Trump cancels Denmark visit amid spat over sale of Greenland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump cancels Denmark visit amid spat over sale of Greenland

While praising Denmark as a "very special country", Mr Trump said in a tweet on Tuesday that his planned visit would no longer go ahead because Ms Frederiksen had "no interest in discussing the purchase of Greenland".

Seriously........

And Trump is "offended" because the prime minister of Denmark said is was an absurd idea.

This has to be fake news.
    "For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return"

That from an absurd President. SOS.
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Rutger View Post

Seriously........

And Trump is "offended" because the prime minister of Denmark said is was an absurd idea.[/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]
      Not offended, just not wasting a visit when the primary subject is not gong to be open for discussion.

I'm not sure what reaction he expected, but the rejection seems pretty straightforward and rational to me.
      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
        That from an absurd President. SOS.
        WARNING!! SEVERE TDS ALERT!! ALL DEMOCRATS REMAIN INDOORS UNTIL THE ALL CLEAR!! PEOPLE SUFFERING FROM TDS ARE WARNED TO TIE THEMSELVES TO LARGE OBJECTS SUCH AS HEAVY FURNITURE IN ORDER TO AVOID RUNNING CRAZED INTO THE STREETS AND SUFFERING NEEDLESS INJURIES!!

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Not offended, just not wasting a visit when the primary subject is not gong to be open for discussion.

I'm not sure what reaction he expected, but the rejection seems pretty straightforward and rational to me.
          Really? Check his twitter feed.....

​​​​​​

Comment

I can get a good Danish anywhere...

I suggest Trump just stop at the local Starbucks and get one...

Comment

"Trump canceled because the primary subject is not open for discussion". Seriously? .

"I’m thinking about going there. I’m not necessarily, definitely going there, but I may be going. We're going to Poland and then we may be going to Denmark – not for this reason at all, but we're looking at it," Trump said.
              And yes, Trump cancelled because he felt offended. Watch the news and listen to what he said.

Face it, Trump acted like a childish bully.
              "For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return"

Comment

I think that the US should buy the Netherlands. That'll be $24 adjusted for inflation . . . .

I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

WARNING!! SEVERE TDS ALERT!! ALL DEMOCRATS REMAIN INDOORS UNTIL THE ALL CLEAR!! PEOPLE SUFFERING FROM TDS ARE WARNED TO TIE THEMSELVES TO LARGE OBJECTS SUCH AS HEAVY FURNITURE IN ORDER TO AVOID RUNNING CRAZED INTO THE STREETS AND SUFFERING NEEDLESS INJURIES!!

I'm right out of robot Cartons. Will polar bears do?

The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

Expert Guardian analysis . Russia is behind this because it is apparently in Russia's interest to have US control potential hydrocarbon resources in Greenland and have the US obtain an even greater say in the Arctic...

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...utins-puppetry

Comment

I believe the original official reason for his visit was due to an invitation from the Queen of Denmark. Referring to the Danish PM's reaction as "nasty" is quite rich, considering the President's typical use of language...

Comment

Trump thought buying Greenland is the Green New Deal.
                        "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Persephone View Post
                          Trump thought buying Greenland is the Green New Deal.
                          A much better one than that offered by 'The Squad' and the Minions of Ignorance.

Comment

Everyone is talking about Trump, Greenland, Denmark, and the Evil Israelis.

Meanwhile in Arizona. . .

Construction has quietly begun on sixty-three miles of The Wall.[1] Also largely coming in under the radar, Planned Parenthood has decouple from Federal spending.

[1] Much to the disgust of my nephew as his internship just ended with above company, and he has to go back to college.

Tuebor

Comment

Originally posted by Skoblin View Post
                              Expert Guardian analysis . Russia is behind this because it is apparently in Russia's interest to have US control potential hydrocarbon resources in Greenland and have the US obtain an even greater say in the Arctic...

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...utins-puppetry
                              That one was distinctly odd. To be fair what it pointed out was that it is a matter of track record that it is in the Russian government's interest, as it perceives it, to sow dissension between the US and its European NATO allies.

The example of ticking off the Danes clearly was all out of Trump's increasingly incoherent playbook though. (No one in the Kremlin would have come up with something that absurd.)

Presumably nothing he's trying in his foreign policy is really going right for him. And now the chickens are coming home to roost sufficiently quick and fast to possibly penetrate even the thickness of his filters against reality. So he's becoming increasingly embittered and embattled. It might be dawning on him people are actually laughing, between bouts of possibly being aghast...

And he can't just command a sympathetic crowd to assemble, like he does in US domestic politics, as soon as he steps into the international politics situation either. So the more he engages with it (the more events force him to have to deal with it) the more unhappy he is likely to become.

Comment

Working...
                              X