Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biden the bigot

Joe Biden said in an interview with the WaPo, said

Whomever I pick, preferably it will be someone who was of color and/or a different gender, but Im not making that commitment until I know that the person Im dealing with I can completely and thoroughly trust as authentic and on the same page [as me].
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartandhp

So, competence, ability, all those things you'd normally want from someone who is a position that might become President, are tossed out the window for gender, race, and (I'd assume) sexual orientation. That's so bigoted. It's sexist, racist, and (sexually)-phobic. Just one more reason not to vote for a Democrat. At least in Biden's case he's as, if not more so, a bigot than the Left claims Trump is.

Actually, he doesn't say that at all. what he very clearly says is that he will NOT toss out all of that just to cater to race and gender. He states unequivocally that while race and gender are all well and good, actual professional qualifications are still the main objective.

That is exactly how it should be. the most qualified person, regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      Actually, he doesn't say that at all. what he very clearly says is that he will NOT toss out all of that just to cater to race and gender. He states unequivocally that while race and gender are all well and good, actual professional qualifications are still the main objective.

It should be about merit, but he says "preferably" it will be a person of a particular race or gender.

If he said "preferably it should be a white male", people would be justifiably upset.
      What he says comes close to that.
      Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post

It should be about merit, but he says "preferably" it will be a person of a particular race or gender.

If he said "preferably it should be a white male", people would be justifiably upset.
        What he says comes close to that.
        I'm not a Biden fan - I consider him barely competent to dress himself - but I don;t see his remark as being racist, merely practical.

Personally, I would like to see either a female president, a Native American president, or a Jewish or Buddhist one, or an agnostic or an atheist. Maybe a Native America Marine who served in the Middle East.

The standard formula clearly doesn't work that well these days.

Of course, I would also like to see every member of senate and the Congress be veterans of military service, preferably in combat so they understand the true costs of ordering people into wars that gain nothing, and the need to provide benefits to our veterans who give all.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
          Joe Biden said in an interview with the WaPo, said

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartandhp

So, competence, ability, all those things you'd normally want from someone who is a position that might become President, are tossed out the window for gender, race, and (I'd assume) sexual orientation. That's so bigoted. It's sexist, racist, and (sexually)-phobic. Just one more reason not to vote for a Democrat. At least in Biden's case he's as, if not more so, a bigot than the Left claims Trump is.
          So eager to put the boot in that you can't even read your own article...

but Im not making that commitment until I know that the person Im dealing with I can completely and thoroughly trust as authentic and on the same page

Comment

That's not what he says at all. He puts race and gender first, then qualifies it by saying:

"...but I'm not making that commitment until I know that the person I'm dealing with I can completely and thoroughly trust as authentic and on the same page [as me]."

"You've got to have somebody you can turn to."

(Obama) "knew that he and I had the same value set and the same political disposition as what we should do, and he knew if I ever had any doubt, I would come back to him, Biden added. That's what I most want in whomever I pick. They've got to be simpatico with what I stand for and with what I want to get done."
            That says to me that he wants someone who is of the same political views and can be trusted on those views. Nowhere in that does he talk about competence or qualifications beyond being the right race, gender, and political mindset. Obama was of marginal competence and certainly Biden didn't add anything to that.

As an example of that, Obama put Biden as his spearhead on getting gun control legislation passed during his second term. That went absolutely nowhere. Biden proved just as incompetent as Obama at moving that forward with Congress and the public.

So, I see Biden's statements as more about political correctness, gender and race equality as the Left defines those, and making sure his running mate is a reliable, correct, political mindset rather than someone of competence. A vacuous chair warmer would be fine with Biden. It also doesn't excuse his overt bigotry of putting gender and race at the forefront of his criteria for a vice president.

Comment

I'm not a Biden fan - I consider him barely competent to dress himself - but I don;t see his remark as being racist, merely practical.

Personally, I would like to see either a female president, a Native American president, or a Jewish or Buddhist one, or an agnostic or an atheist. Maybe a Native America Marine who served in the Middle East.

The standard formula clearly doesn't work that well these days.

Of course, I would also like to see every member of senate and the Congress be veterans of military service, preferably in combat so they understand the true costs of ordering people into wars that gain nothing, and the need to provide benefits to our veterans who give all.
              I was agreeing with you, but don't think I was clear on that point.
              I don't think that Joe meant to sound racist, but I suspect that if he (or trump) said what I suggested the left would castigate him for being racist.

I would happily agree with your suggestion.
              Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

That's not what he says at all. He puts race and gender first, then qualifies it by saying:

"but I'm not making that commitment until I know that the person I'm dealing with I can completely trust and on the same page [as me].

Youve got to have somebody you can turn to. . . . .
                - emphasis mine

Maybe that's the scarier part of the quote. He's already putting up an ideological litmus test for his prospective nominees. "Whether my nominee is a competent administrator is less important than his lockstep attitude towards ideological purity." If the pompous bastard is looking for slavish devotion, then why doesn't he just clone his nominees, or adopt them from the local dog kennel?
                I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
                  - emphasis mine

Maybe that's the scarier part of the quote. He's already putting up an ideological litmus test for his prospective nominees. "Whether my nominee is a competent administrator is less important than his lockstep attitude towards ideological purity." If the pompous bastard is looking for slavish devotion, then why doesn't he just clone his nominees, or adopt them from the local dog kennel?
                  We're of like mind on that, but then again, that is how Progressives and the Left roll...

Comment

Friendly reminder:

Sarah Palin
                    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                    - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
                      Friendly reminder:

Sarah Palin

Comment

Yes, why let facts get in the way of your partisan ranting.
                        "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                        - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

We're of like mind on that, but then again, that is how Progressives and the Left roll...
                          Interesting that you have misinterpreted what was in the article. And attempting to label Biden a racist from what he said is patently a misrepresentation.

Aren't you one of the Trumpers who consistently accuses the media of being 'fake news'? Yet you are citing an article from the Washington Post? Incredible.

Comment

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post

I was agreeing with you, but don't think I was clear on that point.
                            I don't think that Joe meant to sound racist, but I suspect that if he (or trump) said what I suggested the left would castigate him for being racist.

I would happily agree with your suggestion.
                            Of course he will be accused of being racist no matter how he said it. That's the way the slimy game is being played now.

Comment

That says to me that he wants someone who is of the same political views and can be trusted on those views. Nowhere in that does he talk about competence or qualifications beyond being the right race, gender, and political mindset. Obama was of marginal competence and certainly Biden didn't add anything to that.

As an example of that, Obama put Biden as his spearhead on getting gun control legislation passed during his second term. That went absolutely nowhere. Biden proved just as incompetent as Obama at moving that forward with Congress and the public.

So, I see Biden's statements as more about political correctness, gender and race equality as the Left defines those, and making sure his running mate is a reliable, correct, political mindset rather than someone of competence. A vacuous chair warmer would be fine with Biden. It also doesn't excuse his overt bigotry of putting gender and race at the forefront of his criteria for a vice president.
                              Vacuous chair warmers are quite popular these days, and the Senate and the Congress have been demonstrating for decades.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X