Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is Going to Happen to the Children?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You need to arrange a system that only takes about six hours to get to the job. There are people that will drive over a thousand miles to work on a 7 and 7 schedule. Look at the rig workers on the film "Deep Water Horizon". Most of the workers live in Texas and the rig was Southeast of the mouth of the Mississippi. They had to drive to a heliport and ride a helicopter out to the rig. That is serious travelling!

You also need to pay the workers enough to attract local people. When I was young we had a Menhadden Processing Plant West of Cameron, LA by the ferry. It was out in the marsh. Why? Menhadden are ground up into bone meal and used as fertilizer. It also stank very badly. No one in Cameron Parish would work there because of the smell. They had to hire people from Lake Charles to work there. The plant is now gone because they overfished the Menhadden!

We also once had Meat packing plants around Lake Charles. They closed because they would not pay enough to keep workers. Now we have roads like Swift Plant Road! No Swift Plant, though. I did see a Rice Dryer...

Pruitt
    Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

• Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post

The original travel ban never made it to the SCOTUS. As a result, there was no resolution on those decisions.
      The lower court decisions on the initial travel bans were nakedly political and not based on the law.
      They were embarrassing exercises in judicial activism.
      I’ve read the decisions. Have you?

The travel ban you were including in your “Muslim ban” was upheld by the SCOTUS. In other words. Constitutional.

Please don’t provide opinions of political hacks as proof of facts. They aren’t the same things.
      The fact that Cooper called it a Muslim ban (like his dem talking points told him to) is proof enough that he is just a political hack.
      An honest ”newsman” would have called it what it was (travel ban) and let us make our own decisions. Instead, he tells us the correct conclusion.
      I had no opinion of cooper before, but now I do.
      You might find this interesting:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartandhp

'The greeting, translated as "Blessed Feast" is used as a salutation during Islam's high holidays. Eid al-Adha, which this year runs from sundown August 10 to sundown August 11, honors Abraham's willingness to sacrifice his son Isaac at God's command.'

'After posting the greeting on Twitter Sunday morning, the first daughter and presidential advisor was derided as "Nepotism Barbie" and accused of Islamophobia for her association with the Trump administration, which instituted a travel ban on visitors and immigrants from several majority-Muslim countries in 2017.'

'"Your father instituted a Muslim ban," tweeted Mother Jones editor-in-chief Clara Jeffery.'

'"Psst, don't nobody tell Nepotism Barbie here how her father tried to ban all Muslims from entering the United States," wrote Smirking Chimp blogger Jeff Tiedrich.'

'In February 2017, President Trump issued Executive Order 13769, "Protecting the Nation from Foreign Terrorist Entry into the United States." The White House described the order as a preemptive attempt to keep out dangerous individuals from unstable, predominately Arab countries.'

'"Deteriorating conditions in certain countries due to war, strife, disaster, and civil unrest increase the likelihood that terrorists will use any means possible to enter the United States," EO 13769 warned.'

'The ban has been labeled racist, Islamophobic and anti-immigration—and Ivanka received full brunt of criticism Sunday following her olive branch toward the Muslim community.'

'"Imagine being the advisor to the president who created the Muslim ban and tweeting this," wrote novelist Molly Jong-Fast (The Social Climber's Handbook).'

'"Your father is bigoted against Muslims of all nationalities," wrote Justin Hendrix. "Your duplicity is despicable."'

'Ivanka Trump, who converted to Judaism before marrying husband Jared Kushner, followed up her outreach to Muslims with a tweet marking the parallel August Jewish holiday of Tisha B'av.'

'"Wishing you health, happiness and joy!," she tweeted Sunday. "From sundown last night to sundown tonight, Jews around the world observe Tisha B'Av, an annual day of mourning and fast when we remember the destruction of the Temple and other tragedies that have befallen the Jewish people. May all observing experience a meaningful Tisha B'Av."'

Ivanka Trump is an elitist dillitante.

We are not now that strength which in old days
      Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
      Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
      To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pirateship1982 View Post

I read them. But as I said, I am no longer accepting theology based rationalizations for breaking our immigration law. The matter there is closed. I heard it out. I am not convinced. That's the only answer I shall present for said arguments for the time being.

Yes or no will do.

If there is abuse then the abusers should be punished to the fullest extent of the law.
        Well- I'm glad you've agreed to seeing that children have some rights. I'm sure that in both our bibles, your will find:
        Matthew 18:6 ESV /

But whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a great millstone fastened around his neck and to be drowned in the depth of the sea....

seeking vicarious revenge against illegal immigrants by punishing children taken into custody is terribly - wrong. A raped twelve year old isn't just collateral damage.

The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

• Originally posted by marktwain View Post

Well- I'm glad you've agreed to seeing that children have some rights. I'm sure that in both our bibles, your will find:
          Matthew 18:6 ESV /

But whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a great millstone fastened around his neck and to be drowned in the depth of the sea....

seeking vicarious revenge against illegal immigrants by punishing children taken into custody is terribly - wrong. A raped twelve year old isn't just collateral damage.

What makes you think the rights of the children of illegals are being violated?

A religious based argument is only relevant if your opponent were using one to support his view.
          He isn't, no one is as far as I can tell.

Are you advocating a religious litmus test to the enforcement of all laws, or just this one?

Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post

What makes you think the rights of the children of illegals are being violated?

A religious based argument is only relevant if your opponent were using one to support his view.
            He isn't, no one is as far as I can tell.

Are you advocating a religious litmus test to the enforcement of all laws, or just this one?
            Easy, Mon......no need to get personal over this.
            the New York times reports over four thousand cases of Sexual and physical abuse against detained children - and the only detention reason is that their parents are illegal immigrants.

It appears to be as crisis. And prosecuting the perpetrators later isn't enough.

Comment

Easy, Mon......no need to get personal over this.
              the New York times reports over four thousand cases of Sexual and physical abuse against detained children - and the only detention reason is that their parents are illegal immigrants.

It appears to be as crisis. And prosecuting the perpetrators later isn't enough.
              I agree it is a crisis.
              But the fact that there is a crisis doesn't logically require a suspension of law enforcement.

Unfortunately, adults will often try to use children as shields or "get out of jail free" cards.
              It isn't limited to illegals.
              Enabling and rewarding such behavior isn't in anyone's best interest.

Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

the New York times reports over four thousand cases of Sexual and physical abuse against detained children -
                Do you have a link to that?
                "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

• I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

• It appears that the parents were reunited with the kids after they were processed.....

A total of 680 people were arrested in Wednesday’s raids, but more than 300 had been released by Thursday morning with notices to appear before immigration judges, said U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement spokesman Bryan Cox.

About 270 were released after being taken to a military hangar where they had been brought, and 30 were released at the plants, Cox said. He did not give a reason except to say that those released at the plants were let go due to “humanitarian factors.”

https://time.com/5648346/immigrants-...d-mississippi/
                    "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Nichols View Post

From October 2014 to July 2018, the Office of Refugee Resettlement, a part of the Health and Human Services Department that cares for so-called unaccompanied minors, received a total of 4,556 allegations of sexual abuse or sexual harassment, 1,303 of which were referred to the Justice Department. Of those 1,303 cases deemed the most serious, 178 were accusations that adult staff members had sexually assaulted immigrant children, while the rest were allegations of minors assaulting other minors, the report said.

Comment

From October 2014 to July 2018, the Office of Refugee Resettlement, a part of the Health and Human Services Department that cares for so-called unaccompanied minors, received a total of 4,556 allegations of sexual abuse or sexual harassment, 1,303 of which were referred to the Justice Department. Of those 1,303 cases deemed the most serious, 178 were accusations that adult staff members had sexually assaulted immigrant children, while the rest were allegations of minors assaulting other minors, the report said.

Comment

The ORR is a huge program within the office of Administration for Children and Families under the umbrella of the dept of HHS.

The ORR has eight major divisions at the federal level, each with a director and support staff:
                            1. Division of Policy & Procedures
                            2. Division of Budget & Data Analysis
                            3. Division of Refugee Assistance
                            4. Division of Refugee Health
                            5. Division of Refugee Services
                            6. Division of Unaccompanied Children Operations
                            7. Division of Planning and Logistics
                            8. Division of Health for Unaccompanied Children
                            "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

• Originally posted by Nichols View Post

Did you say 'please'?

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

• Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
                                You need to arrange a system that only takes about six hours to get to the job. There are people that will drive over a thousand miles to work on a 7 and 7 schedule. Look at the rig workers on the film "Deep Water Horizon". Most of the workers live in Texas and the rig was Southeast of the mouth of the Mississippi. They had to drive to a heliport and ride a helicopter out to the rig. That is serious travelling!

You also need to pay the workers enough to attract local people. When I was young we had a Menhadden Processing Plant West of Cameron, LA by the ferry. It was out in the marsh. Why? Menhadden are ground up into bone meal and used as fertilizer. It also stank very badly. No one in Cameron Parish would work there because of the smell. They had to hire people from Lake Charles to work there. The plant is now gone because they overfished the Menhadden!

We also once had Meat packing plants around Lake Charles. They closed because they would not pay enough to keep workers. Now we have roads like Swift Plant Road! No Swift Plant, though. I did see a Rice Dryer...

Pruitt

Where I'm at, it's a one day drive to the border.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X