This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blackhat View Post

I agree with the first statement, but I would contest the second somewhat. My area is full of blue-collar Democrats, and in my personal interactions and conversations with them I'm finding more and more openly admitting to jumping ship to Trump based on the real world economic impacts they're experiencing first hand, and the hyperbolic rhetoric run amok from their own party. Like '16, they may not admit it to a pollster or their Democrat friends, but come election time a lot will be checking a box they never checked before. Hard to gauge the real number, but the trend does appear to be growing around here.
    The majority of Americans, blue or red, care about the almighty dollar above all else. It's what makes America, America. If all the democrats have to run on is racism, they're doomed. Americans are not going to sacrifice their money to protect equality. This is why I say BLM and similar activists are naive and foolish. Protesting, raising awareness, talking etc. is a waste of time. If you want people to take notice you have to hit them where it matters. The economy. If blacks used their 1 trillion dollars of yearly buying power to their advantage, then and only then would you start to see people take notice.

But, is progress worth it when that's what's required to enact change? Probably not. So I go back to my original point in us not having anything to discuss.
    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
    - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
      [b]Terrorist Sympathizers
      The US has had plenty of terrorist sympathizers in high office.

Andrew Cuomo

Peter King

Bill Clinton

Barack Obama

You see, when the political context is "agreeable," then the terrorist -- and his terrorism -- is agreeable. It's hypocrisy writ large. Donald Trump didn't invent this kind of mendacity, he merely inherited it is all. We went years and years and years not holding our elected officials' feet to the fire for not condemning terrorism in the strongest possible terms. Instead we rewarded them with yet higher offices.

So the shock and dismay over Donald Trump today is either rather novel, or rather disingenuous.
      I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
        So the shock and dismay over Donald Trump today is either rather novel, or rather disingenuous.
        Sure there have been terrorist sympathizers in various ways at high levels of the govt. I think people's outrage is dealing with a president who sympathizes with domestic terrorists.

Comment

The US has had plenty of terrorist sympathizers in high office.

Andrew Cuomo

Peter King

Bill Clinton

Barack Obama

You see, when the political context is "agreeable," then the terrorist -- and his terrorism -- is agreeable. It's hypocrisy writ large. Donald Trump didn't invent this kind of mendacity, he merely inherited it is all. We went years and years and years not holding our elected officials' feet to the fire for not condemning terrorism in the strongest possible terms. Instead we rewarded them with yet higher offices.

So you're trying to normalize this? This is something that I should view as acceptable given the US' terrible history.
          "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
          - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

One of the biggest issues standing in the way of global peace and stability, is the fact that the US and Israel has and continues to support terrorists. I'm well aware of this and have been trying to convince American's who refuse to believe that their country has ever supported, backed and armed Muslim extremists, that this is exactly what's happening. For them, America can do no wrong, especially when their preferred party is in power. They're blind patriots. The equivalent of drones and lemmings. They claim (rightfully) that Obama supported terrorists, then pretend as if Trump isn't continuing the same strategy in Syria. A strategy that supports Muslim extremist.

I do not view the US as the good guys who are anti-terror, so I do not need this history lesson. It's nothing new to me.

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by inevtiab1e View Post
              Sure there have been terrorist sympathizers in various ways at high levels of the govt. I think people's outrage is dealing with a president who sympathizes with domestic terrorists.
              FALN wasn't domestic enough for you? The KKK? The Weather Underground? The BLA? Each of those groups could have been viewed as either "rightist" or "leftist," depending on one's persuasion, but the unifying thread -- and threat -- should be clear: the use of random public violence to achieve a political end has in the past been rendered tolerable, even laudable, if the right political "boxes" were "checked." That's the scary part.

So you're trying to normalize this? This is something that I should view as acceptable given the US' terrible history.
              I'm "normalizing" terrorism -- or was it normalized long ago? And in your next post, you unzip your fly.

One of the biggest issues standing in the way of global peace and stability, is the fact that the US and Israel has and continues to support terrorists. I'm well aware of this and have been trying to convince American's who refuse to believe that their country has ever supported, backed and armed Muslim extremists, that this is exactly what's happening. For them, America can do no wrong, especially when their preferred party is in power. They're blind patriots. The equivalent of drones and lemmings. They claim (rightfully) that Obama supported terrorists, then pretend as if Trump isn't continuing the same strategy in Syria. A strategy that supports Muslim extremist.

I do not view the US as the good guys who are anti-terror, so I do not need this history lesson. It's nothing new to me.
              Who are you, Ward Churchill, or a contemporary Neo-Nazi? You've already revealed your feelings towards Jews, so don't start playing indignant now. Aren't you now playing the same game for which you're criticizing Pres Trump?

Comment

One of the biggest issues standing in the way of global peace and stability, is the fact that the US and Israel has and continues to support terrorists.
                How has the US and Israel support terrorist?

One of the issues standing in the way of global peace is the constant attacks on Israel either by resolutions in regards to the UN or outright hostility by Israel's neighbors that want the Israeli people terminated.
                "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post

How has the US and Israel support terrorist?
                  Technically he's not wrong. The US "Phoenix" program in RVN was, for all intents and purposes, a terror campaign. So were Shtern and Irgun in embyonic Israel. I just don't see how that justifies al Qaeda nowadays. Al Qaeda, despite the rhetoric, was never about protesting US or Israeli policy: if they were, then all of those rich Saudis and Kuwaitis who contributed to al Qaeda would instead have lobbied their own governments to treat Palestinians like actual people, instead of like dogs, which is how Palestinians have been treated in the Gulf Arab countries for decades. No, al Qaeda was fighting some other kind of war, one about their principles' own interests, not their "people's," and not God's.

Comment

FALN wasn't domestic enough for you? The KKK? The Weather Underground? The BLA? Each of those groups could have been viewed as either "rightist" or "leftist," depending on one's persuasion, but the unifying thread -- and threat -- should be clear: the use of random public violence to achieve a political end has in the past been rendered tolerable, even laudable, if the right political "boxes" were "checked." That's the scary part.

I'm "normalizing" terrorism -- or was it normalized long ago? And in your next post, you unzip your fly.

Who are you, Ward Churchill, or a contemporary Neo-Nazi? You've already revealed your feelings towards Jews, so don't start playing indignant now. Aren't you now playing the same game for which you're criticizing Pres Trump?
                    Yes, criticizing support of terror is... support of terror. Makes perfect sense. You're too sensitive to have an objective conversation on this subject.
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

China,North Korea,Saudi Arabia,Russia and Iran would light the world on fire even more if most of them were not contained.
                      The US has done a relatively good job of keeping the peace since WW2 and they still do as long as they can afford to do so.

Comment

The virtue signaler can ramble on about how the US supports terrorists, but the second you say the exact same about Israel you're a neo nazi. Take your double standards and shove them up your ass.
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Yes, criticizing support of terror is... support of terror. Makes perfect sense. You're too sensitive to have an objective conversation on this subject.
                          Yeah, something about spending a whole day climbing on the remains of two thousand PIRA-supporting Irish Catholics smoked by 19 Jihadis in the name of their God kinda struck me personally . . . .

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I don't give a damn about the politics. What I care about are thousands of work-a-day Joe's and their kids being exposed to, being subjected to, random violence all 'cause some hard-on has a politics jones. That offends me on a visceral level. Had I seen it with my own eyes it would have offended me in 1938. I wasn't around for that episode, however. What i can tell you is that it offends me now. That it doesn't offends you just goes to show how you view "politics" as more important than people.

Comment

Closed for clean up and possible further action
                            ACG Staff

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X