same onerous and punitive advertising campaigns as tobacco for the same reasons as tobacco.

Comment

Why are bans the solution to everything in America now? What happened to freedom of choice? If the public has an issue with e-cig, then don't buy them. If children are getting their hands on them, then that's a parental issue, not a government issue.
                          'Bout thirteen or fourteen years ago, US Sen Charles Schumer (NY-D) held his usual Sunday safety press conference, this time about the ills of on-line tobacco sales. To demonstrate, he had set up on the stage a desk and a computer, and his then-teenaged daughter effected purchase of cigarettes. Oh, did the trained seals of the Fourth Estate applaud. What went unasked was, with what medium of exchange did the minor effect purchase? Clearly she was too young to successfully apply for a credit card, so presumably it was her daddy's. The question that should have been asked was, what kind of parent just hands his child his credit card.

It's very concerning that everyone would rather have their hand held throughout life nowadays.
                          Welcome to the 21st century United States; she's becoming more like the 1970s United Kingdom every day.
                          I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by SRV Ron View Post

He gets them mixed up like the Sandmann lawsuit against CNN with that of the Washington Post, a minor player in the libel suit.https://www.dailysignal.com/2019/03/...t-against-cnn/
                            https://www.verywellhealth.com/top-c...-15-24-2223960

What facts do I have mixed up. I said alcohol causes more deaths than ecigs and it does. So if you can't show me a statistic that proves otherwise, then what we have is another example of conservatives not being able to comprehend English. Per usual.
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Why are bans the solution to everything in America now? What happened to freedom of choice? If the public has an issue with e-cig, then don't buy them. If children are getting their hands on them, then that's a parental issue, not a government issue. It's very concerning that everyone would rather have their hand held throughout life nowadays.
                              I agree.
                              It almost seems as if the left has turned into the humorless scolds who allegedly made up the right in the 1950s.
                              They seem to have become exactly what they despised.

Comment

Sandman is a 16 year old kid who did nothing and you are trying to attack him?
                                The case was dismissed against the washington post and it appears that it is still pending. The fact that the WAPO has been dismissed doesn't address the suit against CNN.
                                The Judge explained why he was dismissing the suit v. WAPO and it wasn't because WAPO told the truth.

I find it hilarious that you assume Fox is propaganda because the propaganda you read tells you so.
                                If Fox is reporting falsehoods, then it would be pretty easy to point those out, but you don't.

CNN could also be dismissed, but not because it told the truth.
                                So what is your premise towards CNN? A high schooler was told to file a frivolous lawsuit against CNN for somehow ruining his life? He was coached to do it. Now it's RW propaganda talking points that we get to witness here.

Republican elitists telling a kid to file a suit (and help him with it). Over nothing.

Last edited by inevtiab1e; 13 Sep 19, 17:54.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X