FACT CHECK: Trump's bluster on hurricanes, guns, economy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FACT CHECK: Trump's bluster on hurricanes, guns, economy

TRUMP: "I'm not sure that I've ever even heard of a category 5. I knew it existed and I've seen some category 4's. You don't even see them that much. But a category 5 is something that I don't know that I've ever even heard the term other than I know it's there." — remarks Sunday at FEMA headquarters.

THE FACTS: In his third hurricane season as president, Trump has had plenty of exposure to category 5 storms.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ap-fact-c...041528922.html
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Trump on:

Kim and North Korea: Fail.
    Trump on history: Fail.
    Trump on Geography: Fail.
    Trump on common sense: Fail.
    Trump on business: Fail.
    Trump on Russia and Putin: Fail.
    Trump on allies: Fail.
    Trump on general knowledge: Fail
    Trump on weather (including hurricanes): Fail.
    Trump on Climate Change: Fail.
    Trump on personal relations: Fail.
    Trump on veracity: Fail.
    Trump on character: Fail.

Shall I go on?

Comment

Please don't...

Comment

Weight Watchers Class Fail
        "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Comment

I notice your President ran away from the floods, hurricanes and bad weather by going to Camp David high in the hills of Maryland and above the flood waters.......a REAL man of the people...

Comment

Originally posted by Bow View Post
              I notice your President ran away from the floods, hurricanes and bad weather by going to Camp David high in the hills of Maryland and above the flood waters.......a REAL man of the people...
              And played golf for two days.

Didn't he used to criticize Obama for golfing too much? And didn't he say he wouldn't do that?

So much for integrity...

And he didn't go to Poland ostensibly because of the hurricane and sent Pence instead. And then he congratulated the Poles on the 80th anniversary of War II-in which they were invaded by both Germany and Russia and suffered the deaths of 20% of their population, including the overwhelming majority of the 3 million Jewish Poles. And then Poland was taken over by the Soviets and became a satellite until the Soviet Union collapsed in 1989-1991.

What a guy!

Comment

Originally posted by Bow View Post
                Did you also happen to notice how many congress-creatures and senators rushed directly to the scene? (none) They directly represent those people.

Of course, I'm sure it's different where you are from....right?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Did you also happen to notice how many congress-creatures and senators rushed directly to the scene? (none) They directly represent those people.

Of course, I'm sure it's different where you are from....right?

All that proves is that you've got a lot of flakey politicians - doesn't excuse the guy at the top of the dung pile
                  Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
                  Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                    TRUMP: "I'm not sure that I've ever even heard of a category 5. I knew it existed and I've seen some category 4's. You don't even see them that much. But a category 5 is something that I don't know that I've ever even heard the term other than I know it's there." — remarks Sunday at FEMA headquarters.

THE FACTS: In his third hurricane season as president, Trump has had plenty of exposure to category 5 storms.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ap-fact-c...041528922.html
                    Doesn't matter...

Hillary Clinton is still a stinker and whoever the demos drag up for the 2020 election is a stinker.
                    {}

"Any story sounds true until someone tells the other side and sets the record straight." -Proverbs 18:17

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post

All that proves is that you've got a lot of flakey politicians - doesn't excuse the guy at the top of the dung pile
                      Not defending trump, but about the last thing a president should be doing is rushing into the storm area while it is in progress.
                      The local authorities do not want to have to deal with accommodating the needs of the presidential entourage while they are trying to prepare for a hurricane.
                      If he doesn't visit after the storm you can criticize him, but condemning him for not visiting areas that have not yet been damaged seems a bit of a stretch. Especially since we don't even know if there will be any damage

I live in Illinois and my State hasn't been damaged by the hurricane yet either. Should I expect trump to visit me?
                      Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post
                        I live in Illinois and my State hasn't been damaged by the hurricane yet either. Should I expect trump to visit me?
                        You should immediately jump on a plane and help the people of the Bahamas! By TDS standards, anything else is showing a lack of care.

In the big picture, this thread is just another TDS self licking ice cream cone.......it serves no purpose except to talk trash about the POTUS.

"I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post

You do know that the storm stopped at the Bahamas, right? Since it hasn't reached us yet, why should the president go to Florida? IIRC, the Bahamas used to be a British colony, so it's your leader who needs to rush down there and help out.

And why do you care what America does in the first place? Trump isn't your president, and America is not your country. You need to concentrate on saving what little is left of the grand old "British empire", eh wot?

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post

You should immediately jump on a plane and help the people of the Bahamas! By TDS standards, anything else is showing a lack of care.

In the big picture, this thread is just another TDS self licking ice cream cone.......it serves no purpose except to talk trash about the POTUS.

How is it possible for trump to ignore my need to be hugged right now?
                            He's a monster.
                            Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

You do know that the storm stopped at the Bahamas, right? Since it hasn't reached us yet, why should the president go to Florida? IIRC, the Bahamas used to be a British colony, so it's your leader who needs to rush down there and help out.

And why do you care what America does in the first place? Trump isn't your president, and America is not your country. You need to concentrate on saving what little is left of the grand old "British empire", eh wot?
                              The only reason that hurricane Dorian stopped and is now humbly crawling WAY FROM FLORIDA is POTUS trumps threat to drop a hydrogen bomb on it...….
                              https://www.msn.com/en-ca/weather/to...rible-damage-w

The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X