Congressional Scumbag Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congressional Scumbag Part II

Representative King, from Iowa, has once again crossed the line with his derogatory comments:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartandhp

There is definitely something wrong with this 'person':

'Embattled Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa) on Wednesday said the human population may not exist if not for rape and incest, drawing scorn — and renewed calls for resignation — from scores of Democrats.'

'King, who was speaking at an event in Urbandale, Iowa, was intending to make the case for a GOP policy that bans nearly all abortions, including in cases when the woman is a victim of rape or incest.'

'"What if we went back through all the family trees and just pulled out anyone who was a product of rape or incest? Would there be any population of the world left if we did that?" King said, according to the Des Moines Register, which first reported the comments.'

'"Considering all the wars and all the rapes and pillages that happened throughout all these different nations, I know that I can't say that I was not a part of a product of that,” King continued.'

'King’s comments to the Westside Conservative Club add to a long legacy of contentious and insensitive remarks, some of which have drawn fire from leaders of his own party. The Iowa Republican was stripped of his committee assignments this year after noting to the New York Times that white supremacy has become an offensive term.'
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
    Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
    To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Originally posted by Massena View Post
    Congressional Scumbag Part II
    1) That's a redundancy;
    2) there shouldn't be Parts I and II, but an eternally open-ended thread dedicated to congressional scumbaggery.

Originally posted by Massena View Post
    Representative King, from Iowa, has once again crossed the line with his derogatory comments: . . . .

There is definitely something wrong with this 'person':

'Embattled Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa) on Wednesday said the human population may not exist if not for rape and incest, drawing scorn — and renewed calls for resignation — from scores of Democrats.'

'King, who was speaking at an event in Urbandale, Iowa, was intending to make the case for a GOP policy that bans nearly all abortions, including in cases when the woman is a victim of rape or incest.'

'"What if we went back through all the family trees and just pulled out anyone who was a product of rape or incest? Would there be any population of the world left if we did that?" . . . . '"Considering all the wars and all the rapes and pillages that happened throughout all these different nations, I know that I can't say that I was not a part of a product of that,” King continued.'
    Technically he's not wrong. I have absolutely no doubt that rape and incest were as common as dirt, and likely still are. That being said, such practices are not at all defensible, however -- not morally:

Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets. - Matthew 7:12 KJV

and not genetically.

Rep King should know better -- on two counts. Sounds like a bona fide a$$hole to me.
    I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
    X