Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is Going to Happen to the Children?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    How stupid do you have to be to blame capitalism when it is the reason illegal immigration from dysfunctional countries come here in the first place. Socialism would definitely solve the problem by reducing the U.S. to the same kind of dysfunctional countries the immigrants are fleeing. Cognitive dissonance is a terrible thing, we need to find a cure for people possessed by idiotic ideology.

    We hunt the hunters

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Nichols View Post

      The issue is that congress needs to change the law. Until that happens it is crazy to blame Trump for doing the exact same thing that Obama did.
      Right something needs to be done and the POTUS, senate and congress will have to play a role
      Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
      Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

      George S Patton

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Nichols View Post

        My guess is that ICE knew that most of the children would be in school.....that would give them time to process the illegals and get a plan in place to take care of the kids once school was over.
        Were all the children placed somewhere until the parents were processed? With the scope of the raid, there is room for a lot of children to have been missed.

        Pruitt
        Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

        Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

        by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
          How stupid do you have to be to blame capitalism when it is the reason illegal immigration from dysfunctional countries come here in the first place. Socialism would definitely solve the problem by reducing the U.S. to the same kind of dysfunctional countries the immigrants are fleeing. Cognitive dissonance is a terrible thing, we need to find a cure for people possessed by idiotic ideology.
          In Canada we follow our "British heritage tradition.

          Pip Pip what Ho....
          https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Modest_Proposal
          The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post

            Crossing the Border is a misdemeanor, like jaywalking. Do jaywalkers get tossed in jail and separated from their family? What say thou oh holly Christian? Would your Christ approve of these actions that you support? I seriously doubt it.
            Yes, they do. (Misdemeanor is a crime punishable by less than one year in the county jail, a felony is more than one year and in prison)
            Even misdemeanors have bail set. (Think DUI, assault, theft)
            If you can't make bail, you stay in jail.
            Trump has nothing to do with the appropriate application of the law. (except in the minds of the left)

            Bail will be denied to those who pose a risk of harm to others or are a flight risk.
            Do you really think that illegals are going to show up for their bail hearings? (hint: they don't)

            Jaywalking is likely a mere traffic offense, so there would be no bail set for that. It is not a offense that can result in jail time.

            What other laws should we ignore?
            And if these laws are so onerous, one wonders why Obama and the dem controlled government ignored it when no one could have stopped them.
            It is almost as if they didn't care about these people.
            Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

            Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post
              What other laws should we ignore?
              From the left's perspective, it appears that any law Trump enforces should be ignored and labeled racist.

              "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post

                Yes, they do. (Misdemeanor is a crime punishable by less than one year in the county jail, a felony is more than one year and in prison)
                Even misdemeanors have bail set. (Think DUI, assault, theft)
                If you can't make bail, you stay in jail.
                Trump has nothing to do with the appropriate application of the law. (except in the minds of the left)

                Bail will be denied to those who pose a risk of harm to others or are a flight risk.
                Do you really think that illegals are going to show up for their bail hearings? (hint: they don't)

                Jaywalking is likely a mere traffic offense, so there would be no bail set for that. It is not a offense that can result in jail time.

                What other laws should we ignore?
                And if these laws are so onerous, one wonders why Obama and the dem controlled government ignored it when no one could have stopped them.
                It is almost as if they didn't care about these people.
                As I see/read it here the OP and others we should just ignore laws, my questions would be, why have laws in the first place, let everyone do what they want to do?
                My other question is, what would the OP and his supporters do about this, I know, I know, look the other way.
                Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post

                  Crossing the Border is a misdemeanor, like jaywalking. Do jaywalkers get tossed in jail and separated from their family? What say thou oh holly Christian? Would your Christ approve of these actions that you support? I seriously doubt it.
                  Invoking Jesus is the oldest dodge in the book. And one of the silliest since the Bible repeatedly says obey the law of the land. Grace was never presented as an excuse for anarchy. Nothing quite as funny though as an unbeliever trying to lawyer a faith he doesn't practice for political leverage.

                  Immigrants are not above the law. It's just that simple. If you want to come to America, great. We'd love to have you. Qeue up and do it properly though. Why is that so unreasonable for you?
                  A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by marktwain View Post

                    In Canada we follow our "British heritage tradition.

                    Pip Pip what Ho....
                    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Modest_Proposal
                    There are over a billion children living in extreme poverty in the world. Canada could probably take half a billion and maybe 250 million of their parents hey

                    These kind of emotional arguments do more harm than good in the long run. Open borders likely make the problem worse by relieving pressure on dysfunctional governments.

                    We hunt the hunters

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Trung Si View Post

                      As I see/read it here the OP and others we should just ignore laws, my questions would be, why have laws in the first place, let everyone do what they want to do?
                      My other question is, what would the OP and his supporters do about this, I know, I know, look the other way.


                      I think it is the height of hypocrisy to attack trump for enforcing the law that Obama enforced and chose not to change. He was asked about changing immigration laws after passing Obamacare so it was clearly an issue back in 2008.
                      Those laws were just fine until trump tried to enforce them. Funny how that happens.

                      If the laws are bad and the dems openly refused to change them, they cant credibly condemn trump for enforcing the laws they found acceptable.
                      Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

                      Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Nichols View Post

                        From the left's perspective, it appears that any law Trump enforces should be ignored and labeled racist.
                        True. Even when he enforces the same laws that BOs people bragged they were enforcing.
                        I seem to recall they crowed about record numbers of deportations. Despite that, not a peep from people who claim enforcing existing law is racist
                        Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

                        Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Nichols View Post

                          From the left's perspective, it appears that any law Trump enforces should be ignored and labeled racist.
                          I just came across this gem from The Hill:

                          When Biden was running to be the Democratic presidential nominee in 2007, he was unequivocal when asked at a debate about whether he would allow sanctuary cities to ignore federal law.

                          No, he responded.



                          I thought only white supremacists enforced the law.
                          Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

                          Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/07/opini...jee/index.html

                            'Over the course of this summer, the American people -- across party lines -- have shown that they reject the hate and dehumanization of immigrants that appears to have motivated last weekend's mass shooting in El Paso. Many are outraged over the cruel neglect of children in custody along the border -- child abuse as immigration policy -- and this has spurred Congress to exercise some much-needed oversight.
                            '
                            We are not now that strength which in old days
                            Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
                            Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
                            To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              The numbers coming over our southern borders in the past two hears is staggering. It is so easy to sit in our climate controlled homes and judge, but the fact is we just were not prepared for 100k or more a year, let alone in a month or two.
                              I have continuously stated this is an international crisis and as of yet there has been no action on the part of the U.N., or the World Health Organization or any of the agencies that offered to help refugees from Syria, or African nations.
                              The mayor of Tijuana asked for international help to deal with the overwhelming numbers of refugees overloading the services his city can provide.
                              It is hypocritical IMO for the international community to criticize when they offer no help to the families, children and elderly refugees that are left to make a trek of over 1800 miles , crossing rivers, deserts, jungles and through areas controlled by human traffickers and drug cartels just to get to our southern borders.
                              The civilized thing to do would be to establish refugee services at the source of the problem,. It is as if everyone is avoiding the resolution to the cause and the source of the problem for political gain.
                              Get the refugees sorted out, documented, make sure they have needed innoculatons and allow immigration services function.
                              Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
                              Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                I notice that my scathing rebuttal of the OP on page 1 has gone unanswered.



                                Those morons outraged over the separation of children from their criminal parents is nothing but an irrelevant appeal to pity.



                                Let's see more of this:

                                http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/06/21/...own/index.html

                                http://connection.ebscohost.com/c/ar...ne-of-1-9m-ins

                                http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/ari...cc4c03286.html

                                https://www.alipac.us/f12/ca-chuys-r...-239243-print/

                                Comment

                                Latest Topics

                                Collapse

                                Working...
                                X