Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donald Trump Unhinged

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/22/opini...lon/index.html

'There are countries that have endured unhinged leaders before. I'm thinking of Britain during the reign of King George the III, whose years of delusion were depicted in the 1994 film "The Madness of King George." Our current civic stress test in the United States is coming courtesy of a President whose narcissistic impulses seem to be getting worse. One recent day crystallized those concerns.'

'Imagine any other president in our history looking toward the sky and proclaiming himself "the chosen one." That came hours after President Donald Trump retweeted conspiracy theorist Wayne Allyn Root, who stated "the Jewish people in Israel love him ... like he's the King of Israel. They love him like he is the second coming of God... ." Yes, that would be the President of the United States laying claim to the title "King of Israel" and the second coming of God, also known as the Messiah.'

We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
    Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
    To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

I believe some others are getting unhinged as well!
    Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
      'Imagine any other president in our history looking toward the sky and proclaiming himself "the chosen one."
      When did he call himself the chosen one? I think this is another CNN twisting to their agenda.

Heck, even Snopes has an issue with this newest CNN twist:

What's True

In a brief aside during remarks about the ongoing U.S.-China trade war, Trump said "I am the chosen one."

What's False

Trump's "chosen one" aside was likely tongue-in-cheek, not a sincere profession of any belief in his own messianic status. Separately, in a series of tweets, Trump quoted a radio host who claimed Jewish people in Israel admired the U.S. president so greatly that it was as though Trump were the King of Israel or the second coming of Christ. Trump never himself articulated any such belief.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/tr...g-king-israel/
      "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

"Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

What's True

In a brief aside during remarks about the ongoing U.S.-China trade war, Trump said "I am the chosen one."

Comment

Yep, and it was on film on national television.
            Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post

When did he call himself the chosen one? I think this is another CNN twisting to their agenda.
              'Twisting' in the wind:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...na/2073107001/

'"I am the chosen one," Trump added, looking up at the sky. "Somebody had to do it. So I'm taking on China. I'm taking on China in trade, and you know what, we're winning."'

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...en-one-1674796

'President Donald Trump on Wednesday adopted a religious theme in describing his role in picking a trade fight with China, saying: "I am the chosen one."'

Regarding the 'retweet' that Trump sent regarding Jews, it was from a known conspiracy theorist and if you retweet something, without any conditions on the action, then it is apparent that you agree with it.

Just being curious, how can you continue to stand up for a person who is evidently an inept and dishonest person?

Comment

...Trump's "chosen one" aside was likely tongue-in-cheek...
                I've seen the clip. He was certainly not being tongue-in-cheek.

Comment

I doubt if Trump even understands what 'tongue-in-cheek' means.

Comment

A post by Half Pint John addressed to another poster and adding nothing to the thread was removed.
                    Thank you
                    ACG Staff

Comment

Originally posted by III Corps View Post

I've seen the clip. He was certainly not being tongue-in-cheek.
                      The was Snopes that claimed that.
                      "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

More Trump lies:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/tr...cid=spartandhp

'Speaking to reporters on the White House’s South Lawn on Wednesday, President Trump claimed he was warmly welcomed at hospitals in the wake of recent mass shootings in El Paso and Dayton, Ohio, and intimated that surgeons had even deserted their patients to meet him.'

'“The doctors were coming out of the operating rooms,” Trump said. “There were hundreds and hundreds of people all over the floor. You couldn’t even walk on it.”'

'But the hospitals he visited say that isn’t what happened — and that doctors would never pause surgery to greet the president.'

'“At no time did, or would, physicians or staff leave active operating rooms during the presidential visit,” Ryan Mielke, a spokesman for University Medical Center of El Paso, said in a statement to The Washington Post on Thursday. “Our priority is always patient care.”'

Comment

But in Trump's World

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
                            I doubt if Trump even understands what 'tongue-in-cheek' means.
                            Betcha Stormy Daniels knows what "tongue-in-cheek" means. . . . .

Rimshot
                            I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Heck, even Snopes has an issue with this newest CNN twist:

What's True

What's False

Trump's "chosen one" aside was likely tongue-in-cheek, not a sincere profession of any belief in his own messianic status. Separately, in a series of tweets, Trump quoted a radio host who claimed Jewish people in Israel admired the U.S. president so greatly that it was as though Trump were the King of Israel or the second coming of Christ. Trump never himself articulated any such belief.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/tr...g-king-israel/
                              IIANM, he used the Expression as he left the theatre showing Carmen Electra's movie, 'Raven'.
                              with a dreamy expression on his face.
                              The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X