Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trouble
    Originally posted by Massena View Post
    On the other hand, this refusal to let the two Congresswomen into Israel is an insult both to the Congress and the United States.
    Why? he knows that they are only coming there to meddle, I ask again, what is their business there, as far as I am concerned US Congressmen/women are supposed to represent their districts in the US Congress, and not in Israel, my representative in the House is named Williams and I would question him personally why he went to Israel to represent me there.

Comment

Now, the Israeli government could have said that Omar and Tlaib are invited to meet with representatives of the government as a condition to come into the country. Then when they meet, they pull a Horowitz and put both on the spot over their support for Hamas, Hezbollah, Islamic terrorism, and their anti-Semitism with a "gotcha" moment in front of reporters.

Neither Omar or Tlaib impress me as the sort that are politically savvy enough to either see it coming or wiggle out of it. Instead, it could be a true crash and burn moment as they get pressed about their terrorist connections, hate for Jews, and wanting the destruction of the state of Israel. That would be a total train wreck for both.

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
        trouble

Why? he knows that they are only coming there to meddle, I ask again, what is their business there, as far as I am concerned US Congressmen/women are supposed to represent their districts in the US Congress, and not in Israel, my representative in the House is named Williams and I would question him personally why he went to Israel to represent me there.
        It looks as if Netanyahu is also scared of Trump. Perhaps it's time for Netanyahu to retire into private life. Of course, his wife is now a convicted felon is she not? Can Netanyahu's turn be next?

And now the Israeli government is allowing Tlaib into the country on humanitarian grounds to visit her grandmother. Trump is undoubtedly hopping mad.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/16/polit...ntl/index.html
        We are not now that strength which in old days
        Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
        Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
        To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
          trouble

Why? Because Trump bullied Netanyahu into banning the two. That is Trump using an ally to punish his political allies.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/16/politics/donald-trump-israel-ban-congresswomen/index.html

And this decision and Trump's 'intervention' may hurt Netanyahu politically:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/16/polit...men/index.html
          Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts

Comment

Tlaib is going to be allowed to visit her grandma on humanitarian grounds. Makes me all warm and fuzzy.

Comment

Trump's reasons for bullying Netanyahu to ban the two Congresswomen:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/16/polit...men/index.html

'Everything, as always with Donald Trump, is about what's good for the President.'

'In a fresh example of this core truth defining the current administration, Israel caved Thursday to his demands to ban two Muslim US lawmakers who Trump is ostracizing as part of his 2020 reelection strategy.'

'There is no sign that Trump considered whether his latest targeting of Reps. Ilhan Omar or Rashida Tlaib conflicts with US foreign policy goals, reflects American values, benefits Israel in the long-term or is in keeping with the principles of two rigorous democracies that pride themselves on debate among ideological foes.'

Comment

Just a question:

Are Tlaib and Omar protesting/against the Israeli government's policies or against Israel's existence or the Jewish people in general?

Comment

Their itinerary was for a visit to Palistine, not Israel. Those two can't even recognize Israel as a state.

I'm wondering why they didn't go on the CODEL trip a couple weeks ago. I'm also wondering why this trip was paid by an NGO and made public.
                  Last edited by Nichols; 16 Aug 19, 07:51.
                  "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
                    Just a question:

Are Tlaib and Omar protesting/against the Israeli government's policies or against Israel's existence or the Jewish people in general?
                    Hard to tell, they were listing it as a trip to Palistine not Israel.
                    "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                      Now, the Israeli government could have said that Omar and Tlaib are invited to meet with representatives of the government as a condition to come into the country. Then when they meet, they pull a Horowitz and put both on the spot over their support for Hamas, Hezbollah, Islamic terrorism, and their anti-Semitism with a "gotcha" moment in front of reporters.

Neither Omar or Tlaib impress me as the sort that are politically savvy enough to either see it coming or wiggle out of it. Instead, it could be a true crash and burn moment as they get pressed about their terrorist connections, hate for Jews, and wanting the destruction of the state of Israel. That would be a total train wreck for both.
                      I'D SAY, ON a practical level, the Israeli government isn't interested in fronting the costs of security for two innocents abroad. Gaza is a another boiling point, which echoes in the \east bank, whether one likes it or not.

The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

Originally posted by III Corps View Post
                        Tlaib is going to be allowed to visit her grandma on humanitarian grounds. Makes me all warm and fuzzy.
                        I'd give three likes for that post, if I could...

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
                          So the fact that they failed a lie detector test and the equivalent of Fox News reported that they were Israeli intel, isn't enough evidence for you?

Is ABC News a credible enough source?

His own lawyers admitted that he was Israeli intel. The only thing up for debate is whether or not he was part of an operation in the US.

Best case scenario, a former (or current) Israeli intel was still caught celebrating on 9/11! That much is a fact.
                          It's a pretty wild story, to be sure, and has been repeated by several credible and not-so-credible outlets, so I guess that it has some legs. That being said, there are just a couple of holes in it:

1) the make-up of the group of four Israelis struck me as exceptionally young for an intel op. I don't think a one of them was over thirty;

2) they claimed that they started their day in Lower Manhattan, then crossed the Hudson River to Jersey City, and then drove west, being apprehended in East Rutherford NJ. That was simply impossible. All routes into and out of Manhattan were locked down just after 0900 hrs 11 Sep 2001. Manhattan is an island, so one can only leave it via a bridge or a tunnel -- and the lot of them were locked down by the NYPD, MTA Police, and PAPD. I didn't get home until well after 1800 hrs that evening, and I was forced to take a tortuous route that I would never have taken otherwise. According to my father- and brother-in-law -- who were working construction in Jersey City that day -- the drive from Jersey City to East Rutherford was likewise tortuous and slow, on account of all the police activity throughout that part of NJ, as well as the exodus fleeing away from Manhattan. I would think it highly unlikely that the Israelis could have reached East Rutherford before 1100 hrs.

None of that is conclusive, just food for thought, before we traipse down "truther" road . . . .
                          I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post

It's a pretty wild story, to be sure, and has been repeated by several credible and not-so-credible outlets, so I guess that it has some legs. That being said, there are just a couple of holes in it:

1) the make-up of the group of four Israelis struck me as exceptionally young for an intel op. I don't think a one of them was over thirty;

2) they claimed that they started their day in Lower Manhattan, then crossed the Hudson River to Jersey City, and then drove west, being apprehended in East Rutherford NJ. That was simply impossible. All routes into and out of Manhattan were locked down just after 0900 hrs 11 Sep 2001. Manhattan is an island, so one can only leave it via a bridge or a tunnel -- and the lot of them were locked down by the NYPD, MTA Police, and PAPD. I didn't get home until well after 1800 hrs that evening, and I was forced to take a tortuous route that I would never have taken otherwise. According to my father- and brother-in-law -- who were working construction in Jersey City that day -- the drive from Jersey City to East Rutherford was likewise tortuous and slow, on account of all the police activity throughout that part of NJ, as well as the exodus fleeing away from Manhattan. I would think it highly unlikely that the Israelis could have reached East Rutherford before 1100 hrs.

None of that is conclusive, just food for thought, before we traipse down "truther" road . . . .
                            I suspect that it was their last operational assignment

Comment

Originally posted by marktwain View Post

I suspect that it was their last operational assignment

Then the question that logically concludes from that is, "where the hell can possibly be of value to a terrorist cum Israeli spook in East Rutherford NJ?"

After climbing on the pile that was the remains of the World Trade Center for nearly six hours, I took a subway Uptown to pick up my wife, and instead of taking the most direct route home, we were shunted into Queens, where we dismounted our train to walk to another that would ultimately take us to Brooklyn. From the platform elevated high above Queensborough Plaza, we could see the thick black smoke rising from the WTC, climbing hundreds of feet into the air, where it was caught by the Jet Stream and directed east -- right over our home. Still ranks as one of the lowest moments in my life. . . . .
                              Last edited by slick_miester; 16 Aug 19, 09:26.
                              I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Keep In mind that Omar and Talib are pro LGBT. The Democratic Party is the party of civil rights and freedom, African Americans and Jews vote a blue line. But to that point it doesnít stop American liars from making up the view that the Democratic Party is against minorities. In conservative radio sometimes the guests only bring forth lies and propaganda talking about this false few that the Democratic Party is against minorities.. all they can do is just talk about it but they canít bring forth actual facts. But important to keep in mind itís only a few American conservatives that lie all the time. Most American conservatives are good people

Israeli officials could be worried that Omar will start protesting in Israel for better rights for LGBT people who currently are not even allowed to get married in Israel. You look at the masses of Israel the masses of Jewish people want better rights in their country. Itís probably the case that Israeli politicians donít want these beautiful American heroes to come visit because they will make Israel more liberal

There is also a total hypocrisy from Israeli officials who allowed trumps spiritual advisor to visit Israel and give a prayer surrounded by rabbiís. Pastor Jeffress Who visited Israel says Jews and Muslims will go to hell. So itís about the money itís all about the power itís not about morals here for these types of people. On the other hand the masses of Israeli and Palestinian people disagree with their governments and want American style freedom
                                Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
                                Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

George S Patton

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X