No announcement yet.

Israel bars Talib and Omar from entry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trump's Tweet on this...the remark about her grandmother is priceless.

Rep. Tlaib wrote a letter to Israeli officials desperately wanting to visit her grandmother. Permission was quickly granted, whereupon Tlaib obnoxiously turned the approval down, a complete setup. The only real winner here is Tlaib’s grandmother. She doesn’t have to see her now!
    "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Persephone View Post

Priceless indeed, but it reveals something very dark about Tlaib.
      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Persephone View Post

So presidential.
        "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
        - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

You want to know why there are so many shootings, just look at our culture. Look at all these immature nitwits who are applauding Trump's juvenile behavior on social media. Or for that matter the stunt Tliab pulled. This is all so childish. If you ask me, these type of people aren't mature enough to raise sane children.
          "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
          - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

I agree that Obama, when on script was a great orator. Not so good a communicator, and absolutely awful as an executive officer. That is, he could talk a good game but nobody important was bothering to take him seriously or listen and when it came to getting things done he was completely worthless.

On the other hand, Trump is almost the exact opposite. He talks smack and trolls people. He goes off script regularly. A mediocre orator at best. He's a decent communicator though. People take what he says seriously because they've seen he follows through on his words, garbled and laced with ad hominems they may be, more often than not. Whether you agree with what he does is a seperate issue here.
            As an executive he gets things done. A lot of what Trump has done in office has gone on below the radar so-to-speak.

As one small example, Trump wants a wall on the border. The Democrats in particular have fought that tooth and nail. But, Trump has persisted in finding ways to get funding for one, get construction started in some places, and has pretty consistently tried to get full funding. Obama by this point would have moved on to the next shiny object having given up trying and blaming whoever on his "team" he handed off that project to along with other parties holding himself blameless for its failure.
            I give you his attempt at gun control. He put Biden in charge of that. It went nowhere. When it failed it was all Congress's fault and Biden's inability to get them onboard. Obama had no role in the failure... At least from his perspective.

So, Trump's handling of the Omar / Tlaib - Israel imbroglio is typical Trump. He trolled the congresswomen and Israel and most are focused on that. But, Omar is still banned from entering, and Tlaib is now in a position of having to deepen her anti-Israel and anti-Semitic positions as a result. Trump got the results he wanted and all the flailing about his words and trolling won't make a nickel's worth of difference to change that.

Well bear with me I’m working right now, that is after all what we liberals , Democrats and union members do we work even on Saturdays. It was after all under democratic leader ship that America became the strongest healthiest and wealthiest country in the world.

On gun control this has been an American issue that goes across the political divisions. Since the shootings in columbine And through the presidency of George W. Bush Obama and Trump mass shootings have shot up. So its not imo any one presidents fault for changing our gun laws or not changing our gun laws ..,it’s a tough issue to discuss And Biden Obama and trump are not to blame for mass shootings

As for Obama yes as you point out he was a great speaker. One of the great things Obama did was eliminate Osama bin laden in and continue the war against Al-Qaeda. Obama signed the nuclear deal with Iran that Trump should have honored as well . Of course there was the beer summit where both parties involved came out as friends that was a total success. Obama could perhaps learn a little from Trump and Trump could learn a little from Obama . Obama and trump should meet very soon and have a beer with each other or some whiskey because that would be so beautiful and American as it gets.

Obama after all is the guy that has brought opposites together wrt the beer summit . So we know Obama has great leadership skills . Skills that trump can learn from. What’s really a shame in our country is the fact that Omar and Trump have not met each other. It’s really upsetting because in America opposites have met perhaps the greatest example was when FDR brought on the Republican front runner of 1940 as an advisor.

Our country is not what it used to be we’re not as honorable or strong as we used to be but we can become better. Trump should stop as you say stop his trolling and actually become more presidential, more dignified and more honorable and going forward and the greatest way to do this is to reach out and invite Omar to the White House. Also Trump talks a ton about jobs but we still have closed factories in our country that can be reopened in a cleaner way. Our middle class has been almost destroyed so Trump talks a good talk but he also needs to walk the walk and bring forth real middle-class jobs for the people

Apologies for any typos as I am working right now and providing this message via my iPhone
            Last edited by Stonewall_Jack; 17 Aug 19, 13:40.
            Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
            Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

George S Patton

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall_Jack View Post
              I feel that Trump has been lacking recently in leadership skills. Speaking of leaders ..Obama was an amazing orator ...a great communicator.

Trump should call Obama for advice. For example this situation with Omar is very easy to address for Trump. All Trump has to do is praise Islam and say I think Omar goes against the great values of the beautiful and noble leader of Islam , Muhammad ...Trump could say that Omar needs to be more diplomatic toward Israel which is what Islam commands. Islam and Christianity for that matter urges leaders to disagree with intolerant governments like Israel while disagreeing in a civil manner.

The way Trump is handling this is not only bad for Trump it’s bad for Israel to. It’s because of situations like this that so many good and loving people around the world are very critical of Israel
              Yep, Obama sure dazzled those sixth graders with his teleprompter:

Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

As opposed to the Bush's...

Or Bill Clinton (Hillary was never President so she doesn't count here)

Comment

Bill Mahar at calls out the MSM:

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/bds-is-a...rael-movement/
                  "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post

Yep, Obama sure dazzled those sixth graders with his teleprompter:

Obama was a good man, solid POTUS.

George S Patton

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post
                      Buy into Bill Maher only when its convenient. Maher is terribly wrong at times. I like Maher and saw him in Buffalo twice in a live performance.

Heres the biggest issue...Palestinians and Israelis alike want American style freedom, they have disagreements with there Governments and they want a more liberal society... but you wont hear that from the media but you will hear it in talking with Israelis and Palestinians as I have. I dont come at this from a pro Palestine or pro Israel view, that would be against Christianity, I come at this from a Pro humane view in support of a one state solution. Only way forward is one state, all else is too divisive.

As a Catholic how can you stand by Israel my friend.. a country like Saudi that separates sexes in public transportation and that prevents interfaith marriage. Its like going for the one or two black people that support Trump and quoting a link talking about those one or two blacks that support Trump. But note this, Im an old school democrat as are most democrats. You should vote a blue line.

George S Patton

Comment

Obama was a good man, solid POTUS.
                        I'd rate him in the bottom 10. Not the absolute worst, but pretty awful. Didn't accomplish much of anything, and the few things he did do were bad for the country like Obamacare and the Arab Spring / Winter. Obama's domestic economy sucked the whole time he was in office. His push for Gorebal Warming and a Green economy were both unmitigated disasters.

But, he could talk a good game. When it comes to results, his presidency mirrors his life. He accomplished little, but was well liked at least at first until people started to realize he's just an empty suit.

Comment

Buy into Bill Maher only when its convenient. Maher is terribly wrong at times. I like Maher and saw him in Buffalo twice in a live performance.

Heres the biggest issue...Palestinians and Israelis alike want American style freedom, they have disagreements with there Governments and they want a more liberal society... but you wont hear that from the media but you will hear it in talking with Israelis and Palestinians as I have. I dont come at this from a pro Palestine or pro Israel view, that would be against Christianity, I come at this from a Pro humane view in support of a one state solution. Only way forward is one state, all else is too divisive.
                          This is patently untrue. The Palestinians want a war. They voted in Hamas in the Gaza strip and have had war with Israel ever since. There is no effort to remove them coming from the Palestinian side. Hell, even Egypt doesn't want them coming in even temporarily. The PLO and PA in the East Bank are more about personal enrichment and corruption than doing anything to actually try and get a Palestinian state together.
                          The Palestinians are like a bunch of street gangsters. They fight any authority over them, and only are interested in their personal enrichment. Thuggery is the modus operandi they take.
                          I say the only true way forward is let them fight. Let the Palestinians fight each other and Israel, no holds barred. I want a winner. The fighting ends when all parties are either dead or willing to fight no more. If that means the Palestinians are decimated and wiped out, too bad for them. The whole thing ends.

Comment

I'd rate him in the bottom 10. Not the absolute worst, but pretty awful. Didn't accomplish much of anything, and the few things he did do were bad for the country like Obamacare and the Arab Spring / Winter. Obama's domestic economy sucked the whole time he was in office. His push for Gorebal Warming and a Green economy were both unmitigated disasters.

But, he could talk a good game. When it comes to results, his presidency mirrors his life. He accomplished little, but was well liked at least at first until people started to realize he's just an empty suit.
                            Well Obama had to inherit a sort of depression, not as major as what FDR inherited under Herbert Hoover. The US economy slid a bit during GWB's later years,

Netanyahu and Israel thanked Obama numerous times btw for fighting AQ...even though Netanyahu is embroiled in scandal, the man may be sent to jail at some point. Obama has never had to worry about the types of accusations Trump and Netanyahu have. Thats just a fact, Obama has been happily married to Michelle for years. Obama has not been married multiple times, there is no one out there accusing Obama is sexual assault. With Trump, Trump may be innocent but Trump has in a sense put himself into these holes by surrounding himself with the wrong people..like some of those such as Cohen, Manafort and folks that pled guilty to crimes. Pleading guilty is not what innocents do. Look at the central park 5, kids that maintained there innocence in jail even at parole hearings.. and yet how fast Trumps closet have turned on him such as Michael Cohen. Cohen once praised here on ACG, but not today though.. Trump is a fellow human though and I dont hate or anyone in the world for that matter. I respect the office of the POTUS and I hope that Trump can do what he said which is bring back the steel and auto jobs...that has yet to occur though in large enough numbers.

Obama won the popular vote twice, Trump in a rarity lost the popular vote in 2016. Obama was voted in by the American people twice because he has accomplishments. Trump needs to do alot more to live up to Obama, consider the loss of good jobs, can Trump actually bring back the middle class. Because inner cities still struggle mightily, those folks today are in a struggle and TBH the inner cities have struggled since the late 1990s but again Trump says he will do these amazing things, lets hope he does.

Here are some of Obamas accomplishments. Killing OBL is a huge one, and some conservatives overlook that.

1 – Rescued the country from the Great Recession, cutting the unemployment rate from 10% to 4.7% over six years

2 – Signed the Affordable Care Act which provided health insurance to over 20 million uninsured Americans

3 – Ended the war in Iraq

4 – Ordered for the capture and killing of Osama Bin Laden

5 – Passed the $787 billion America Recovery and Reinvestment Act to spur economic growth during the Great Recession

6 – Supported the LGBT community’s fight for marriage equality

7 – Commuted the sentences of nearly 1200 drug offenders to reverse “unjust and outdated prison sentences”

8 – Saved the U.S. auto industry

9 – Helped put the U.S. ontrack for energy independence by 2020

10 – Began the drawdown of troops in Afghanistan

Supported veterans through a $78 billion tuition assistance GI bill

https://www.good.is/articles/obamas-...ents-in-office

George S Patton

Comment

This is patently untrue. The Palestinians want a war. They voted in Hamas in the Gaza strip and have had war with Israel ever since. There is no effort to remove them coming from the Palestinian side. Hell, even Egypt doesn't want them coming in even temporarily. The PLO and PA in the East Bank are more about personal enrichment and corruption than doing anything to actually try and get a Palestinian state together.
                              The Palestinians are like a bunch of street gangsters. They fight any authority over them, and only are interested in their personal enrichment. Thuggery is the modus operandi they take.
                              I say the only true way forward is let them fight. Let the Palestinians fight each other and Israel, no holds barred. I want a winner. The fighting ends when all parties are either dead or willing to fight no more. If that means the Palestinians are decimated and wiped out, too bad for them. The whole thing ends.
                              Its 100 % true and the way forward to have a one state solution. Its clearly the best idea, unity wins imagine if the USA was not United we would be nothing today.

The Governments of the Gaza Strip, West Bank and Israel all prevent interfaith marriage and segregate sexes on buses. Israeli Settlers, Israeli people, Palestinian militants and Palestinian people have all committed so called terror(politically loaded word I tend to not use) attacks.

I have meant Israelis and Palestinians, they are both normal people...and only a small amount of each group are intolerant criminals and those criminals will in the end lose and in a matter of time Israel/Palestine will be more free.

George S Patton

Comment

As a Catholic how can you stand by Israel my friend.. a country like Saudi that separates sexes in public transportation and that prevents interfaith marriage. Its like going for the one or two black people that support Trump and quoting a link talking about those one or two blacks that support Trump. But note this, Im an old school democrat as are most democrats. You should vote a blue line.
                                I have been to Israel and Saudi Arabia. I don't know what you are using to form your opinion but I do know they are completely different and what you are posting about Israel is incorrect. Granted I was there a while ago but my daughter just left there...she didn't see what you are describing either.

BTW, posting an opinion piece from Bill Mahar doesn't mean I'm buying into it. Same when questioning someone posting a lie about Trump, that doesn't make the person pro Trump or a Trumpet as some people like to label them.
                                "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X