Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guess Who's Coming to Dinner?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Guess Who's Coming to Dinner?

    Just a little surprise at the G7:

    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...cid=spartandhp

    'Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif made a surprise visit to the city hosting the Group of Seven summit Sunday, a move that caught President Trump off-guard and added another element of tension to the meeting of world economic leaders.'

    'Zarif's arrival in Biarritz appeared to be a covert initiative by French President Emmanuel Macron, a senior European official said, and other leaders were not informed ahead of time. There was no immediate plan for the Iranian foreign minister to meet anyone other than French officials, officials said.'

    It must have been like having an elephant in the room.



  • #2
    This is why you don't want France as an ally... And, it was more like a mime playing an accordion than an elephant...

    Comment


    • #3
      Oh f Without the French we would have remained a colony for another 100 years.
      "Ask not what your country can do for you"

      Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

      you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
        This is why you don't want France as an ally... And, it was more like a mime playing an accordion than an elephant...
        I don't believe that either George Washington or Benjamin Franklin would agree with you.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Massena View Post

          I don't believe that either George Washington or Benjamin Franklin would agree with you.
          When they reinstall a Louis as monarch we will take them back until then…...
          Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Tsar View Post

            When they reinstall a Louis as monarch we will take them back until then…...
            So you prefer a monarchy over a constitutional republic? No wonder you support Trump...

            Do you recall what happened to Louis XVI and his Queen? Not a pleasant ending...

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Tsar View Post

              When they reinstall a Louis as monarch we will take them back until then…...
              WE well take them back...? Translate! The question might be when well they and many of our old friends take us back? Hopfully post Nov 2020. At the present rate our goverment well have few friends. Fortunatly most people know the difference between us, the people, and our disgusting government
              "Ask not what your country can do for you"

              Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

              you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Massena View Post

                So you prefer a monarchy over a constitutional republic? No wonder you support Trump...

                Do you recall what happened to Louis XVI and his Queen? Not a pleasant ending...
                Do you recall what happened afterwards...?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Looks like Trump gave his approval:

                  https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...it/2114834001/
                  "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                    This is why you don't want France as an ally... And, it was more like a mime playing an accordion than an elephant...
                    Did you mean to post a link?
                    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                      Oh f Without the French we would have remained a colony for another 100 years.
                      That was then...this is now. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
                      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Nichols View Post
                        Looks like Trump gave his approval:

                        https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...it/2114834001/
                        You'rel ink triggers a large protest that an ad blocker is on which blots out the entire page.

                        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

                          You'rel ink triggers a large protest that an ad blocker is on which blots out the entire page.

                          Shows up on the phone with no problem. I check it on the computer later on. It will trigger people here probably.....the ones that think Macron would try to surprise Trump and the Secret Service with an unannounced visit.
                          "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

                            Do you recall what happened afterwards...?
                            Do you? After Louis and his queen 'sneezed into the basket' there was a violent French revolution, which was ongoing when Louis and his queen were executed. There was also a general European war that lasted from 1792-1815. Napoleon put an end to the Revolution, and remade France while keeping most of the social gains of the Revolution.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              A trolling post from T.A. Gardner that added nothing to the discussion was removed.
                              Please refrain from posting of this type in the future.
                              Thank you
                              ACG Staff


                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X