The NRA in Trouble?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by inevtiab1e View Post
    The NRA is against what 80+% of Americans want.

The NRA is against mental health checks.

The NRA is the largest lobbyist on capitol hill.
    Absolute BS, provide some facts.

"I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
      Absolutely correct-very well said.
      Absolutely incorrect.

The NRA is not against what 80+% of what Americans want.

The NRA is not against mental health checks.

The NRA is nlt the largest lobbyist on capitol hill.

Before you go claiming that I am pro NRA;

For your S/A, I am not a member of the NRA. I did have to take their rifle class in order to be a merit badge counselor for the BSA.

I am against outright lies.
      "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post

Absolutely incorrect.

The NRA is not against what 80+% of what Americans want.

The NRA is not against mental health checks.

The NRA is nlt the largest lobbyist on capitol hill.
        Whatever you say. I have only one problem with your posting: as usual you provide no evidence or sourcing for your opinions, not even a useless youtube video.

'You are entitled to your own opinions, you are not entitled to your own facts.
        We are not now that strength which in old days
        Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
        Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
        To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post

Whatever you say. I have only one problem with your posting: as usual you provide no evidence or sourcing
          I didn't make the claims, envitab1e did and you claimed he was absolutely correct. Proving the false claims is on the both of you.

Provide the facts, you claim they are correct.

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post

Absolute BS, provide some facts.
            Facts are all I deal in.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/08/05/nra-...heck-laws.html
            https://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-bl...gun-rights-toohttps://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...little-to-show
            https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...little-to-show

Comment

You aren't dealing in facts, three of those links are to same subject. We'll deal with them first, you stated:

NRA is the largest lobbyist on capitol hill.
              The five biggest spenders in lobbying last year, in descending order, were the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, the National Association of Realtors, Blue Cross Blue Shield, the American Hospital Association and the Pharmaceutical Research & Manufacturers of America.

Rounding out the top 10 were the American Medical Association, Boeing, the National Association of Broadcasters, AT&T and Business Roundtable.

Influencing the government has become a multibillion-dollar business, with companies and trade associations hiring lobbyists and attorneys to push their agenda and shape policymaking.

https://thehill.com/business-a-lobby...s-spending-big

You stated this:

The NRA is against mental health checks.
              From the link that you provided:

Under this scheme, these folks would lose their constitutional rights without due process and with no finding that they are a danger to themselves or others the standard that the government must meet before banning people from gun ownership. And contrary to media reports, these individuals are not severely mentally ill qualifying conditions for Social Security disability are eating disorders, anxiety and insomnia.

It's also important to note that this rule is opposed by not just the NRA, but also the ACLU and at least a dozen mental health organizations. That's because taking away constitutional rights without due process is fundamentally un-American. Congress is right to repeal the unconstitutional Obama Social Security rule.

Numerous other organizations were against the unconstitutional Obama Social Security rule.

What you posted aren't facts, it is twisting reality to make it appear to be something that it isn't.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X