New Rules for Legal Immigrants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Massena View Post

Then you're saying that the immigration 'trends' in the 19th and 20th century were all by people from Ireland, Germany, Italy, and Eastern Europe who could support themselves once they came to the United States?
    No, I'm just replying to another anti Trump thread pointing out that the 'new' rule is in fact not a new rule. It was the SOP in 96 under Clinton.
    "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

So, then, CNN isn't 'twisting' the story on the new rules for legal immigration...
      Yes, CNN is twisting the story, read what I posted. This isn't a 'new' rule from Trump.
      "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by BorderRuffian View Post
        Why do you pretend to care about poor people? The only reason you want them here to help elect democrats.
        Another RW conspiracy theory and talking point. Are you jealous more Christians are voting democratic?
        Why would people in the middle class vote republican? Makes no sense. Unless you're scared into it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post

Yes, CNN is twisting the story, read what I posted. This isn't a 'new' rule from Trump.
          Really? It just came out recently. Perhaps this will help you:

"The Trump administration will make it harder for legal immigrants who rely on government benefit programs, such as food stamps and subsidized housing, to obtain permanent legal status as part of a far-reaching new policy aimed at altering the flow of legal immigration and reducing the number of poor immigrants."

Notice the term 'far-reaching new policy.'

Trump was also filmed talking about it.
          We are not now that strength which in old days
          Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
          Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
          To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Really? It just came out recently. Perhaps this will help you:
            Yes, really and I clearly explained that that rule was in effect in 96 under Clinton. Why is this so hard to accept?

CNN is twisting facts again. I had to follow the same rule in 96 when my family was going through immigration. She couldn't work until she received a green card so she volunteered at Navy Relief on Camp Pendleton. She never did get a green card.

Why would anyone want someone to come to this country to go on welfare?
            Last edited by Nichols; 13 Aug 19, 10:47.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X