US Steel Layoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post

Can you think of an example of such, an easily won trade war? I can't.
    Isn't that more or less a Trump quote?
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Loss of revenues due to increased export restrictions from the other side of recent trade wars?
      From the article I read (some business e-zine) US Steel began a major upgrade of its steel plants using nearly all their capital. I tried to find it again (it was on my Yahoo news feed below an article on Boeing's new contract to re-wing another 110 A-10s). The steel market proved softer than expected, and so income has not arrived in large enough numbers forcing them to lay off a number of workers. From this and other articles it appears to be a TLO and not an ILO.

Tuebor

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall_Jack View Post
        You know your kitchen folks well the pots and pans are are made of steel and they should be made of American steel. The pan I just got is made in America , says right on the pan heavyweight steel. So it’s nice to see we still make some of our steel.

Without a high number of steel, auto or middle class jobs the country is at risk of becoming more violent , we will see more and more divorces , financial crisis and a society where greed and anti Americanism take hold. Even tucker Carlson on fox points out the downfall of the Us middle class. Folks think about it, this is an issue the media does not always cover that is the downfall of the American middle class and with that a higher and higher divorce rate along with so many kids born it of wedlock and born into poverty. People here in there 60s and 70s grew up in a much better country compared to young men and women that are growing up today. The hope is we can have a pro American leader to take hold of our country
        We don't need a "pro-American leader" - we already have one. What we need is a pro-American Congress that doesn't block every attempt to fix problems while creating more problems of their pwn while robbing America blind.
        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

If selling America resources to the highest bidder is your idea of Pro American. How many problems has he fixed? How many has he caused?

pro-American Congress that doesn't block every attempt to fix problems while creating more problem
          With Moscow Mitch blocking everything he doesn't like from getting to the floor Congress isn't going far
          "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

We don't need a "pro-American leader" - we already have one.
            We do? And who would that be?

And Moscow Mitch in the Senate is blocking passed legislation from the House-he won't let it come up for a vote. He's the one stopping problems getting fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post

We do? And who would that be?

And Moscow Mitch in the Senate is blocking passed legislation from the House-he won't let it come up for a vote. He's the one stopping problems getting fixed.
              And, Democrat Senate leader Harry Reid did the exact same thing for years... Seems that's how Congress (doesn't) works now.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

And, Democrat Senate leader Harry Reid did the exact same thing for years... Seems that's how Congress (doesn't) works now.
                Reid is no longer there. McConnell is and he is the problem in the Senate-that and the fact that the 'Republicans' fear Trump.

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post

Reid is no longer there. McConnell is and he is the problem in the Senate-that and the fact that the 'Republicans' fear Trump.
                  Doesn't change my comment that this is hardly some new development unique to the Republicans or Trump being in office. The point of that being is you make it sound like it is new and unique.

Comment

Can you think of an example of such, an easily won trade war? I can't.
                    HMMMM....I believe the Tallow and hide conflict between Mercia and Wessex was resolved fast when both sides realised that the
                    Danes wee marching in from Yorkshire

Other then that, the garnet wheat dispute between British flour producers and Canada, which ended in 1936- 38 when Canada stopped being completely silly and the Garnet infused bread wheat stocks were quietly sold to prison food programs.....
                    Last edited by marktwain; 24 Aug 19, 12:43. Reason: not so great moments in the Great White...
                    The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

We don't need a "pro-American leader" - we already have one. What we need is a pro-American Congress that doesn't block every attempt to fix problems while creating more problems of their pwn while robbing America blind.
                      so what you are saying is that the current incumbent is a failure,- or are you posting a logical paradox?

Comment

The actual facts of the story without the spin:
                        One year after announcing a $750 million revitalization of its northwest Indiana facilities, U.S. Steel is idling its tin mill in East Chicago and laying off about 150 workers due to “high levels of low-priced imported tin,” the company said Friday.

The tin mill will stop production by mid-November, with roughly half of its 297 employees expected to land at U.S. Steel’s other northwest Indiana facilities — Gary Works and the Midwest Plant in Portage, the company said.
                        https://www.chicagotribune.com/busin...deu-story.html
                        Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
                        Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

Doesn't change my comment that this is hardly some new development unique to the Republicans or Trump being in office. The point of that being is you make it sound like it is new and unique.
                          It's worse than it ever was and that is because of Trump and the Republicans in the Senate who are afraid to cross him.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
                            The actual facts of the story without the spin:

https://www.chicagotribune.com/busin...deu-story.html
                            I was mainly talking about the Great Lakes Works, which produces steel, not tin.

Comment

Originally posted by johns624 View Post

I was mainly talking about the Great Lakes Works, which produces steel, not tin.
                              Rather ironic, when municipalities are really eager for steel to shore up breakwaters and seawalls around the record high great Lakes

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X