Worst congressional districts for Black Americans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst congressional districts for Black Americans

As you might expect, these are overwhelmingly Democrat bastions. Only 5 of the 30 are represented in Congress by Republicans. The top (bottom?) district for being worst for Blacks is Ilhan Omar's 5th Minnesota one...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/wo...andhp#image=31

Worst in what respect? I'd personally rather live around liberals than conservatives. Don't have to worry about them harassing you.
    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
    - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
      Worst in what respect? I'd personally rather live around liberals than conservatives. Don't have to worry about them harassing you.
      If you read the article, you'd have the answer to that:

Using
      data from the U.S. Census Bureau
      , 24/7 Wall St. created an index to measure socioeconomic disparities between black and white Americans by congressional districts to identify the worst congressional districts for black Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

If you read the article, you'd have the answer to that:
        Yeah I read it. It uses unemployment data which is irrelevant to politics when viewed by itself. Worst is also subjective. As I said earlier, I'd rather not live around conservatives regardless of what their unemployment rates were.
        "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
        - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post

Yeah I read it. It uses unemployment data which is irrelevant to politics when viewed by itself. Worst is also subjective. As I said earlier, I'd rather not live around conservatives regardless of what their unemployment rates were.
          It uses more than unemployment data. It uses income by racial group within the district and measures the disparity of that. It also looked at educational achievement. I'd say on the whole for most people those are things critical to their quality of life.

Comment

It uses more than unemployment data. It uses income by racial group within the district and measures the disparity of that. It also looked at educational achievement. I'd say on the whole for most people those are things critical to their quality of life.
            The thing is, I can live anywhere and make the same amount of money. The political leaning of my mayor, senator and whoever else is irrelevant to my income sans taxes (which isn't being discussed).
            - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

As you might expect, these are overwhelmingly Democrat bastions. Only 5 of the 30 are represented in Congress by Republicans. The top (bottom?) district for being worst for Blacks is Ilhan Omar's 5th Minnesota one...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/wo...andhp#image=31
              Isn't that like the Nazis saying the worst place to live in the Reich is the Jewish Ghettos and then blaming the Jews......

Comment

Posters directed against the poster and not the post were removed this thread.

Further sanctions were applied as this was a repeat offence for one member who chose to ignore previous staff warnings.

The lesson doesn't seem to be getting though to some members here: Address the post and not the poster.
                Repeated warnings have been given on this subject in a wide range of threads so the message should be now be quite clear on what is acceptable posting behaviour.
                Sanctions will now have to be applied to those that chose to ignore this simple request.

Thank you
                ACG Staff

Comment

Originally posted by Jutland View Post

Isn't that like the Nazis saying the worst place to live in the Reich is the Jewish Ghettos and then blaming the Jews......

No, because the people in her district have a choice where they live. Nobody is being forced to live there.

Aside from that

Comment

Funny how comparing someone to Stalin and Mao are not used as an insult it's only Hitler that the poorly educated seem to be aware of.
                    We hunt the hunters

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X