Sage Advice from Lieberman...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sage Advice from Lieberman...

...oops!, I forgot he's or has been a Democrat so we shouldn't pay any attention to him

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/16/polit...ntv/index.html

'Former Sen. Joe Lieberman, the first and only Jewish candidate on a major party's presidential ticket in US history, called it a "serious mistake" for Israel to bar the first two Muslim women elected to Congress from visiting the country.'

'"It's a serious mistake because it's contrary to the values of the state of Israel, the values to the United States of America which has been the underlying foundation of our relationship," Lieberman, who was Al Gore's running mate in 2000, told CNN's John Berman on "New Day" Friday.'
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
    Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
    To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

In Omar's case, at least, no Israel didn't. She should be barred for her involvement in the MSA, CAIR, BDS, and her past statements about Israel and Jews in general. Tlaib, not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
      ...oops!, I forgot he's or has been a Democrat so we shouldn't pay any attention to him

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/16/polit...ntv/index.html

'Former Sen. Joe Lieberman, the first and only Jewish candidate on a major party's presidential ticket in US history, called it a "serious mistake" for Israel to bar the first two Muslim women elected to Congress from visiting the country.'

'"It's a serious mistake because it's contrary to the values of the state of Israel, the values to the United States of America which has been the underlying foundation of our relationship," Lieberman, who was Al Gore's running mate in 2000, told CNN's John Berman on "New Day" Friday.'
      Maybe he's right and maybe he isn't -- but Joe Lieberman is the last guy whose word I'd take on US-Israel relations. For all intents and purposes he was the Senator from Israel for twenty-four years. Connecticut was just his mailing address.
      I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
      X