X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post

*Even Hollywood can't defeat PC culture.
    Not for lack of trying.

Leave a comment:

• TactiKill J.
    replied
    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    The film has been cancelled. Even Hollywoody couldn't make this travesty happen. Although I did hear that they wanted Hilary Clinton for the part of the depraved president.

*Even Hollywood can't defeat PC culture.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    The film has been cancelled. Even Hollywoody couldn't make this travesty happen. Although I did hear that they wanted Hilary Clinton for the part of the depraved president.

Leave a comment:

• Hida Akechi
    replied
    Originally posted by Jutland View Post

50 odd thousand isn't a few, the film got more reviews in one day than Endgame did in its entire run.

​​​​​​There was clearly a campaign to bomb the movie and RT was ready for them.

Much like an actual real life fight the Trolls lost....
    That's just the conspiracy. RT deleted many, many negative reviews, regardless if they were trolling or factual.

Leave a comment:

• Jutland
    replied
    Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post

Some were, but what RT did was remove as many negative ones as possible, regardless if they were trolls or legit complaints about the movie.
    50 odd thousand isn't a few, the film got more reviews in one day than Endgame did in its entire run.

​​​​​​There was clearly a campaign to bomb the movie and RT was ready for them.

Much like an actual real life fight the Trolls lost....

Leave a comment:

• Hida Akechi
    replied

Weren't alot of those negatives reviews made before the film was released?

Some were, but what RT did was remove as many negative ones as possible, regardless if they were trolls or legit complaints about the movie.

Leave a comment:

• Jutland
    replied
    Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post
    After the Captain Marvel fiasco (which they intentionally deleted low-rating comments in favor of keeping higher-rating ones), I've had validation on ignoring anything that comes from Rotten Tomatoes.
    Weren't alot of those negatives reviews made before the film was released?

Leave a comment:

• Hida Akechi
    replied
    After the Captain Marvel fiasco (which they intentionally deleted low-rating comments in favor of keeping higher-rating ones), I've had validation on ignoring anything that comes from Rotten Tomatoes.

Leave a comment:

• inevtiab1e
    replied
    Originally posted by Pirateship1982 View Post
    I noticed Fox News was crawling all over it. I wished they hadn't. I saw their first blurb and knew within two internet searches that the film wasn't glorifying murdering conservatives.
    Thank you for applying critical thinking and researching the story further.
    If I could sort it out that fast, there's no reason they couldn't.
    Fox isn't in the business of finding the truth, they're in the business of spreading conspiracy theories and disinformation. Fox and republican elitists have learned they can get people to support corporate polices by scaring them and lying to them.
    Everything RW is geared toward paranoia, fear, conspiracy theory, disinformation and scaring the crap out of the audience......all for a vote.

Leave a comment:

• CarpeDiem
    replied
    Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

So one site rates it highly. That is hardly a ringing endorsement of it.

As for the ad hominem that follows meh...
    It is if you understand how Rotten Tomatoes works. Rotten Tomatoes doesn't rate movies itself. It's an aggregate site. It collects hundreds of reviews from a variety of different sources to average a score for the reviewed movies. So in the case of Get Out they looked at 354 published reviews which gave it a 98% Fresh Score. Reviews by individuals on the site were also overwhelmingly postive.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/get_out#contentReviews

How they determine the score:.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/about...thetomatometer

Get Out was very highly rated and reviewed when it came out. IMO rightly so.

Leave a comment:

• Pirateship1982
    replied

Get Out.
    Whoops. Thought the comment was on The Hunt. That's what I get for posting late.

Leave a comment:

• Half Pint John
    replied
    officially sanctioned death hunt
    By which official MM?

Leave a comment:

• Jutland
    replied
    The movie hasn't been released, meaning most if not all of the Rotten Tomato crowd calling it good are doing the exact same thing.
    Get Out.

Leave a comment:

• TactiKill J.
    replied
    Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

So one site rates it highly. That is hardly a ringing endorsement of it.

As for the ad hominem that follows meh...
    I could dive deeper, but there's no point in arguing over a movie you don't know anything about.

Leave a comment:

• TactiKill J.
    replied
    The movie hasn't been released, meaning most if not all of the Rotten Tomato crowd calling it good are doing the exact same thing.
    Get Out was released in 2017

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X