Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Walmart Did The Right Thing

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Walmart Did The Right Thing

    The NRA needs to grow up and stop being a lobbying organization. They've bullied the president and the Republican majority in the Senate and that has to stop.

    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/nr...cid=spartandhp

    'The National Rifle Association (NRA) in a Tuesday statement slammed Walmart's changes to its gun policies as "shameful" after a mass shooting last month in one of its stores.'

    '"It is shameful to see Walmart succumb to the pressure of the anti-gun elites. Lines at Walmart will soon be replaced by lines at other retailers who are more supportive of America's fundamental freedoms," the statement said.'

    '"The truth is Walmart's actions today will not make us any safer. Rather than place the blame on the criminal, Walmart has chosen to victimize law-abiding Americans," the NRA added. "Our leaders must be willing to approach the problems of crime, violence and mental health with sincerity and honesty."'

    'The statement follows a decision by Walmart to end handgun sales, discontinue sales on certain types types of ammunition and ask customers to not openly carrying firearms.'

    '"We've also been listening to a lot of people inside and outside our company as we think about the role we can play in helping to make the country safer," wrote Walmart Inc. President and CEO Doug McMillon in a letter to associates. "It's clear to us that the status quo is unacceptable."'

    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
    Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
    To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

  • #2
    Well, the fact that WalMart will stop selling handgun ammo just makes it harder and more inconvenient for law-abiding gun owners to purchase the items that will keep them and their loved ones safe when some guy with murder on his mind also has a loaded firearm.
    ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
    IN MARE IN COELO

    Comment


    • #3
      If walmart did the right thing, then it stands to reason you believe it will reduce crime.
      The problem is that there is no evidence to support such a fantasy all it does is make the anti-2nd Amendment people feel good about themselves.

      Apparently their feelings are more important than any silly old facts.

      In Chicago, it is almost impossible to buy a gun. I believe that there is only one gun store there and the State is trying to regulate it and all other small gun stores out of business. Despite this, dozens of people are shot every weekend in the city.
      It is almost as if all these regulations have absolutely no impact on crime whatsoever. Nah, that couldn't be true, could it?
      Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

      Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Massena View Post
        The NRA needs to grow up and stop being a lobbying organization. They've bullied the president and the Republican majority in the Senate and that has to stop.

        https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/nr...cid=spartandhp

        'The National Rifle Association (NRA) in a Tuesday statement slammed Walmart's changes to its gun policies as "shameful" after a mass shooting last month in one of its stores.'

        '"It is shameful to see Walmart succumb to the pressure of the anti-gun elites. Lines at Walmart will soon be replaced by lines at other retailers who are more supportive of America's fundamental freedoms," the statement said.'

        '"The truth is Walmart's actions today will not make us any safer. Rather than place the blame on the criminal, Walmart has chosen to victimize law-abiding Americans," the NRA added. "Our leaders must be willing to approach the problems of crime, violence and mental health with sincerity and honesty."'

        'The statement follows a decision by Walmart to end handgun sales, discontinue sales on certain types types of ammunition and ask customers to not openly carrying firearms.'

        '"We've also been listening to a lot of people inside and outside our company as we think about the role we can play in helping to make the country safer," wrote Walmart Inc. President and CEO Doug McMillon in a letter to associates. "It's clear to us that the status quo is unacceptable."'
        The NRA has always been a lobbying organization. That is what it was founded as so why should it stop being what it gets membership money to do?
        Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

        Comment


        • #5
          How did Walmart do the "right thing"?
          "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

          Comment


          • #6
            yes
            The history addict asked me,"Where did you fought?"
            Me...Damn..."I'm not sure."

            Comment


            • #7
              Now if we can just get all the anti-Second Amendment peoples whom want to disarm citizens to wear a large yellow armband, than those such as myself with concealed carry license will know not to draw and use my pistol should I see such "right thing" persons being attacked and assaulted by criminals.

              Plus will aid and assist the criminals to better know whom among us are willing to be victims.
              Last edited by G David Bock; 04 Sep 19, 15:43. Reason: fixed spellin'

              Comment


              • #8
                I feel that fully automatic machine guns and semi autos such as the m 16 and ar 15, ak 47 should be looked into. Maybe we should outlaw those guns, we should allow Americans to buy shotguns, 22 rifles, pistols. In other words guns for self defense or for hunting. I have a 22 rifle and thats more then enough, Here in NYS I was able to get the rifle and bullets easily, maybe was a 20 minute wait period but this was perhaps 6 or 8 years ago.

                I dont know much about the NRA, but it appears NRA leadership is pro GOP, I wonder was it always like that..what about in WW1 and WW2?

                Walmart employs the most people in the world. The overriding issue for many Americans is that Walmart does not allow unions. So frankly, many Americans especially our fellow Americans working two jobs one at walmart perhaps the other in insurance, sales, fast food whatever...as well as folks like me and so many more will not applaud walmart. Walmart is not pro Middle class, walmart does not produce anything meaningful as did Ford, GM, Republic Steel in other words companies that provided union jobs.

                Walmart disallows even the thoughts of a Union. Walmart hires goons to walk around its stores making sure the employees do not organizes into Unions. We might as well have a story of a North Korean Company banning guns. Because thats whats going on with walmart. If a North Korean company or Walmart bans guns so what, they are still against freedom and doing what is right. Walmart is anti American. Besides Walmart is over rated, you dont get good deals at walmart. There meat is sub par, there frozen foods are merely a few pennies or nickles less. One can often find better deals at local grocery marts compared to walmart. Its a anti American thing whats going on in the USA today, how GOP and Democratic politicians alike are not doing enough to help there people, we need massive amounts more of union jobs, not unproductive talk about a anti American company such as walmart doing something about guns.
                Last edited by Stonewall_Jack; 04 Sep 19, 17:20. Reason: typo
                Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
                Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

                George S Patton

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
                  Now if we can just get all the anti-Second Amendment peoples whom want to disarm citizens to wear a large yellow armband, than those such as myself with concealed carry license will know not to draw and use my pistol should I see such "right thing" persons being attacked and assaulted by criminals.

                  Please will aid and assist the criminals to better know whom among us are willing to be victims.
                  66870D1A-2C59-42F3-BD3B-95A8C8663D3C.jpeg

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    The NRA does a good job overall and definitely serves a purpose.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Indeed, one might ask, if unions are doing as little for workers as Walmart maintains, why then does Walmart bother to battle unions so aggressively? Walmart takes a far more jaundiced view of unions than do many Americans—for instance the nation’s Roman Catholic bishops. “The Church fully supports the right of workers to form unions or other associations to secure their rights to fair wages and working conditions,” the bishops once wrote in a pastoral letter, Economic Justice for All. And Pope John Paul II, never known as a raging liberal, called unions, “an indispensable element of social life.

                      https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.the...rticle/395051/
                      Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
                      Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

                      George S Patton

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Massena View Post
                        The NRA needs to grow up and stop being a lobbying organization. They've bullied the president and the Republican majority in the Senate and that has to stop.

                        https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/nr...cid=spartandhp

                        'The National Rifle Association (NRA) in a Tuesday statement slammed Walmart's changes to its gun policies as "shameful" after a mass shooting last month in one of its stores.'

                        '"It is shameful to see Walmart succumb to the pressure of the anti-gun elites. Lines at Walmart will soon be replaced by lines at other retailers who are more supportive of America's fundamental freedoms," the statement said.'

                        '"The truth is Walmart's actions today will not make us any safer. Rather than place the blame on the criminal, Walmart has chosen to victimize law-abiding Americans," the NRA added. "Our leaders must be willing to approach the problems of crime, violence and mental health with sincerity and honesty."'

                        'The statement follows a decision by Walmart to end handgun sales, discontinue sales on certain types types of ammunition and ask customers to not openly carrying firearms.'

                        '"We've also been listening to a lot of people inside and outside our company as we think about the role we can play in helping to make the country safer," wrote Walmart Inc. President and CEO Doug McMillon in a letter to associates. "It's clear to us that the status quo is unacceptable."'
                        THE NRA is planning to bring back- Woolworths and - Zellers??
                        The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Stonewall_Jack View Post
                          I feel that fully automatic machine guns and semi autos such as the m 16 and ar 15, ak 47 should be looked into. Maybe we should outlaw those guns, we should allow Americans to buy shotguns, 22 rifles, pistols. In other words guns for self defense or for hunting. I have a 22 rifle and thats more then enough, Here in NYS I was able to get the rifle and bullets easily, maybe was a 20 minute wait period but this was perhaps 6 or 8 years ago.

                          I dont know much about the NRA, but its appears NRA leadership is pro GOP, I wonder was it always like that..what about in WW1 and WW2?

                          Walmart employs the most people in the world. The overriding issue for many Americans is that Walmart does not allow unions. So frankly, many Americans especially our fellow Americans working two jobs one at walmart perhaps the other in insurance, sales, fast food whatever...as well as folks like me and so many more will not applaud walmart. Walmart is not pro Middle class, walmart does not produce anything meaningful as did Ford, GM, Republic Steel in other words companies that provided union jobs.

                          Walmart disallows even the thoughts of a Union. Walmart hires goons to walk around its stores making sure the employees do not organizes into Unions. We might as well have a story of a North Korean Company banning guns. Because thats whats going on with walmart. If a North Korean company or Walmart bans guns so what, they are still against freedom and doing what is right. Walmart is anti American. Besides Walmart is over rated, you dont get good deals at walmart. There meat is sub par, there frozen foods are merely a few pennies or nickles less. One can often find better deals at local grocery marts compared to walmart. Its a anti American thing whats going on in the USA today, how GOP and Democratic politicians alike are not doing enough to help there people, we need massive amounts more of union jobs, not unproductive talk about a anti American company such as walmart doing something about guns.
                          Semi-automatic means when expelling a spent casing the mechanism will cycle in the next round.
                          My Glock and Kahr are semi-autos, my Taurus revolver is not.
                          My Ruger 10/22 is a .22 caliber LR(long rifle) that comes standard with a ten round "drum" magazine and is semi-auto. .22 is only reliably lethal to two legged varmints at close range AND with a well-placed hit, say between the eyes. I'd not recommend a .22LR for say hunting deer or larger game.

                          NRA tends to be "pro-GOP" because Conservatives have become a very rare critter in the DNC ever since about 1968 onward.

                          Businesses like Walmart tend to be anti-union in order to reduce costs, such as labor, which will be passed on to their customers via the higher price they need to charge for the goods and/or services they provide. You could circumvent this and pay a tip-$$ to the Walmart worker whom helped you with your purchases.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by walle View Post
                            The NRA does a good job overall and definitely serves a purpose.
                            In general, yes. However, the NRA needs a fresh new image. Wayne LaPierre was ok for a while when he came onto the scene, but he needs to go. While I think he can articulate why any new anti-2nd Ad legislation is useless....I don't think he goes far enough into WHY the 2nd Ad is important..at least not in principal, which is what I think most people look over most often.

                            Then there is the internal leadership question. LaPierre, it has been suggested, is very hostile to new leadership. There has also been questions regarding expenditures. Simply put - he needs to go, and someone new should take his place. I was hoping Dana Loesch, but it does not appear so. The previous gimmick - Ollie North - was a farce. The man is a dunce and should have never been near the position to lead an organization like the NRA.

                            As far as Wal-Mart is concerned, we haven't shopped there in almost 13 years....we avoid it like the plague. This latest decision will not affect me or my family. This enterprise, since it's inception, killed more downtowns and small businesses than one can count. There are over 1,000 reasons not to spend money there, this latest news only adds one more negative point to an already long list of negatives.
                            You'll live, only the best get killed.

                            -General Charles de Gaulle

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Jose50 View Post
                              Well, the fact that WalMart will stop selling handgun ammo just makes it harder and more inconvenient for law-abiding gun owners to purchase the items that will keep them and their loved ones safe when some guy with murder on his mind also has a loaded firearm.
                              That's their problem. The responsible thing to do is support local businesses who sell ammunition. I'm sure small businesses are cheering from wall to wall with Walmart out of the picture.

                              Support your local gun range, they'll see an increase in business because of this.

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X