Did Bolton bolt or was he pushed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
    Best personnel move Trump has made since his inauguration.
    I agree!
    Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

There are a lot of people that have risen to moderately prestigious positions and even more that hold the former in fairly high regard that don't want to admit that their youthful idealism was sophomoric. This same process applies equally to how they remember the Vietnam war as to the failure to reevaluate anthropogenic global warming in light of the failure of the models to be accurate.

Cognitive dissonance is not a problem of the unintelligent but most seriously effects those capable of constructing rationalized normative if bias cognitive networks. We do not have the intellectual, mathematical, scientific, or philosophical tools to predict the behavior of complex chaotic systems. For most analysis of complex, chaotic systems the best we can do is correlation not causation. It is dangerous to be so arrogant as to be unable to recognize this simple truth.

I'm not rejecting the idea of nomological networks of cumulative evidence I'm only suggesting that they should be granted no more credibility than historical evidence and that both apply only in the general not specific. Just as something cannot be scientific if it is not falsifiable are political and social beliefs are not justifiable if they cannot be falsifiable by correlations.

Stephen Wolfram recognized the problem and offered a new kind of science based on a new kind of mathematics dealing with pattern comparison. That may not be the right approach but the first step in solving any problem is recognizing that it exists.

Determinism not only killed God it disrupted the foundation of civilization which is freewill. Although the left has become almost as cult like and anti science as the religious right most of their bad ideas stem directly from having murdered freewill on the misinformed basis that freewill is a religious concept. While freewill is not real in the scientific sense it is a real social construct essential for civilization as other abstractions such as mathematics and formal logic. Had the nature of reality as perceived by the human mind not been permanently alter by quantum indeterinism the intellectual dishonesty of the "liberal" mindset could be forgiven but as it is it appears as the bastion of authoritarian, prestige mentality or intellectual virtue signaling rent seeking.
      We hunt the hunters

Comment

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
        There are a lot of people that have risen to moderately prestigious positions and even more that hold the former in fairly high regard that don't want to admit that their youthful idealism was sophomoric. This same process applies equally to how they remember the Vietnam war as to the failure to reevaluate anthropogenic global warming in light of the failure of the models to be accurate.

Cognitive dissonance is not a problem of the unintelligent but most seriously effects those capable of constructing rationalized normative if bias cognitive networks. We do not have the intellectual, mathematical, scientific, or philosophical tools to predict the behavior of complex chaotic systems. For most analysis of complex, chaotic systems the best we can do is correlation not causation. It is dangerous to be so arrogant as to be unable to recognize this simple truth.

I'm not rejecting the idea of nomological networks of cumulative evidence I'm only suggesting that they should be granted no more credibility than historical evidence and that both apply only in the general not specific. Just as something cannot be scientific if it is not falsifiable are political and social beliefs are not justifiable if they cannot be falsifiable by correlations.

Stephen Wolfram recognized the problem and offered a new kind of science based on a new kind of mathematics dealing with pattern comparison. That may not be the right approach but the first step in solving any problem is recognizing that it exists.

Determinism not only killed God it disrupted the foundation of civilization which is freewill. Although the left has become almost as cult like and anti science as the religious right most of their bad ideas stem directly from having murdered freewill on the misinformed basis that freewill is a religious concept. While freewill is not real in the scientific sense it is a real social construct essential for civilization as other abstractions such as mathematics and formal logic. Had the nature of reality as perceived by the human mind not been permanently alter by quantum indeterinism the intellectual dishonesty of the "liberal" mindset could be forgiven but as it is it appears as the bastion of authoritarian, prestige mentality or intellectual virtue signaling rent seeking.
        There's a lost of stuff in there that I'd like to chew on -- and more properly it deserves a thread all its own -- but in the interests of brevity, let me highlight this one tidbit here:

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
        Cognitive dissonance is not a problem of the unintelligent but most seriously effects those capable of constructing rationalized normative if bias cognitive networks.
        Eric Blair beat you to it -- by better than seventy years.

It need hardly be said that the subtlest practitioners of DOUBLETHINK are those who invented DOUBLETHINK and know that it is a vast system of mental cheating. In our society, those who have the best knowledge of what is happening are also those who are furthest from seeing the world as it is. In general, the greater the understanding, the greater the delusion; the more intelligent, the less sane. - Chapter 9, 1984, by George Orwell

Perhaps the lettered man's greatest advantage isn't that he can outsmart the uneducated, but that he can lie more convincingly than they can, both to them, and more importantly, to himself. Or put more humorously:

Educated people are better liars because they've learned how to believe lies more fully, more passionately, than the unlettered.
        I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Then why did Pres Trump appoint to a position as prominent as National Security Advisor one who does not share his vision vis a vis international relations?
          Maybe there was no one else, besides ,Bolton was better than McMaster and had some support in conservative groups : Cruz is still defending him, while Rand Paul is attacking him .
          Bolton and Trump are both hostile to Castro, Maduro and Kim,but for Trump that is no reason to attack them,while Bolton wanr regime change in these countries,something that Trump refuses, justifiedly .

Comment

Originally posted by ljadw View Post
            Maybe there was no one else, besides ,Bolton was better than McMaster and had some support in conservative groups : Cruz is still defending him, while Rand Paul is attacking him .
            What are you saying, that McMaster was/is more conservative than either Bolton or Trump?

Bolton and Trump are both hostile to Castro, Maduro and Kim
            Didn't Trump "fall in love" with Kim?

but for Trump that is no reason to attack them,while Bolton wanr regime change in these countries, something that Trump refuses, justifiedly .
            That's one of the few aspects of "Trumpism" that I like: he's reluctant to commit the United States militarily. The only problem is that he talks about blowing recalcitrant countries to smithereens. That kind of . . . . . inconsistency, it ain't good.
            I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

You left off that they're also stupid. You have to go to an ivy league university and study hard to be that stupid. Stupid like that can't be found in nature. It kills itself off. But, they do, and in droves and we get shafted by the results.
              Your still alive. Sort of disproves your theory
              "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Bolton and Trump are both hostile to Castro, Maduro and Kim,but for Trump that is no reason to attack them,while Bolton wanr regime change in these countries,something that Trump refuses, justifiedly .
                Hostile to KIM...what world do you live in? Now Castro, there is a real treat to Trump. who goes into the ground first? Maduro...is he even worth a comment. Another failed dictator which both Asia, Africa and SA have had more than enough. What's special about him? Nothing other than some "prudits" like to talk about him with out knowing what the F they are talking about. Much like you
                "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

What are you saying, that McMaster was/is more conservative than either Bolton or Trump?

Didn't Trump "fall in love" with Kim?

That's one of the few aspects of "Trumpism" that I like: he's reluctant to commit the United States militarily. The only problem is that he talks about blowing recalcitrant countries to smithereens. That kind of . . . . . inconsistency, it ain't good.
                  I refer to the article from John Solomon in The Hill of today with as title '' Two names who would give Trump an all-star security team after Bolton ( people as the Ambassadors in the Netherlands and in Germany ).Solomom also indicates that the negociations with NK failed because of Bolton .
                  That Trump said nice things about Kim is meaningless, because Trump is a businessman who is saying nice things about a lot of people and eliminates them when it is necessary : Bolton, Tillerson, etc .. were praised by Trump.
                  About McMaster : he had a strained relation with Massis and was attacked by the Center for Security Policy for not being conservative enough .
                  I suspect he was a leftover from the Obama Administration with a dubious loyalty to Trump .

Comment

Originally posted by Jutland View Post

Yeah, they are the dumb ones ........

Just because I made an error once, doesn't mean everything I say afterwards is erroneous. So, your example is not only irrelevant, but just another ad hominem. And, yes, those Ivy leaguers are often the dumb ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowshoveler View Post

Calling the capitalist economic system totalitarian is a stretch democracies and economies function better under the system than anything the far left has ever accomplished.
                      Oh we're not talking about capitalism. Capitalism has been around for centuries. It's fine. The problems stem from neo-con ideology taking the market system of capitalism and assuming EVERY FECKING THING should preferably work as a market. That's where it makes capitalism dip into totalitarianism. It's a social model, not a model of government. But the US is the current primary object lesson of how "vestigia terrent".

Comment

A post from Jutland going after the poster and not the post was removed. Further posts of this type will also be removed and if necessary further action will be taken.

Cease the personal sniping and address post content, not the poster.

Thank you
                        ACG Staff

Comment

I'm pretty sure Trump fired Bolton. The current regime in the WH is known for high turnover. Poor decision making. From a poor deal maker/businessman

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Actually, very few political types can handle being around a man like Trump who can't be bought or bullied. The weaklings always bail and America is a better place without them.

Funny you should bring up Obama, who shielded criminals like Clinton and many others.
                            um you talk about criminals and not include Trump. lol

Trump is not that he cant be bought because he is being bought by foreign govt all the time. Trump just thinks he smarter than everyone else and knows it all so does not need to keep learning.

I have said this many times Almost every member on this forum would be a better president than Trump

Comment

Originally posted by inevtiab1e View Post
                              I'm pretty sure Trump fired Bolton. The current regime in the WH is known for high turnover. Poor decision making. From a poor deal maker/businessman
                              I would put my money on Bolton resigning. Trump is the no I broke up with you type.

Comment

Then why did Pres Trump appoint to a position as prominent as National Security Advisor one who does not share his vision vis a vis international relations?
                                This is probably close to science fiction... but do you think Trump hired Bolton just to scare the crap out of North Korea and Iran? Always thinking if it didn't work he would just boot him out...….

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X