Great leadership from Obama and GWB that Trump can learn from

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great leadership from Obama and GWB that Trump can learn from

Both Obama and GWB have been able to get Americans of all stripes united.

Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
    Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

George S Patton

They were both presidential, Trump is just a thug with money.
    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
    - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
      What do you have against thugs?
      "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

youíre entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

In Obama's case, he spends over five minutes in a huge series of logical fallacies trying to explain why his administration doesn't want to use or say "radical Islam." I certainly wasn't impressed at the time by this, and am not now. I also really disliked how Obama would use "I" frequently when speaking, as if he and he alone were responsible for everything and anything so long as it was a positive.

He uses the term "extremist groups" as his preferred naming of radical Islamic terrorist groups. He leaves out entirely that they are acting on a religious theme and basis. It would be like calling the Nazis "German extremists," or say, the Viet Cong, "Political opposition." It's an attempt to water down an enemy into little more than some guys you disagree with.

Obama did nothing to bring people together doing this. He tried to justify his political rhetoric when faced with serious objections to it. This is probably the video that did the most damage to Obama's administration on this subject.

When you have your close officials contorting themselves to the point Holder did to avoid a phrase or term, you have a problem.

On the other hand, Bush goes to the podium with a group behind him to show that not all of Muslims were involved in 9/11. He doesn't try to justify his rhetoric as Obama was doing, but rather tell America that while there are evil Muslims, not all Muslims are evil.

Comment

When I think of Presidents with great leadership qualities, Obama and GW do not come quickly to my mind. Just thinking about those two makes me think of Ford and Carter.

Pruitt
          Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
            When I think of Presidents with great leadership qualities, Obama and GW do not come quickly to my mind. Just thinking about those two makes me think of Ford and Carter.

Pruitt
            Obama was an empty suit that could talk a good game. He was a mediocre President, and that's being generous.

Bush II was average. Nothing special there.

Ford was a seat warmer there just to finish out Nixon's term after resigning in disgrace, so I really can't hold it against him that he did nothing in particular while in office.

Carter was terrible. He only got elected as a backlash against Republicans for Nixon.

Comment

What makes you think that he has money other than him telling you how rich he is and dosnt pay any income tax...........going on information that is available he has been bankrupt at least 12 times, stiffed workers on his many projects, left bills unpaid, bullied and cheated people , has any number of illegals employed on his property's, and no doubt stiffs the American tax payer for his weekend golf games.

Comment

For all of Trump's and Obama's failings -- which are legion, to be sure -- at least they've not chosen to invade some whole other country and depose its government and saddle the United States with a decade-long occupation in a fit of pique.

War is always the most dangerous policy option: once the bullets start flying, not even The Amazing Kreskin can tell where they're going to land. Starting a strictly elective war and then proceeding to lose it: that's the cardinal sin of politics. Forget about being lucky enough to win a second term

Geo W Bush is lucky he didn't end in some basement.

I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

Obama was an empty suit that could talk a good game. He was a mediocre President, and that's being generous.
                  Obama was all talk, as lame as a day is long -- but he wasn't patently destructive, a la Geo W Bush.

Bush II was average. Nothing special there.
                  One of the worst ever: losing an elective war tends to tarnish a chief executive's reputation that way.

Ford was a seat warmer there just to finish out Nixon's term after resigning in disgrace, so I really can't hold it against him that he did nothing in particular while in office.
                  He was mildly entertaining, falling down stairs and whatnot. Pardoning Nixon was unforgivable in my opinion.

Carter was terrible. He only got elected as a backlash against Republicans for Nixon.
                  Proof positive that high grades and an excellent resumť don't equate to good political instincts, or even common sense. Carter also proved that good intentions can indeed pave the road to ruin. Carter also proved one other thing: that when esteemed members of the Fourth Estate feel robbed of their goodies -- like rides on Air Force 1, like free beer and hot lunches at White House press conferences, like official White House ash trays and coffee mugs and decks of playing cards -- then they'll turn on the President like a pack of rabid dogs. The sheer vindictiveness displayed towards Carter by the White House press corps was frankly breathtaking.
                  Last edited by slick_miester; 20 Aug 19, 15:22. Reason: "The Man From Hope" was Bill CLinton, not Jimmy Carter. "D'oh!"

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
                    Geo W Bush is lucky he didn't end in some basement.
                    Slick,

By and large I enjoy your postings and get a kick out of many of them. However, this comment is way out of line and borders on the illegal. I would encourage you to delete it, along with the picture that went with it from 1918 in Ekaterinberg.

K
                    We are not now that strength which in old days
                    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
                    Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
                    To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Another TDS thread...
                      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post

Slick,

By and large I enjoy your postings and get a kick out of many of them. However, this comment is way out of line and borders on the illegal. I would encourage you to delete it, along with the picture that went with it from 1918 in Ekaterinberg.

K
                        I wasn't proffering a personal opinion, nor expressing any kind of desire, merely observing an historical trend: national leaders who advance and prosecute elective wars and then proceed to lose said wars tend to enjoy rather short political careers. In the case of Lyndon Johnson, the events of 1968 in Viet Nam rendered him unelectable. In the case of Tsar Nicholas II, 1905 and 1914-1917 rendered him dead. While we're at it, the same can be said of Kaiser Wilhelm II: the German people blamed him for pushing for war, and then proceeding to lose it -- so they gave him the boot in 1918. The Sicilian invasion ruined the whole of Athenian democracy, and should have ended completely Alcibiades' prospects (guess those ancient Athenians were more forgiving than most. ) Look what the expense of backing the American Revolution did to Louis XVI. Those are not opinions, those are not wishes: they're facts. Surely you wouldn't have me censor facts, now would you.

For great nations there are no small wars - Arthur Wellesley, 1st Duke of Wellington

Too bad Bush & Co didn't remember that little blurb before they decided to topple Saddam . . . . Would have saved us all a lot of trouble.

And kudos for recognizing the Ipatiev House. I figured most folks wouldn't get that one.

Comment

If you were a Democrat or strongly liberal, you LOVED Obama. If you were independent, you were on the fence. If you were a Conservative, he was the "Great Satan" due to your poor mental hygiene and willing self-delusions. So your opinions are worthless as you don't represent the other side of the electorate.

That being said, Obama failed as a leader to win over the mentally conditioned conservative brain. They treated him very differently than they treated Clinton.

After some periods of unity, G.W. Bush was disliked all around (moderately liked at best by declining remnants of conservative supporters) in the last two years of his term. This was largely due to the war and the great recession, of which his administration was blamed.

His ended with a triple failure (liberal, conservative, independent) and it cleared the way for Obama.
                          Last edited by Cult Icon; 20 Aug 19, 13:29.
                          Zhitomir-Berdichev, West of Kiev: 24 Dec 1943-31 Jan 1944
                          Stalin's Favorite: The Combat History of the 2nd Guards Tank Army
                          Barbarossa Derailed I & II
                          Battle of Kalinin October 1941

Comment

Originally posted by Cult Icon View Post
                            If you were a Democrat or strongly liberal, you LOVED Obama.
                            You're overlooking a fair number of progressives who view Obama's presidency as rather a disappointment. Tavis Smiley wasn't exactly alone in those sentiments. I hear them regularly among the UFT and NYU crowds. How'd you not hear that?

Comment

Well one point here is that both George W. Bush and Barack Obama are traditional and honorable when they refused to call Al-Qaeda as radical Muslims. Thatís what itís all about itís about respecting the traditions of history. Aq goes against Islam just as the Ku Klux Klan went against Christianity. This is a military history board everyone on this board loves Islam I really feel that As the Muslims have built some of the greatest empires ever. One cannot be an American and be against religions. Donald Trump exhibited probably the worst leader ship in the history of America when he said I think Islam hates us. Americans of the past did not say insults about Islam because they were just amazed by the beautiful Muslim man and woman and the incredible Muslim history.., praise God .

Praise God that Islam is such a glorious religion where knights fight for what is right
                              Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
                              Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

George S Patton

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X