FACT CHECK: Trump's bluster on hurricanes, guns, economy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post

What's Trump supposed to do -- stop the wind and the rain? Maybe part the Red Sea?

True story: about three weeks after Sandy, I went Jersey to help my in-laws clean up. While outside, an old deuce-and-a-half was distributing cases of bottled to their neighbors out there on the street in front of their house. A few minutes later the mayor of their town walked by and was speaking with some of the townsfolk -- when an older women who lived in a house about 50 yds away came running up to the mayor, pointing her finger and shouting that he should have done something more to prevent the flooding and the property damage. And then she accused him of not caring enough to rescue her car from Sandy's floodwaters. Granted, he is a mayor, a politician, and in all likelihood, a bit of a pr*ck -- but he definitely ain't no superhero! He can't outrun a speeding bullet, he can't leap tall buildings in a single bound, and he can't hold back hurricane-driven storm surges. I suspect that had he even tried to rescue this bimbo's car, then he likely would have been swept away by the surge and killed -- and I have every confidence that you'll concede that even a creature as loathsome as a politician probably shouldn't risk his life to rescue some crazy old bat's car.

You don't like Trump. Well, neither do I. That being said, the reality on the ground in some place that has been struck, or is expecting to be struck, by a hurricane is that a presidential visit is the very last thing they need. The biggest favor that Trump can do for those people right now is to stay away and let the professionals do their thing.

Or maybe you're suggesting that Trump might come across as more presidential if he was more like Bill Clinton.

The original Huckster-in-Chief. Sonofabitch could even weep on demand.

You seem to be ignoring the fact that Trump scared the hurricane away from Florida.
    Can't ask him to do more than that.
    Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post

You seem to be ignoring the fact that Trump scared the hurricane away from Florida.
      Can't ask him to do more than that.
      ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
      IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
      X