Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is with Americans having the flag with the blue line?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is with Americans having the flag with the blue line?

I have seen some Americans have a bumper sticker of a flag with a blue line running through it and I never really knew what it was until recently I found out it was to somehow support the police. Well the better way forward is to simply have an American flag thereís no need for the blueline we are all Americans whether police officers firefighters or steel workers we are all Americans

Blue line flag is not cutting it, same thing with Americans who put on bumper sticker saying Iím proud to stand for the flag . This is all just common sense. Most Americans are proud of the country most Americans support the police we donít need a flag with a blue line and we donít need Americans with bumper stickers that say they stand for the flag.

Maybe we should have all police officers put a bumper sticker on the car saying they support all the auto workers. That is because we already have these flags with the blue line and bumper stickers of Americans saying they are proud to stand for the flag. But the better idea One could say the police would not survive without the civilians and the civilians will not survive without the police .... so itís all about teamwork not one upping each other

None of this type of behavior occurred before Trump. Obama Clinton Bush they were regular presidentís. You wonder how the country is going to be in going forward. Who is the next president is it going to be the rock or Kanye West? What are bumper stickers going to look like in the future is it going to be even more against common sense?
    Last edited by Stonewall_Jack; 13 Aug 19, 13:11.
    Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
    Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

George S Patton

AMERICANS' PRIDE IN THE United States has hit its lowest point in almost two decades, with less than half saying they are "extremely proud" to be American.

A Gallup poll released just two days before the Fourth of July found that 70% of people said they were extremely or very proud to be Americans, including 45% who said they were extremely proud Ė the lowest measure since Gallup began polling on the question in 2001.
    https://www.usnews.com/news/politics...to-be-american

Patriotism is dropping pretty significantly. If they want to show that they're proud despite all the ills of this country, let them. There's no harm in my opinion.
    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
    - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post

Patriotism is dropping pretty significantly. If they want to show that they're proud despite all the ills of this country, let them. There's no harm in my opinion.
      They ought have a bumper sticker of an American flag not the flag with the blue line through it

George S Patton

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall_Jack View Post
        I have seen some Americans have a bumper sticker of a flag with a blue line running through it and I never really knew what it was until recently I found out it was to somehow support the police. Well the better way forward is to simply have an American flag thereís no need for the blueline we are all Americans whether police officers firefighters or steel workers we are all Americans

Blue line flag is not cutting it, same thing with Americans who put on bumper sticker saying Iím proud to stand for the flag . This is all just common sense. Most Americans are proud of the country most Americans support the police we donít need a flag with a blue line and we donít need Americans with bumper stickers that say they stand for the flag.

Maybe we should have all police officers put a bumper sticker on the car saying they support all the auto workers. That is because we already have these flags with the blue line and bumper stickers of Americans saying they are proud to stand for the flag. But the better idea One could say the police would not survive without the civilians and the civilians will not survive without the police .... so itís all about teamwork not one upping each other

None of this type of behavior occurred before Trump. Obama Clinton Bush they were regular presidentís. You wonder how the country is going to be in going forward. Who is the next president is it going to be the rock or Kanye West? What are bumper stickers going to look like in the future is it going to be even more against common sense?
        Unfortunately, Stonewall, it has now become necessary for people to ID themselves as supporting a certain faction because we can no longer take for granted, for example, that Americans stand for the flag, or any other principle. Instead, every day we see public demonstrations by those who do't. Couple that with entrepeneurs looking to make a little money and you get a flag with a blue line.

Can't blame Trump, though. This all started on Obama's watch. Trump is only guilty of trying to somehow fix it.
        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

No! We can be very disgusted with out government, which I am, but that nothing to do with my love of country which I love dearly and pains me deeply the many negative changes of recent years.
          "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

youíre entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

I have seen some Americans have a bumper sticker of a flag with a blue line running through it and I never really knew what it was until recently I found out it was to somehow support the police. . . . .
            Are they expressing support for the police -- or for a police state?
            I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Unfortunately, Stonewall, it has now become necessary for people to ID themselves as supporting a certain faction because we can no longer take for granted, for example, that Americans stand for the flag, or any other principle. Instead, every day we see public demonstrations by those who do't. Couple that with entrepeneurs looking to make a little money and you get a flag with a blue line.

Can't blame Trump, though. This all started on Obama's watch. Trump is only guilty of trying to somehow fix it.
              OMG are you lost. He fixes nothing he only Exacerbate problems. He is nothing but a cancer among us.
              "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

youíre entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Absolutely correct. Trump, and his corrupt administration, are nothing but a malignant growth that is perverting the US Constitution and respect for US law.
                We are not now that strength which in old days
                Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
                Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
                To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Thats the thing. You know how much money folks make off this stuff...selling blue line flags and selling decals and bumper stickers saying I stand for the flag. Back in the day folks would put up bumper stickers of the US flag and that was respectable. But I disagree with this blue line flag and similar items.

I feel that Obama and Trump had issues. Obama could have done a few things better and Trump has also made mistakes. To me, the whole blue line flag and I stand for the flag issue blew up during the Trump admin not Obama, but that is my opinion on the matter. White politicians have spoken against bigotry and police injustice, but Obama was our first black potus so I feel for some Americans when Obama spoke against police injustice they took it as Obama speaking against all police which was not the case. And as for Trump, he labeled Marco Rubio as "Little Marco" so I feel that Trump is the most unique POTUS of all time for how he talks and acts. And I for one have a hard time believing Trump is a so called racist, but Trump says things and retweets things that can be viewed as racist..

George S Patton

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post

Are they expressing support for the police -- or for a police state?

I see some of these folks couple the blue line flag with the CSA flag...I saw one today...so I look at that and I wonder what those folks think about various issues. What can I say I dont like these types of images. The issue is that this blue line flag was not a thing of the American past, people would just put up a US flag on there bumper sticker and that was IMO a great thing.

George S Patton

Comment

Thats the thing. You know how much money folks make off this stuff...selling blue line flags and selling decals and bumper stickers saying I stand for the flag. Back in the day folks would put up bumper stickers of the US flag and that was respectable. But I disagree with this blue line flag and similar items.

I feel that Obama and Trump had issues. Obama could have done a few things better and Trump has also made mistakes. To me, the whole blue line flag and I stand for the flag issue blew up during the Trump admin not Obama, but that is my opinion on the matter. White politicians have spoken against bigotry and police injustice, but Obama was our first black potus so I feel for some Americans when Obama spoke against police injustice they took it as Obama speaking against all police which was not the case. And as for Trump, he labeled Marco Rubio as "Little Marco" so I feel that Trump is the most unique POTUS of all time for how he talks and acts. And I for one have a hard time believing Trump is a so called racist, but Trump says things and retweets things that can be viewed as racist..
                      You've got two different subjects going on:

Obama - always questioned police only when it involved arresting black people. Dd not like police and let it be publicly known. The Beer summit was the most pathetic thing done by a president in recent times.

Making money off current events - probably always happened. Somebody was undoubtedly hawking images of gladiators outside the Coliseum.

Obama is gone and people will continue to make money feeding off of public sentiment.

System 2
                      America 0

Comment

You've got two different subjects going on:

Obama - always questioned police only when it involved arresting black people. Dd not like police and let it be publicly known. The Beer summit was the most pathetic thing done by a president in recent times.

Making money off current events - probably always happened. Somebody was undoubtedly hawking images of gladiators outside the Coliseum.

Obama is gone and people will continue to make money feeding off of public sentiment.

System 2
                        America 0
                        Well I see Obama in a different way compared to you, and to each there own. I dont see Obama as any more critical or supportive of the police compared to GWB. I will also say wrt the beer summit, look at the details the police officer(James Crowley) and college professor(Henry Gates ) became friends after the summit, so that was a success. Trump should learn from FDR and invite Obama or H Clinton on as advisers in some capacity. Or Trump should invite Omar over to the white house for a meeting of some sort. Like how FDR did with inviting Welkie the gop front runner in 1940 to become an adviser. Btw 1940 was a time when the US flag was honored, it was not a blue line flag in those days. Obama seemed to have taken a page from FDR in setting up the beer summit.

I feel most democrats and GOP Americans support the police. We have seen protests against police injustices in the USA and that has been going on since the beginning of our country in some fashion or another. And we have seen attacks against cops but only a minority(criminals) of Americans support attacking the police.

As you say companies have always sought different ways to make money including creating political designs or flags. And I feel some folks buy these blue line flags because they support the police which is good...But the issue is some folks seemingly buy the blue line flag as an in your face to folks that question police crime or an in your face to support bigotry wrt those that have the CSA flag coupled with the blue line flag. Police men and civilians alike commit crimes no one is perfect. In the WW2 era decals, flags, bumper stickers of the likes that said buy war bonds, FDR, we support our troops were seen in public...there were many decals of this era that were beautiful and they supported a common cause all Americans could stand for...but today we have these blue line decals and I stand for the flag decals and to me those types of images get away from the past images Americans used that were good and not divisive .
                        Last edited by Stonewall_Jack; 13 Aug 19, 17:56.

George S Patton

Comment

What has Trump done to bring people together?
                          "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                          - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

All of that has been previously posted multiple times. You might consider running a forum SEARCH for it.

Comment

Actually, people stopped respecting the flag around the time of Viet Nam and it's been downhill ever since. I'm not interested in arguing the non-existent merits of either president.

People always have, and always will, make money selling topical current events stuff, whether bumper stickers, MAGA hats, lawn signs, T-shirts or key chains. We Americans are famous for it.

Frankly, I don;t like it any more than you do but we're stuck with it. Kind of like the weather.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X