A good guy with a gun.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post

Your use of the Congressmen getting shot up is not a good comparison. The shooter had a goal. The usual mass shooter has no goal and seldom even know the people they shoot at. Just targets and get as many as possible. Total stranges and inncoent vicitms
    But the congressmen were strangers to him and innocent as well.
    They may not have been quite as random, but there was no sane reason for him to decide to try and kill them.
    Clearly, the man was mentally ill.
    Please note that at no point am I attempting to blame his actions on being democrat (he apparently was affiliated with durbin's office or campaign) or even the rhetoric coming from the left.

Even if there is hateful rhetoric coming from the left, I think that it would only influence a person who is already mentally ill.

I think we all agree that the mentally ill shouldn't have guns, the problem is accomplishing that goal in a legal manner.
    At this point, I do not trust politicians to handle that issue as the definition of mentally ill is already being corrupted in order to accomplish political goals. (I will support if needed)
    Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Originally posted by Cult Icon View Post
      how about a good gun with a bad guy?
      That would be this;
      Gunman wounds at least 6 Philadelphia police; 2 others freed...

Crowd Taunts Officers, Laugh At Them...

Comment

A bit more on this one, excerpts:
        Police sources identified the gunman in a standoff at a Tioga apartment building that left six police officers injured as Maurice Hill, 36, a Philadelphia man with a lengthy history of gun convictions and of resisting attempts to bring him to justice.

The police sources declined to be identified because they were not authorized to speak. Reached by phone about 9:30 p.m. Thursday evening, Shaka Mzee Johnson, the lawyer who most recently represented Hill, confirmed Hill had a connection to the standoff.

“My client is requesting me to come to the scene,” he said.

GOPUSA Editor’s Note: Philly mayor Jim Kenney immediately takes advantage of the shooting to call for gun control in press conference.
        Hill’s history in the adult criminal justice system began in 2001 when he was 18 and was arrested with a gun that had an altered serial number.

Public records show that he has been arrested about a dozen times since turning 18, and convicted six times on charges that involved illegal possession of guns, drug dealing, and aggravated assault. He has been in and out of prison; the longest sentence handed him came in 2010, when a federal judge gave him a 55-month term.

And, his record would indicate, he does not like to go to prison. In 2008, he was convicted of escaping, fleeing from police, and resisting arrest. Along the way, he beat criminal charges on everything from kidnapping to attempted murder.

Hill also spent time in federal prison. In 2008, he pleaded guilty to federal firearms violations after he was caught with a Smith & Wesson .357 and later a Taurus PT .45 semiautomatic. His prior felony convictions should have barred him from owning those weapons. U.S. District Judge Paul S. Diamond sentenced him to four years and seven months in prison.

More recently, Hill was convicted of perjury in 2013 and sentenced to seven years of probation. He appeared before Common Pleas Court Judge Rayford Means for three different alleged violations of probation — at least two of them related to new cases, which he later beat.
        http://www.gopusa.com/?p=74382?omhide=true

This person sounds like one in serious need of karma recycling. Too bad he didn't go via "suicide by police".

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X