Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is Not a Joking Matter

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • This is Not a Joking Matter

    Trump is a draft dodger, a coward, a low-life, and a lousy president. Then he 'jokes' about giving himself a medal of honor...decorations for valor in combat are not a joking matter and what Trump did is an insult not only to every service member past and present but to every combat veteran. Medal of Honor and Trump are two terms that should never be uttered in the same context or sentence by anyone, least of all president bone-spur.

    https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...-honor-1470950

    'President Donald Trump claimed to laughter on Wednesday that he sought to give himself a Medal of Honor, but decided not to after being counseled against the move by aides.'

    'The offhand remark from the president came during his address to the 75th annual national convention of American Veterans, a volunteer-led veterans service organization also known as AMVETS.'
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
    Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
    To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

  • #2
    He is our favorite ASStranot
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

    Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

    you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

    Comment


    • #3
      I'm sure that you have noticed that the forum's Trumpers have remained conspicuously silent on this matter as well as Trump pronouncing himself as 'the chosen one.' Incredible wouldn't you say?
      We are not now that strength which in old days
      Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
      Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
      To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

      Comment


      • #4
        What is incredibly is how childishly anti Trumpers respond to his provocations. After three years you would think they would have caught on to his manipulations that send his opponents into apoplectic fits. What Trump has proven is how incredibly thin the establishment veneer of respectability is. The more outrageous he is the more the curtain is drawn back.
        We hunt the hunters

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Massena View Post
          I'm sure that you have noticed that the forum's Trumpers have remained conspicuously silent on this matter as well as Trump pronouncing himself as 'the chosen one.' Incredible wouldn't you say?
          Trump supporters are always silent on topics that they haven't seen covered by their RW outlets.
          They need to wait to hear the talking points before chiming in.

          The weekends are grueling for RW audiences. I was listening to Rush a couple months back when a caller was so furious over the weekend that she needed to wait for Rush to explain it to her on Monday.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
            What is incredibly is how childishly anti Trumpers respond to his provocations. After three years you would think they would have caught on to his manipulations that send his opponents into apoplectic fits. What Trump has proven is how incredibly thin the establishment veneer of respectability is. The more outrageous he is the more the curtain is drawn back.
            PLEASE but what the F does Trump know about respect or respectability?
            "Ask not what your country can do for you"

            Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

            you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by inevtiab1e View Post
              Trump supporters are always silent on topics that they haven't seen covered by their RW outlets.
              They need to wait to hear the talking points before chiming in.

              The weekends are grueling for RW audiences. I was listening to Rush a couple months back when a caller was so furious over the weekend that she needed to wait for Rush to explain it to her on Monday.
              wow.
              Life must be easy when you are able to make judgments on whole groups based on what one person said. You must be a god or something.


              This may surprise you, but some of the anti-trump threads are so ridiculous as to not warrant a response.


              As for this thread:
              Trump made an arguably bad joke..... the MONSTER!



              When he says or does something that does more than just hurt your feelings, I may be inclined to comment.
              Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

              Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

              Comment


              • #8
                Trump makes a joke, one in poor taste, and we get mass TDS....

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                  Trump makes a joke, one in poor taste, and we get mass TDS....

                  That sounds like something a white supremacist racist would say.



                  Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

                  Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post

                    wow.
                    Life must be easy when you are able to make judgments on whole groups based on what one person said. You must be a god or something.


                    This may surprise you, but some of the anti-trump threads are so ridiculous as to not warrant a response.


                    As for this thread:
                    Trump made an arguably bad joke..... the MONSTER!



                    When he says or does something that does more than just hurt your feelings, I may be inclined to comment.
                    How does Trump hinting to give himself the Medal of Honor equate to something that hurts my feelings?
                    I could care less, but the only reason it's important is because it's coming out of the POTUS' mouth. Beneath the office. It's not a joking matter and Donald isn't bright enough to know the Medal of Honor is not something he's capable of receiving.

                    I guess 99.9% of the nonsense out of Trump should be chalked up to joking around then? Or is it only joking after Trump realizes he said something stupid? Seems like an easy defense to continue acting like a moron.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by inevtiab1e View Post
                      How does Trump hinting to give himself the Medal of Honor equate to something that hurts my feelings?
                      I could care less, but the only reason it's important is because it's coming out of the POTUS' mouth. Beneath the office. It's not a joking matter and Donald isn't bright enough to know the Medal of Honor is not something he's capable of receiving.

                      I guess 99.9% of the nonsense out of Trump should be chalked up to joking around then? Or is it only joking after Trump realizes he said something stupid? Seems like an easy defense to continue acting like a moron.
                      Well, at least Trump was only joking about it. LBJ did actually award himself a Silver Star for an airplane tour of rear areas of the SWPA in WW 2. He also got himself appointed as a Lieutenant Commander in the USNR shortly before war broke out. Direct appointment to such a rank is extremely unusual, particularly in the naval service.

                      https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ews.humanities

                      https://historynewsnetwork.org/article/153

                      Everything about Johnson's military service smacks of favoritism and abuse of office.

                      I put this in the same category as John Kerry's detestable actions as a naval officer.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

                        Well, at least Trump was only joking about it.
                        Sure he was.

                        Trump likes to get things and compliments without working for them.

                        We are not now that strength which in old days
                        Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
                        Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
                        To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                          Trump makes a joke, one in poor taste, and we get mass TDS....
                          The medal of honor, nor any other combat decoration, is not a joking matter. And saying that it was 'in poor taste' is a clear understatement.

                          What other excuses for Trump's execrable actions can you dream up?
                          We are not now that strength which in old days
                          Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
                          Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
                          To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Massena View Post

                            Sure he was.

                            Trump likes to get things and compliments without working for them.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Massena View Post

                              The medal of honor, nor any other combat decoration, is not a joking matter. And saying that it was 'in poor taste' is a clear understatement.

                              What other excuses for Trump's execrable actions can you dream up?
                              The "for rearranging the filing cabinets" medal



                              "Four years undetected crime" medal



                              Geedunk award



                              I could go on. This sort of thing is common in the military, but maybe you missed that somehow...

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X