Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is Going to Happen to the Children?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Persephone View Post

I don't understand why they don't come down harder on the companies that hire them. It's common sense.

I would like to see companies who need workers to come up with a program to sign up the workers in Mexico, bus them into the US on Mondays to work and bus them back on Fridays to spend weekends with their families. Provide good working/living conditions and a decent wage. If these workers wish, they can start the process to legally stay in the US. This should be a fairly simple process if employers sponsor them.
    I could totally back that idea. The liberals should back that instead of open borders and amnesty. I'd go bipartisan on it.

A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

The problem is how we get them back to Mexico on Friday and back to work on Monday? I used to work 7 and 7 offshore. Going and coming back would eat two whole days out of the 7 off. You would spend the whole weekend travelling. Second, how would they eat and sleep while working? Most people would rather bring the family and stay near the job.

If these plants and factories would pay a living wage, the locals would work there.

Pruitt
      Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post

Check the title of the thread..
        I did check the title of the thread and what happens to the children still is the responsibility of the adults that broke the law and put them in that situation.
        "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post

I did check the title of the thread and what happens to the children still is the responsibility of the adults that broke the law and put them in that situation.
          https://cruxnow.com/church-in-the-us...rant-children/
          Feel free to read this...
          The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateship1982 View Post

The cruelty of Rome is irrelevant. The Bible still says obey the law so trying to game the grace concept to excuse criminal behavior is a non starter. Paul made it abundantly clear in his "Shall we keep sinning that grace might increase, certainly not." bit that said attempts to use grace as an excuse for misbehavior don't pan. The moment you see grace as an entitlement and not a gift, you're out of bounds.

​​​​
            Saint Paul refused to obey the roman Laws that , among other oddities, required him to worship the reigning emperor as a diety...
            And was beheaded for 'defying the "laws"
            render unto God what is God's"

Comment

Originally posted by marktwain View Post
              The bishops also covered up decades of sexual abuse. Doesn't change the statement; the parents are responsible for breaking the law.
              "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
                The problem is how we get them back to Mexico on Friday and back to work on Monday? I used to work 7 and 7 offshore. Going and coming back would eat two whole days out of the 7 off. You would spend the whole weekend travelling. Second, how would they eat and sleep while working? Most people would rather bring the family and stay near the job.

If these plants and factories would pay a living wage, the locals would work there.

Pruitt
                Well, they likely would if illegal immigration ended. They'd have to. Illegal immigration has single-handedly ruined the construction trades with low wages and shoddy workmanship. But, contractors and developers hire illegals by the thousands to do the work because they work cheap.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/p...n-construction

https://www.pewhispanic.org/2016/11/...grant-workers/

https://www.numbersusa.org/pages/jobs-americans-wont-do

It's clear that if illegal immigration ended, that Americans would do these construction jobs and they'd be paid more to do them. Not only that but quality would improve greatly as well.

Comment

Saint Paul refused to obey the roman Laws that , among other oddities, required him to worship the reigning emperor as a diety...
                  And was beheaded for 'defying the "laws"
                  render unto God what is God's"
                  The Bible does authorize civic disobedience in the case of divine faithfulness. We aren't trying to convert them away from Christianity so nice try but no cigar.

Let me save us a few hours of back and forth. I am familiar with scripture. There are no scripture based arguments that will convince me that scripture serves as an excuse for breaking border law. I've heard all the rationalizations. I won't budge on this.
                  Last edited by Pirateship1982; 11 Aug 19, 09:05.
                  A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

A post addressing the poster and not the post was removed. Please remember to direct your comments to the content of posts, not the character or beliefs of the posters.
                    Thank you
                    ACG Staff

Comment

• Originally posted by Pirateship1982 View Post

The Bible does authorize civic disobedience in the case of divine faithfulness. We aren't trying to convert them away from Christianity so nice try but no cigar.

Let me save us a few hours of back and forth. I am familiar with scripture. There are no scripture based arguments that will convince me that scripture serves as an excuse for breaking border law. I've heard all the rationalizations. I won't budge on this.
                      I would strongly suggest , in your scriptural studies, that you take some time to study the German confessing church, the heroism of Martin Niebuller, Paul \Tillich, etc.,

I quoted the links earlier, - but I've noticed- you don't read my posts, at least.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pirateship1982 View Post

I think people who knowingly hire illegals should be held responsible for their actions. I also think they should face punishment if they made the illegals work in conditions not compliant with safety codes as many do.

Now answer the question. Do you think adults who have broken the law should be held responsible for their actions? Yes or no will do.
                        Given that the OP has already made it clear that the discussion is about the welfare of the separated children, not the guilt of the adults, one may wonder why you are shifting the question.....

Will you accept the New York times as a source?
                        https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/27/u...ual-abuse.html

Comment

• Pelosi and her Democrat stooges in the House are to blame for the situation the children are in now. They chose to go on their August recess rather than work on sending a bill to the Senate for money to better care for the 'separated' children.

So...now we wait until they come back from their month off and hope they get it done. They can still redeem their selfish behavior by cutting their recess short but I highly doubt that.
                          "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

• Originally posted by marktwain View Post

I would strongly suggest , in your scriptural studies, that you take some time to study the German confessing church, the heroism of Martin Niebuller, Paul \Tillich, etc.,

I quoted the links earlier, - but I've noticed- you don't read my posts, at least.
                            I read them. But as I said, I am no longer accepting theology based rationalizations for breaking our immigration law. The matter there is closed. I heard it out. I am not convinced. That's the only answer I shall present for said arguments for the time being.

Given that the OP has already made it clear that the discussion is about the welfare of the separated children, not the guilt of the adults, one may wonder why you are shifting the question.....
                            Yes or no will do.

Will you accept the New York times as a source?
                            https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/27/u...ual-abuse.html
                            If there is abuse then the abusers should be punished to the fullest extent of the law.

Comment

• Originally posted by Persephone View Post
                              Pelosi and her Democrat stooges in the House are to blame for the situation the children are in now. They chose to go on their August recess rather than work on sending a bill to the Senate for money to better care for the 'separated' children.

So...now we wait until they come back from their month off and hope they get it done. They can still redeem their selfish behavior by cutting their recess short but I highly doubt that.
                              Agree with you there.
                              the welfare of children is a barometer of a society. In 1902 , Dr Barnardo was hailed as a visionary, while he was collecting from both the sale of indentures in Canada- and the Parliament OF GREAT \BRITAIN , - for his 'placement scheme.'
                              we learn slowly, it appears
                              https://www.thecanadianencyclopedia....grant-children

Comment

• Originally posted by Pruitt View Post

Pruitt
                                The companies should come up with a program to sign them up in Mexico, arrange transportation, provide a decent working wage and temporary living arrangements in barracks or mobile homes Mon thru Fri.

Many companies here charter buses for their workers to and from work every day.

Image result for genentech bus

Image result for google bus

Image result for Oracle bus

Image result for Yahoo bus

If they want to bring their family here they need to start the process to stay here legally then apply for their family. They can't just come running across the border hoping to outrun border guards.

Last edited by Persephone; 11 Aug 19, 14:00.
                                "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X