Biden the bigot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Massena View Post

Interesting that you have misinterpreted what was in the article. And attempting to label Biden a racist from what he said is patently a misrepresentation.
    Seems that everyone that doesn't agree with you....."misinterpreted"

There is no need to attempt to label Biden a racist, his words do it for him:

ONE. Biden kicked off his 2007 White House run by condescending to his current running mate, saying that then-Sen. Barack Obama was the "first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy."

He later apologized for the incidentóbut his penchant for crossing the line stuck with him on the campaign trail.

TWO. Biden falsely boasted that Delaware was a slave state to explain why he would remain competitive in southern primaries.

"You donít know my state. My state was a slave state Ö my state is the 8th largest black population in the country," he said.

The nationís first black governor, Virginiaís Douglas Wilder, recently blasted Biden for engaging in racially charged rhetoric. The Daily Mail reports:
    ĎSlavery is nothing to joke about. And the history of this nationís involvement with slavery is nothing to pass off in a joke.'

Suggesting that Biden was a liability to Obama, he added that Ďyou canít continue to make gaffe after gaffe after gaffe and believe that itís going to be supportive of what you and the president are both trying to do'.
    THREE. Bidenís treatment of Indian-Americans has earned him plenty of criticism. In 2006, he told an Indian-American supporter that "you cannot go to a 7-Eleven or a Dunkin' Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. I'm not joking."

FOUR. The vice president decided to practice that accent on the campaign trail in 2012. In a speech criticizing Mitt Romney for outsourcing, Biden donned an Indian accent to mock the notion of Indians trying to speak English.

"How many times you get the call, ĎI like to talk to you about your Ö credit card," he said, abandoning the mock accent. "Itís a little over done."

Biden did not mention that the Obama campaign has spent thousands of dollars on call centers owned by companies in the Philippines and Canada.

FIVE. Biden's most recent race-based gaffe, in Danville, Va., Tuesday, has increased calls to replace him on the presidential ticket. Obama is sticking by his man, defending Bidenís chain comment on Wednesday.

https://freebeacon.com/politics/top-...n-race-gaffes/

Take note, the above was from 2012.

"I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post

[I]THREE. Bidenís treatment of Indian-Americans has earned him plenty of criticism. In 2006, he told an Indian-American supporter that "you cannot go to a 7-Eleven or a Dunkin' Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. I'm not joking."
      That's East Indian, not Amerind, and in Colorado he is entirely correct, although it's most often Pakistani.

Fact of life and American Demographics.

Pointing out the facts of life is not racist or bigoted...just indicates that your reality testing is still intact.

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

ONE. Biden kicked off his 2007 White House run by condescending to his current running mate, saying that then-Sen. Barack Obama was the "first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy."

He later apologized for the incidentóbut his penchant for crossing the line stuck with him on the campaign trail.

TWO. Biden falsely boasted that Delaware was a slave state to explain why he would remain competitive in southern primaries.

"You donít know my state. My state was a slave state Ö my state is the 8th largest black population in the country," he said.

The nationís first black governor, Virginiaís Douglas Wilder, recently blasted Biden for engaging in racially charged rhetoric. The Daily Mail reports:
        ĎSlavery is nothing to joke about. And the history of this nationís involvement with slavery is nothing to pass off in a joke.'

Suggesting that Biden was a liability to Obama, he added that Ďyou canít continue to make gaffe after gaffe after gaffe and believe that itís going to be supportive of what you and the president are both trying to do'.
        THREE. Bidenís treatment of Indian-Americans has earned him plenty of criticism. In 2006, he told an Indian-American supporter that "you cannot go to a 7-Eleven or a Dunkin' Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. I'm not joking."

FOUR. The vice president decided to practice that accent on the campaign trail in 2012. In a speech criticizing Mitt Romney for outsourcing, Biden donned an Indian accent to mock the notion of Indians trying to speak English.

"How many times you get the call, ĎI like to talk to you about your Ö credit card," he said, abandoning the mock accent. "Itís a little over done."

Biden did not mention that the Obama campaign has spent thousands of dollars on call centers owned by companies in the Philippines and Canada.

FIVE. Biden's most recent race-based gaffe, in Danville, Va., Tuesday, has increased calls to replace him on the presidential ticket. Obama is sticking by his man, defending Bidenís chain comment on Wednesday.

https://freebeacon.com/politics/top-...n-race-gaffes/

Take note, the above was from 2012.

Joe Biden and Youtube: a match made in heaven.

A part of me wants Joe Biden to be President: the comedic value alone would make his hamfistedness worth it.
        I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post

Joe Biden and Youtube: a match made in heaven.

A part of me wants Joe Biden to be President: the comedic value alone would make his hamfistedness worth it.
          What does the rational part of you say?
          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

What does the rational part of you say?
            Maybe we should establish a new cabinet post: Secretary of Court Jestering.

Comment

And the current champion is

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                And the current champion is

I'll withhold judgement until I see her in a bikini.

Comment

[I]ONE. Biden kicked off his 2007 White House run by condescending to his current running mate, saying that then-Sen. Barack Obama was the "first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy."

Is it just me, or did Joe Biden call Barack Obama "a homey kinda ni**er"?

That is one of the most staggering quotes I've seen on these forums in a long time. He did everything but call him "a nice colored boy." Is Joe Biden really that out of touch? Did he spend the '60s locked in a cave or something?

Comment

That is one of the most staggering quotes I've seen on these forums in a long time. He did everything but call him "a nice colored boy." Is Joe Biden really that out of touch? Did he spend the '60s locked in a cave or something?
                    Biden has been out of touch for at least the last 20 years or so, I remember him interviewing Iraqi compliance inspectors in the early 2000s (when his hair implants were brand new) and he made about as much sense as a windshield wiper on a ducks a$$.
                    Last edited by Trung Si; 28 Aug 19, 21:28.
                    Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

How about a more up to date remark:

"We should challenge students in these schools," Mr. Biden said. "We have this notion that somehow if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/09/u...poor-kids.html
                      "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Here's an example of Biden from 2012:

The Obama campaign has been on defense since Biden claimed earlier this week before a mixed-race audience that Romney's push to repeal the financial regulation law known as Dodd-Frank amounted to his intention to put "y'all back in chains." Observers on both sides of the aisle found the remarks offensive and Biden later said he meant to use another word. In an interview, Obama himself said the "phrasing is a distraction from what's at stake."

From the same article, here is an example of the MSM twisting the story around to make it look like Romney made a racist statement:

"You notice he said anger twice; he's really trying to use racial coding and access some really deep stereotypes about the angry black man," said Toure, an African-American co-host on MSNBC's The Cycle, on Thursday. "This is part of the playbook against Obama, the 'otherization,' he's not like us," he continued. "I know it's a heavy thing, I don't say it lightly, but this is 'n______ization.' You are not one of us, you are like the scary black man who we've been trained to fear."

https://www.usnews.com/news/articles...ntial-campaign

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X