A good guy with a gun.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cult Icon View Post

Well developed sense of humor here I am not "left", merely one of the few sane persons in an insane forum. It is my civic responsibility to make fun of stupid posts, including yours
    How subjective of you
    "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Well developed sense of humor here I am not "left", merely one of the few sane persons in an insane forum. It is my civic responsibility to make fun of stupid posts, including yours
      Really humble and modest,too.
      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        Might be time to go back to the days of the Old West and everybody packs a gun on their hip.
        I agree, every non-criminal over the age of 16 gets a weapon. Subsidized by the govt for those who cannot afford. This is the only way to be safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          Might be time to go back to the days of the Old West and everybody packs a gun on their hip.
          Well we don't want to claim historical accuracy in the Western movies but in them most town folk were unarmed.
          "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by inevtiab1e View Post
            ...every non-criminal over the age of 16 gets a weapon. Subsidized by the govt for those who cannot afford...
            Would that be Medigun For All?

Comment

Originally posted by III Corps View Post

Would that be Medigun For All?
              Could be, what other method would we be able to arm everyone over the age of 16 that can't afford a gun? I mean, 2A advocates should be barking from the hills for every person to be armed.

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
                Yes, they are called the police.
                No, in each case, the Police State was already present and in a position to quickly respond. Otherwise, it would have been a case of Where every second counts, the police are just minutes away...

Comment

Taking away people's guns is condemning thousands of people to death .

Comment

I think a more pertinent question would be: How many gun laws are there already in the books....and why haven't any of those prevented any of the mass shootings? Why would more laws be any more effective than those passed previously?
                    You'll live, only the best get killed.

-General Charles de Gaulle

Comment

What did the armed citizen do that any unarmed citizen couldn't do? Are you supporting mentally ill people walking into walmart with a camera taping the reactions people have from a shopping cart?

Well first, what did the unarmed citizens do? Nothing. So there goes your argument right there. You're also applying hindsight, knowing that the guy didn't fire a round. But, I personally would like to see how you would detain someone who's in full tactical gear while you're unarmed. All in the heat of the moment without the hindsight of knowing what his intentions were. It's easy to talk the talk on the internet, but that doesn't hold any value to me.

Secondly, the fact that this firefighter was even armed, is worthy of praise in itself. For as many guns as we have in this country, we really need more good guys with ccps. I used to watch a youtube channel where the host would perform random edc checks on his subscribers when he ran into them in person. What they had and didn't have on them was important and what happened here is exactly why. In my view, it is irresponsible to go out of the house without proper protection. Prepare for the worst and hope for the best and why not look out for others if you're capable of doing so. It took 3 minutes for officers to respond to that situation. You realize how many people can die within that time...

And your second question was just asinine, sorry. There is nothing in my post that can be remotely interpenetrated as a sign of support for mentally ill people doing something that's obviously wrong.
                      "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                      - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

No gun laws are going to change a culture that's predicated on hatred and violence. Time we stop ignoring the core issue and get to the root of the problem here.
                        "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by ljadw View Post
                          Taking away people's guns is condemning thousands of people to death .
                          Thinking like that isn't mentally healthy. Lay off RW media and conspiracy theories. No wonder there's mentally ill people 'snapping.'

Comment

how about a good gun with a bad guy?
                            That 's known as Ian Fleming's Scaramagna….
                            The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post

Well first, what did the unarmed citizens do? Nothing. So there goes your argument right there. You're also applying hindsight, knowing that the guy didn't fire a round. But, I personally would like to see how you would detain someone who's in full tactical gear while you're unarmed. All in the heat of the moment without the hindsight of knowing what his intentions were. It's easy to talk the talk on the internet, but that doesn't hold any value to me.

Secondly, the fact that this firefighter was even armed, is worthy of praise in itself. For as many guns as we have in this country, we really need more good guys with ccps. I used to watch a youtube channel where the host would perform random edc checks on his subscribers when he ran into them in person. What they had and didn't have on them was important and what happened here is exactly why. In my view, it is irresponsible to go out of the house without proper protection. Prepare for the worst and hope for the best and why not look out for others if you're capable of doing so. It took 3 minutes for officers to respond to that situation. You realize how many people can die within that time...

And your second question was just asinine, sorry. There is nothing in my post that can be remotely interpenetrated as a sign of support for mentally ill people doing something that's obviously wrong.
                              Unarmed citizens did nothing (there was no threat). A responsible gun owner confronted the irresponsible gun owner. The problem in America is there's a lot of irresponsible gun owners. Don't lock weapons up, leave them laying around, selling to friends(strangers) to pay the rent, etc.

Comment

Unarmed citizens did nothing (there was no threat). A responsible gun owner confronted the irresponsible gun owner. The problem in America is there's a lot of irresponsible gun owners. Don't lock weapons up, leave them laying around, selling to friends(strangers) to pay the rent, etc.
                                Someone walking into a store in full tactical gear is a threat. There's a reason they cleared the store out.
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X