Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US and Israel Involvement in Syria - Which Side Supports Al Qaeda?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US and Israel Involvement in Syria - Which Side Supports Al Qaeda?

Al Qaeda a Lesser Evil? Syria War Pulls U.S., Israel Apart

MOUNT BENTAL, Golan Heights—This mountaintop on the edge of the Israeli-controlled Golan Heights offers a unique vantage point into how the complexities of the Syrian war raging in the plains below are increasingly straining Israel’s ties with the U.S.
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/al-qaed...art-1426169708
    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
    - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Obama should have never gotten us involved in that. Shipping weapons to ISIS......the JV team was not a good idea.

No wonder the Israelis weren't happy with Obama.

The article is from March 2015, what a different e a new administration makes.
    "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Okay one more ultra- screw up in foreign policy by Obama. What's new about that?

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
        Okay one more ultra- screw up in foreign policy by Obama. What's new about that?
        Nothing new. There are some people here who needed the history lesson, as they're not aware of Israel's support of terrorists.
        "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
        - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post

Nothing new. There are some people here who needed the history lesson, as they're not aware of Israel's support of terrorists.
          Where did the article say Israel support terrorist?

"I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Which ones?

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

Which ones?
              I think this might be a continuation of the other thread that was closed.

Comment

The problem is some Americans still believe that Jews are out to destroy the world, or that Muslims are out to destroy the world. Its only a few Americans that hold such views IMO.. but they are loud, they seek attention and unfortunately fox and cnn will at times give these folks attention. Look at the situation with Epstein, some are saying see thats what Jews do to kids, its the same with the so called grooming gangs in the UK, some said see thats what Muslims do to kids..

Islam and Judaism are peaceful religions,because millions of Jews and billions of Muslims are peaceful..A few bad Jews a few bad Muslims does not make their religions bad...only a bigot would think that a few bad eggs makes the whole group bad.
                Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
                Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

George S Patton

Comment

You mean Obama's support. You should read your own stuff.
                  Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

You mean Obama's support. You should read your own stuff.
                    Both.
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Israel takes al Qaeda fighters into their hospitals to treat them, after the US has bombed them. What type of ally would do this? Israel assisting al Qaeda only makes our job more difficult in defeating them.

To the south of this overlook, from which United Nations and Israeli officers observe the fighting, are the positions of the Nusra Front, the Syrian branch of al Qaeda that the U.S. has targeted with airstrikes.

Nusra Front, however, hasn’t bothered Israel since seizing the border area last summer—and some of its severely wounded fighters are regularly taken across the frontier fence to receive treatment in Israeli hospitals.
                      https://www.wsj.com/articles/al-qaed...art-1426169708
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

There is an old Arab saying, "The enemy of my enemy is my friend!". Who is the Nursa fighting that Israel does not like?

Pruitt
                        Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

I believe Nusra is fighting groups backed by Iran. Understandable to back an enemy of an enemy, but I'm not an Israeli citizen. As such, I'm interested in strategies and outcomes that benefits the US, above all else. Allowing Israel to bolster al Qaeda is not remotely in the best interest of the US. Is there anyone willing to disagree with that? It's alarming to me that Americans are willing to take a softer stance on al Qaeda, of all terrorist organizations, in order to benefit a foreign country.

Keep in mind even some Israeli's, as the article points out, are weary about allowing al Qaeda to gain influence and control in Syria. Who here wants to see that? That is an extremely dangerous possibility.

The solution, from an American perspective, is to defeat al Qaeda, in addition to the groups backed by Iran, but Israel is not allowing us to do that. They want al Qaeda to win.
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

What if it was Iran backing al Qaeda fighters? Better yet, what if Obama was ordering that al Qaeda fighters be evac to American bases for treatment. What would the response have been?

Pretty easy to imagine, but for some reason, Israel is allowed to do this and no one really cares.
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X