The German's are Making a Good Point

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post

What issues do you disagree with white nationalists on?
    I could start with White isn't a race any more than Black is a race, or Brown being one. Those are colors not ethnicities.

For example, is an Australian aborigine the same as an African? How about the Maori? Are they the same. The most idiotic of this bunch right now is "Hispanic." That's a language, not an ethnicity or race.

So, for starters, the "White Nationalists" have to better define their terms just like Black Nationalists (the Black Panthers for example) or Brown Nationalists (MEChA / La Raza as examples) do.

Right now, all of the above are just bigots with an agenda.

As for the rest of their political positions, that's often like trying to nail Jello to the wall. For most of these groups, their radicalism, violence, bigotry are appalling and needs to be countered, but not by more radicals who apply violence and bigotry to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
      Let's start with this:

What are the political views of Antifa and it's members? Politically, what would they like to see government become?

Next, does Antifa have any views on race itself?

Does Antifa follow rule of law when it stages a protest?

What would happen if no one was willing to contend with rising racism and White Nationalism coming from the radical Right?

Are there groups on the Left willing to fight, violently, for their 2nd Amendment Rights?
      I am not getting this at all, what's with Antifa and Germany?
      Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post

I am not getting this at all, what's with Antifa and Germany?
        Same thing that happened in the 30's with another group... Hint, hint.

Comment

I could start with White isn't a race any more than Black is a race, or Brown being one. Those are colors not ethnicities.

For example, is an Australian aborigine the same as an African? How about the Maori? Are they the same. The most idiotic of this bunch right now is "Hispanic." That's a language, not an ethnicity or race.

So, for starters, the "White Nationalists" have to better define their terms just like Black Nationalists (the Black Panthers for example) or Brown Nationalists (MEChA / La Raza as examples) do.

Right now, all of the above are just bigots with an agenda.

As for the rest of their political positions, that's often like trying to nail Jello to the wall. For most of these groups, their radicalism, violence, bigotry are appalling and needs to be countered, but not by more radicals who apply violence and bigotry to do it.
          So the only thing that separates you from white nationalists is their ambiguous interpretation of race.

When you break down their core political beliefs you'll see that it mirrors that of the GOP, which is why I say they have a mainstream platform and party. Unlike the Nazis in Germany, making the threat of white nationalism greater in the US than it ever was in any part of the world.

Diversity makes us weak.
          Bigotry and condemnation of an entire religion.
          Pro-Muslim ban.
          The desire to be non-multicultural.
          Overall, socially conservative.

Brief list that can be applied to republicans and white nationalists.

Where they differ is the lengths a white nationalist is willing to go. The average conservative isn't as violent, yet.
          "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
          - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post

So the only thing that separates you from white nationalists is their ambiguous interpretation of race.
            Nice ad hominem presented by begging the question. I gave an example. I didn't say the list was exhaustive.

When you break down their core political beliefs you'll see that it mirrors that of the GOP, which is why I say they have a mainstream platform and party. Unlike the Nazis in Germany, making the threat of white nationalism greater in the US than it ever was in any part of the world.

Diversity makes us weak.
            Bigotry and condemnation of an entire religion.
            Pro-Muslim ban.
            The desire to be non-multicultural.
            Overall, socially conservative.

Brief list that can be applied to republicans and white nationalists.

Where they differ is the lengths a white nationalist is willing to go. The average conservative isn't as violent, yet.

Let's go over your list then.

Diversity makes us weak. It can. It may not, but a blanket claim either way is wrong. Diversity doesn't make us stronger necessarily either. This would have to be greatly expanded in explanation before I could agree or disagree with it.

Bigotry and condemnation of an entire religion. Which one? Atheists are bigoted and condemn all other religions. Do you pillory them for that? Much of the Left condemns Christianity in various forms. Are they chided by you for that?

Pro-Muslim ban. I would be very much against a ban on that basis. However I am for very tight and heightened scrutiny of persons coming from most areas of the Middle East and northern Africa because that region is rife with conflicts and terrorism right now. Of course, I'd likewise want heightened checks on people coming from areas where there are terrorism or conflict otherwise too. If the US government cannot reasonably ensure that those entering the US are not terrorists or sympathizers thereof, then, yes, a ban on travel from specific areas or nations should be implemented until the problem is fixed.

The desire to be non-multiculturial. There's no real advantage to multiculturalism and I see no reason it should be either government policy or a desired outcome in a society. Multiculturalism when taken to the extremes the Left likes-- that is, every cultural group retaining its cultural identity and not becoming part and parcel of larger society-- is more a negative than positive. In order for a society, any society, to function you need a set of shared values, culture, language, and expectations.
            That doesn't mean that people can't continue to put forward some cultural identity, they should. But, when you print say ballots and official government documents in dozens of languages there's a problem. The Tower of Babel parable was correct.

Overall, socially conservative What's wrong with that? If someone wants to be socially conservative that's fine by me. If someone wants to be socially progressive okay, that's fine too. Where I have a problem is when someone wants to force their views on me even when I make reasonable objections to those views.

The average radical Leftist is already violent. Problem?

Comment

Nice ad hominem presented by begging the question. I gave an example. I didn't say the list was exhaustive.

Let's go over your list then. . . . . . . . .

The average radical Leftist is already violent. Problem?
              Nice list, and I happen to agree with maybe 85% of it. The 15% that I don't agree with is, relatively speaking, nitpicking, so I won't even bother -- unless some one really wants me to nitpick. Anyways, it's clear here that TactiKill J. is mimicking the tactics of political operatives both left and right: he's trying to pigeonhole your statements and views into preconceived boxes, and if they don't fit neatly, he's more than happy to try to pound a square peg into a round hole. What political obsessives seem to always overlook is that real people -- and real politics -- don't operate constantly on an all-or-nothing basis. On the same day -- in the same sentence -- I might agree with you on one thing, and disagree with you on another. That's real life, not this tyrannical quest for what amounts to ideological lockstep rigidity. How did the late NYC mayor Ed Koch put it?

"If you agree with me on 9 out of 12 issues, vote for me. If you agree with me on 12 out of 12 issues, see a psychiatrist."
              I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post

Thank you for the links, you have shown exactly when the MSM lie began with your two links.

Here is what was said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=NM6k8uNAQBA

The link you posted is a lie by omitting the whole truth

Explanation is in the following video which is a direct response to the link you posted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4T45Sbkndjc

My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Originally posted by pamak View Post

The link you posted is a lie by omitting the whole truth

Explanation is in the following video which is a direct response to the link you posted
                  The lie is the 15 minute video just posted. Unnamed source making a big brother type non word video......welcome to the left's version of 1984.

Trump's interview is open source, people need to learn how to weed through the MSM twisting of reality.

Look up the interview, find one that isn't an opinion of what was said but actually of what was said. The PragueU video is spot on in it's assessment.
                  "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

The lie is the 15 minute video just posted. Unnamed source making a big brother type non word video......welcome to the left's version of 1984.

Trump's interview is open source, people need to learn how to weed through the MSM twisting of reality.

Look up the interview, find one that isn't an opinion of what was said but actually of what was said. The PragueU video is spot on in it's assessment.
                    There is nothing that a honest reader cannot verify in the video I posted, including the initial reaction by Trump on August 12 and 13 immediately after the death of the protester at Charlottesville. The lie comes from the video you posted which hides this initial reaction and starts describing Trump's reaction to the killing on August 15th, that is three days after the killing and after the harsh criticism Trump received by even GOP senators. Trump's 12 and 13 reaction is also open source, and anyone can find it.

By the way, we also have the court documents which show that the permit for the unite -the right came from extremists.
                    Last edited by pamak; 21 Aug 19, 15:18.
                    My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

So how is the big bad nasty video lying to you?

Comment

The lie comes from the video you posted
                        That is exactly what the PragerU video shows. The MSM lying about what Trump said by editing the video.

Thanks for the back up on this.

"I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by Jutland View Post

So how is the big bad nasty video lying to you?
                          The unnamed person isn't lying to me, where did that idea come from?

The unnamed person is twisting what Trump said.

Comment

There is nothing that a honest reader cannot verify in the video I posted, including the initial reaction by Trump on August 12 and 13 immediately after the death of the protester at Charlottesville. The lie comes from the video you posted which hides this initial reaction and starts describing Trump's reaction to the killing on August 15th, that is three days after the killing and after the harsh criticism Trump received by even GOP senators. Trump's 12 and 13 reaction is also open source, and anyone can find it.

By the way, we also have the court documents which show that the permit for the unite -the right came from extremists.
                            The lie is in the rebuttal to the Praeger video. It cherry picks. Showing clips that the media ran his speech doesn't show what came afterwards. That was the MSM widely taking Trump out of context and pointing out how evil and racist he is. Read what was written, and widely, afterwards.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...-sides/537012/

https://www.motherjones.com/politics...arlottesville/

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trum...ry?id=57141612

What you saw was the MSM putting a negative spin on Trump's remarks. That's to be expected given the last two and a half years. The MSM hates Trump just as they loved Obama. I think all but the most oblivious American knows that. So, the MSM has really lost by doing either rather than trying to be objective and let people make up their own minds about politicians.

Comment

The lie is in the rebuttal to the Praeger video. It cherry picks. Showing clips that the media ran his speech doesn't show what came afterwards. That was the MSM widely taking Trump out of context and pointing out how evil and racist he is. Read what was written, and widely, afterwards.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...-sides/537012/

https://www.motherjones.com/politics...arlottesville/

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trum...ry?id=57141612

What you saw was the MSM putting a negative spin on Trump's remarks. That's to be expected given the last two and a half years. The MSM hates Trump just as they loved Obama. I think all but the most oblivious American knows that. So, the MSM has really lost by doing either rather than trying to be objective and let people make up their own minds about politicians.
                              You make no sense...

The video I posted attacks Nichol's video for cherry picking because Nichol's video defendsTrump's reaction to Chalettosville by omitting t Trump's initial reaction which avoided criticizing the extreme right (in fact he did not even mention it by name) for the death and choosing to blame "both sides."

What I saw in Nichol's video was somebody tried to defend Trump through lying by omission. Notice by the way that even your links are dated 15 August (3 days after the death) with the exception of the last whish shows Trump doing n August 12th what I mentioned earlier.

Comment

That is exactly what the PragerU video shows. The MSM lying about what Trump said by editing the video.

Thanks for the back up on this.
                                Sorry, but it is CLEAR that the PragerU video you posted does not mention the Trump reaction on August 12 immediately after the death and chose to spin the truth by showing only Trump's reaction AFTER a few days when he was forced to condemn white supremacism by name for the death of the protester.
                                The shameless editing comes from PragerU and it is shown in the video I posted.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X