Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FEC Blocks NRA Investigation

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • FEC Blocks NRA Investigation

    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartandhp

    'Senator Ron Wyden blasted the Federal Election Commission (FEC) on Friday after the agency's Republican commissioners blocked an attempt to fully investigate the National Rifle Association (NRA) over reports that Russia may have used the gun-rights group as a conduit for its election interference efforts, and possibly in contravention of campaign finance law.'

    '"A foreign adversary interfered in the 2016 presidential election and the response from Republicans at every level, whether it be President Trump, congressional Republicans, or now the Republican appointees on the Federal Election Commission, has been to bury their heads in the sand or actively obstruct getting to the bottom of what happened," Wyden said in a written statement.'

    '"It's inexcusable that Republican commissioners would block an investigation into whether Russian money was funneled through the National Rifle Association to help President Trump. The blatant partisanship is appalling, undermines our democracy and leaves us vulnerable to continued interference in 2020," he continued.'

    'Ellen Weintraub, chairwoman of the FEC, excoriated her Republican colleagues for their contrary votes which resulted in a 2-2 tie on Friday, preventing the inquiry from moving forward.'

    '"For the Republican commissioners to apply [this] approach to a matter of such national importance, and in doing so turn a blind eye to the possibility that a foreign adversary secretly funneled tens of millions of dollars into a presidential campaign, is to bring their obstruction to a new and breathtakingly damaging level," she said in a statement.'
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
    Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
    To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

  • #2
    If a foreign government or foreign person wants to give money to a US based private organization that takes donations, they can do that. The Clinton Foundation takes in huge piles of foreign cash.

    This is the pot calling the kettle black and Newsweak (no, that spelling is intentional), who is largely another Democrat mouthpiece, is just whining about what the Democrats get away with but upset when the Republicans do the same exact thing.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
      If a foreign government or foreign person wants to give money to a US based private organization that takes donations, they can do that. The Clinton Foundation takes in huge piles of foreign cash.

      This is the pot calling the kettle black and Newsweak (no, that spelling is intentional), who is largely another Democrat mouthpiece, is just whining about what the Democrats get away with but upset when the Republicans do the same exact thing.
      Always the same recycled republican talking points. OCDS on full display.
      "I can excuse the story because I heard Newsweek is fake news..."

      Who do you think gave them that idea?

      The NRA is a corrupt organization, been that way for decades.

      https://www.thedailybeast.com/nra-sp...res-wife-susan
      https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/13/polit...ion/index.html

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by inevtiab1e View Post

        Always the same recycled republican talking points. OCDS on full display.
        "I can excuse the story because I heard Newsweek is fake news..."

        Who do you think gave them that idea?

        The NRA is a corrupt organization, been that way for decades.

        https://www.thedailybeast.com/nra-sp...res-wife-susan
        https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/13/polit...ion/index.html
        So, now it's "they're corrupt" rather than donations from Russia... Okay, maybe they are. I'm not an NRA member, have no intent to donate or join, so it's not my problem. They're a private non-profit. Let their members sort that out.

        I won't join AARP because they're mostly shills for the health and life insurance industry. Lots of shifty non-profits out there...

        And, Newsweak is, much like MSNBC or CNN a partisan publication that masquerades as being objective.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

          So, now it's "they're corrupt" rather than donations from Russia... Okay, maybe they are. I'm not an NRA member, have no intent to donate or join, so it's not my problem. They're a private non-profit. Let their members sort that out.
          Their members are radicals. Paranoid people. The NRA doesn't have the funds now to keep spreading their panic mongering propaganda in the form of TV commercials, mailers, etc.
          The NRA is the main lobbying firm for weapons/ammo manufacturers. Capitalism prevents these crooked organizations from doing the right thing and working on gun safety. (Can't have any laws that may reduce our profits)
          Capitalism = profit over people

          And, Newsweak is, much like MSNBC or CNN a partisan publication that masquerades as being objective.
          According to my media bias chart, Newsweek is left learning. Meaning they probably pick more stories showing democrats in good light than not.
          That doesn't mean they aren't credible just because they lean left. CNN is fake news because Trump says so. And people believe him.
          No examples needed.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by inevtiab1e View Post
            Their members are radicals. Paranoid people. The NRA doesn't have the funds now to keep spreading their panic mongering propaganda in the form of TV commercials, mailers, etc.
            The NRA is the main lobbying firm for weapons/ammo manufacturers. Capitalism prevents these crooked organizations from doing the right thing and working on gun safety. (Can't have any laws that may reduce our profits)
            Capitalism = profit over people
            The NRA has by various estimates 4 to 6 million members currently. That's between 1 and 2 percent of the US population as a whole. Your claim means that somewhere around 1 in 50 adults in the US are "radicals" and "paranoid." That's patently absurd. I haven't seen an NRA commercial nor have I received any fliers or mailers from them in like forever. When was the last one you saw or received?
            You are arguing that millions of Americans who are radicals and paranoid join the NRA to spread their insanity. Do you even read what you write? That is absolutely nucking futs.

            As for gun manufacturers "working on gun safety" what exactly do you mean by that? Gun manufacturers almost entirely manufacture a safe product if used properly. What are they supposed to do, ensure that every person only use their product in a safe manner? That's like telling automobile manufacturers they have to monitor buyers of their product for safe use. It's absurd. No, it's beyond absurd.
            Even the idea that they should be trying to determine how their product is sold and to whom is absurd, particularly in the secondary market.


            According to my media bias chart, Newsweek is left learning. Meaning they probably pick more stories showing democrats in good light than not.
            That doesn't mean they aren't credible just because they lean left. CNN is fake news because Trump says so. And people believe him.
            No examples needed.
            "(Your) media bias chart?" Who cares. Aside from that the several charts I've seen tend to have bias within them to begin with. I assume you mean this POS chart that's so wrong it hurts.




            Taking just two larger MSM outlets... Look at where MSNBC and CNN are placed. The Y axis (vertical axis) shows them as "Opinion; fair persuasion." That is anything but true. Both are badly biased to the Left and Democrat party when it comes to opinion and persuasion. On the other side of the vertical axis both are credited as "Fair Interpretation of the news."

            Both CNN and MSNBC have a track record on Trump for well over 90% negative news coverage. Fair interpretation? Hardly.
            MSNBC puts on for opinion pieces Rachel Maddow and Al Sharpton for Christ's sake! How much more biased to the Left can they get?

            https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...gative-n806681

            https://www.journalism.org/2017/10/0...a-environment/

            Another pairing might be Buzzfeed, The Daily Kos, or the Huffington Post to Breitbart. These four are similar in overt bias Left and Right but only Breitbart is placed as being essentially all lies and radical.

            You need to find a new chart if that's the one you're using...

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
              If a foreign government or foreign person wants to give money to a US based private organization that takes donations, they can do that. The Clinton Foundation takes in huge piles of foreign cash.

              This is the pot calling the kettle black and Newsweak (no, that spelling is intentional), who is largely another Democrat mouthpiece, is just whining about what the Democrats get away with but upset when the Republicans do the same exact thing.
              But if that money is intended to interfere with a US election, or to support any candidate, with the knowledge of the organization being donated to, that is illegal and is interference in a US election by a foreign power.

              Do you want US elections dictated to by a foreign power, especially a hostile foreign power?
              We are not now that strength which in old days
              Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
              Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
              To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Massena View Post

                But if that money is intended to interfere with a US election, or to support any candidate, with the knowledge of the organization being donated to, that is illegal and is interference in a US election by a foreign power.

                Do you want US elections dictated to by a foreign power, especially a hostile foreign power?
                No, and the most egregious example of this in recent times has to be the Clinton's Chinagate scandal. It wasn't a private non-profit taking money, it was the highest elected officials in the land, and not just a small amount or occasionally either but huge piles of money on a near daily basis.

                https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1996_U...ce_controversy

                https://spectator.org/chinagate-and-the-clintons/

                That Hillary was back at it in 2016 says all you need to know about one more major reason she should never be elected to office.

                https://sunlightfoundation.com/2016/...ign-countries/

                https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...?noredirect=on

                https://dailycaller.com/2016/10/23/h...ign-donations/

                So, while the NRA may take questionable foreign donations to influence US political policy, they are a private non-profit, not an elected government official or a person running for elected office. On the other hand, Hillary should be wearing orange and raking rocks at a federal prison for her foreign influence buying in the election process.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Nothing but meaningless excuses for what you support, no matter if it is right or wrong.
                  We are not now that strength which in old days
                  Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
                  Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
                  To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by T. A. Gardner;[/QUOTE
                    "(Your) media bias chart?" Who cares. Aside from that the several charts I've seen tend to have bias within them to begin with. I assume you mean this POS chart that's so wrong it hurts.

                    From the person who used 'AntiObamaStore' as a source for economic analysis.....


                    Originally posted by T. A. Gardner;[/QUOTE
                    Another pairing might be Buzzfeed,Daily KOS , or the Huffington Post to Breitbart. These four are similar in overt bias Left and Right but only Breitbart is placed as being essentially all lies and radical.

                    You need to find a new chart if that's the one you're using...
                    Breibart is so poorly thought of that Wikipedia has banned the use of its articles as sources, none of the other publications you mention are.





                    Alex Jones' InfoWars and the far-right media outlet Breitbart—as well as progressive website Occupy Democrats—a can’t be used as a source of fact in Wikipedia articles anymore, “due to its unreliability.”

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                      If a foreign government or foreign person wants to give money to a US based private organization that takes donations, they can do that. The Clinton Foundation takes in huge piles of foreign cash.

                      This is the pot calling the kettle black and Newsweak (no, that spelling is intentional), who is largely another Democrat mouthpiece, is just whining about what the Democrats get away with but upset when the Republicans do the same exact thing.
                      Some demented minds can believe anything
                      "Ask not what your country can do for you"

                      Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

                      you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

                      Comment

                      Latest Topics

                      Collapse

                      Working...
                      X