X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TactiKill J.
    replied
    Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

As for firearms purchase, more laws aren't going to do anything to fix the problems there.
    Won't stop them from implementing more laws. The point is, things like National ID gives them more ways, more potential, to restrict law abiding citizens.

Leave a comment:

• T. A. Gardner
    replied
    Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post

Don't give a damn. What happens when democrats mandate that a national ID is required to purchase a gun? What happens when that combined information is then used to restrict travel or freedom of so called red flag individuals? But, let me guess, you probably support red flag laws too..

Give the government an inch and they'll slowly take a mile.
    The problem with that is most of that is already in place to one extent or another. For example, air travel has already become an onerous and invasive process. Going through the ticketing and security process is a combination of insanity and unnecessary waiting in line for every part of it. There's already "No-fly" lists in place.

As for firearms purchase, more laws aren't going to do anything to fix the problems there. Take the Dayton shooter. A friend (and not for the first time either) bought most of his firearms as a straw buyer. The FBI busted him after the fact, and one of the charges is the guy uses marijuana which is by some federal regulation one of the things (illegal drug use) that bars you from being able to purchase a firearm already. The guy lied on the form and said he didn't use... Go figure...

Red flag laws probably won't do much if anything to stop crazies from getting firearms. I've already pointed out that flamethrowers aren't regulated at all, and you can get detailed instructions on how to make one off YouTube for example. Or, you can just buy a professionally made one.

Come on... You can even get a flamethrower drone!

Or, if you prefer doing it yourself...

They're not regulated at all by the feds or anyone else...

Leave a comment:

• TactiKill J.
    replied
    Actually, Real ID does accomplish several useful goals
    Don't give a damn. What happens when democrats mandate that a national ID is required to purchase a gun? What happens when that combined information is then used to restrict travel or freedom of so called red flag individuals? But, let me guess, you probably support red flag laws too..

Give the government an inch and they'll slowly take a mile.

Leave a comment:

• T. A. Gardner
    replied
    Actually, Real ID does accomplish several useful goals and does so really at minimal or no cost to states. Since the process uses existing driver's licenses with just small changes to appearance and information, that part is really no more or less expensive than it was previously.

But, things that Real ID does accomplish:

1. It will identify those here illegally who get driver's licenses in states where illegals can get a license, like California. Since illegals won't be able to meet the documentation requirements for a real ID license they'll get one that says it isn't federally compliant.

2. It standardizes the information necessary to get a real ID license. You can still opt not to get one, but it will limit your travel options if you don't have another form of compliant ID like a passport or military ID card.

3. It makes forging false ID's harder by the standards imposed. Right now, depending on state, getting a forged ID or driver's license can be relatively simple to do.

Leave a comment:

• Trung Si
    replied
    Originally posted by Herman Hum View Post
    I beg to differ. Big Brother has been active since 1972, under the Echelon surveillance system. Nixon was President, at the time.
    I agree, big brother has been with us for a long time and he did it in small increments, the latest big one is the the Patriot Act, and the current one by Trump concerning the citizenship question in the census, I am a conservative, but I am too much of a libertarian for all that BS!

Leave a comment:

• Herman Hum
    replied
    Big brother has been in America since the Patriot Act and continues to grow. This is nothing new or unexpected.
    I beg to differ. Big Brother has been active since 1972, under the Echelon surveillance system. Nixon was President, at the time.

Leave a comment:

• TactiKill J.
    replied
    "This proposal is one more step away from the Founding Fathers' vision of a limited federal government. Our greatest homeland security is liberty, and the Founding Fathers believed our greatest threat to liberty was a central government grown too powerful. Accordingly, they set up checks on federal power by vesting authority at the individual and state levels.

REAL ID disrupts this delicate balance of power in two ways. First, it turns the Founders' logic on its head by forcing states to act as agents for the federal government in creating a national ID card for federal purposes. Needing a REAL ID to board a plane or enter a federal building would also change the balance of power in something as seemingly insignificant as a visit to a member of Congress."

- Lamar Alexander

We are, after all, for the first time in our history actually creating a national identification card with all the ramifications of that. That is what the REAL ID law did.

Yet we impose on every State in this country a total of $11 billion worth of unfunded mandates, and we create for the first time in the history of a liberty- loving nation a national identification card. I would say we wouldn't be doing our job if we didn't stop and think about what we have done.

- Mark Sanford

https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/f...v-real-id-card

Already discussed. No surprise the RINOs of the forum didn't care.

Leave a comment:

• T. A. Gardner
    replied

I was referring to the national ID act that Bush initiated and Trump forced to an earlier release date.
    You have a social security card / number? How about a passport? Nothing new with the above other than trying to get everyone to get one.

Leave a comment:

• TactiKill J.
    replied

Unlike AlGore, inventor of the Internet and expert on Gorebal Warming, I've never heard Trump claim that he invented or anything else with 5G.
    I was referring to the national ID act that Bush initiated and Trump forced to an earlier release date.

Leave a comment:

• T. A. Gardner
    replied

Yes. You can thank Trump for that.
    Unlike AlGore, inventor of the Internet and expert on Gorebal Warming, I've never heard Trump claim that he invented or anything else with 5G.

Leave a comment:

• TactiKill J.
    replied
    Originally posted by SRV Ron View Post

By 2020, you WILL need the enhance ID if you want to fly domestic airline IN THE US. It is not just New York requiring it either.
    https://www.tsa.gov/news/releases/20...plane-starting

MM, all 5G has done is make it easier to collect the data for the NSA and the Chinese
    Yes. You can thank Trump for that.

Leave a comment:

• SRV Ron
    replied
    Originally posted by Massena View Post
    Rampant paranoia once again.
    I'm so happy that you don't see an issue with such data collection on your behavior that can be used to control your behavior under the threat that you could be denied a freedom such as getting a better job or traveling freely such as being denied an enhance Government ID.

I know that the US isn't China - yet.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/zakdoff.../#43666cf21ef4
    And, The New York Times. You will need to give this Far Left commentary of so called news money if you want to read the entire article
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/08/b...echnology.html

By 2020, you WILL need the enhance ID if you want to fly domestic airline IN THE US. It is not just New York requiring it either.
    https://www.tsa.gov/news/releases/20...plane-starting

MM, all 5G has done is make it easier to collect the data for the NSA and the Chinese

Leave a comment:

• TactiKill J.
    replied
    Big brother has been in America since the Patriot Act and continues to grow. This is nothing new or unexpected.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    We have had 5G phones here n America for quite a while. I've got one and I've had it for over a year.

And Big Brother has been with us for a long time now, since 9/11.

Leave a comment:

• Massena
    replied
    Rampant paranoia once again.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X